[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Gen 6 wasn't trash and gave us actual new pokemon instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (23 KB, 182x193) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 182x193
If Gen 6 wasn't trash and gave us actual new pokemon instead of glorified but mostly ugly forme changes, people won't be clamorimg for Gen 7 so bad this early.
>>
>/vp/ is the majority of the fandom

top kek
>>
>>24846553
True but gen 6 wasn't so bad just needed at least 5 more pokemon
>>
>>24846554
>people automatically means majority
Reading comprehension is hard, no?
>>
File: 1450320865611.jpg (52 KB, 480x356) Image search: [Google]
1450320865611.jpg
52 KB, 480x356
>72 new pokemon
>tons of them are weak as fuck
>three strongest pokemon from the generation owe it all to their special snowflake abilities
>>
>>24846560
>implying the opinion of the minority is worth shit
Trash, like this thread.

>>24846564
Gen V did the same despite giving us 156 Pokemon.
>>
>>24846554
>mentions /vp/
>OP didn't mention /vp/
>thinks people = majority of "fandom"

You may want to try reading comprehension, friend. I guess that's what happens with avid shitposters.
>>
>>24846572
Gen 5 gave a lot of competitively viable pokemon you mong
>>
>>24846580
Same could be said for Gen VI, actually.

With the exception of Furfrou, Meowstic (Male is great in doubles though), some Gourgheist sizes, Carbink, and Pyroar (which would have been decent given there weren't other similar Fire-types with similar spreads), most VI mons have at least one strategy that hold up well in UU and over.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 219x219
>>24846553
>using the reason why gen 5 is shit for why gen 6 is shit
>>
>>24846553
I just want more new Pokémon.
72 is very disappointing. Game Freak know a Pokémon can be anything.
So, It's easy to come with new Pokémon.
>>
>>24846665
>Gen 5 didnt give new pokemon and only forme changes
You're a fucking idiot. Gtfo
>>
>>24846665
>making your bait this obvious
>>
File: tips betray.png (361 KB, 511x541) Image search: [Google]
tips betray.png
361 KB, 511x541
>Gen 6 is bad
>>
Gen5 was so great.

I hope we get games like that again soon.
>>
>>24846564
>three strongest pokemon from the generation owe it all to their special snowflake abilities

Tyrantrum and Goodra are pretty strong though. You did say the three strongest though, so ill give you that.
>>
>>24846671
Oh it gave us new Pokémon. 90% were shitmons but they're still technically Pokémon.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 512x288
>>24846779
>>
>>24846948
Tell me about the all-powerful Heatmor.
>>
>>24847189
>implying all mons on every gen are viable on UU/superior
>>
>>24846553
>If Gen X wasn't trash and gave us XXX instead of XXX people won't be clamorimg for Gen X so bad this early.

Basically, whining because whining
>>
>>24847209
man shut the hell up.
>>
>gen V gives us the largest roster of new pokemon added to date
>tons of them are fantastic
>gen VI gives us the smallest roster addition to date
>literally the only two good designs are aegislash and hawlucha, everything else being trash
>>
>>24846553
no i would rather swap the elemental shitmonkeys for some more megas
>>
>>24846553
If gen 5 wasn't trash and had given us actual pokemon instead of cheap knock offs of the original 151, people wouldn't have been so excited for gen 6 to come out as quickly as it did.
>>
>>24846671
Gen 5 gave shit pokemon and shit form changes of the shit pokemon in its shit sequels.
>>
>>24846779
Ok. For your statement to be true, 10% of all pokemon introduced in gen v were shitmons, or 15. Well,

>kyurem
>zekrom
>Bisharp
>hydreigon
>volcarona
>reuniclus
>Genesect
>darmanitan
>krookodile
>mienshao
>mandibuzz
>zoroark
>tornados
>thundurus
>landorus
So if I can name one more...
>Excadrill
Who's the fag now?
>>
>>24848873
I think you can count prevolutions when you're counting. So Bisharp also gets... uh.. whatever the crappy little can opener is called.
>>
>>24846553
NO ONE'S ASKING ABOUT GEN 7. EVERYONE'S GETTING ANXIOUS FOR Z, BECAUSE THEY HOPE IT'LL "FIX" GEN 6.
>>
Why does /vp/ hate Gen V? i hate to generalize like this, but i've only seen people hate on it. Honestly, its my favorite gen. i mean fuck, even /v/ will admit gen v is good, and /v/ hates everything!
>>
>>24846779
True statement.
There were a number of gems though.
Such as Galvantula, Golurk, Volcarona, and Bisharp.
>>
>>24846560
>use weasel word
>act surprised when it's treated like one
retard
>>
>>24848820
See:
>>24846948
>>
>>24846729
It is
XY had shitty map design past the first 2 gym leaders
>>
>>24848820
nah, people were excited or Geen 5, even those who disliked the new pokemon
>>
>>24846738
Same here, I was really surprised when I gave Black a chance, after Diamond/Pearl I thought the franchise was going in the wrong direction, but then Gen V fixed everything and gave us the definitive pokémon experience. From the first time since Gold/Silver it felt like a real adventure, in search of pokémon, discovering places, getting badges, beating the bad guys and for the first time the story was really cool and well adjusted for the game. Gen III plot was cool too, but not so prominent like in Gen V. GenI&II plot was quite poor, GenIV is a joke.
>>
>>24849092
> hate Gen V
> 2015
Wat? I love gen V, it's my favourite.
>>
>>24849149
None of the games have good map design.
>>
People complain about only 72 new pokemon, but they had to 3D model 750 pokemon from nothing. Cut them some slack.

The worse thing is that the games themselves feel so rushed and unfinished. It isn't the lack of new mons, it's how the E4 are the biggest pushovers ever with no rematch, the storyline that feels like you're only getting half the story, the joke rivals, the nearly nonexistent postgame, the gym leaders with 2-3 pokemon, and how all the creativity seemed to go into the Megas while for the most part the regular pokemon are only so-so.
>>
>>24849287
design wise I liked nearly all the 6th gen pokemon, sure a lot are shitmons but design wise the only pokemon I remember getting a lot of flak were keys and barney
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.