[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE ULTIMATE DEBATE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: pinkqts.png (112 KB, 613x293) Image search: [Google]
pinkqts.png
112 KB, 613x293
So yeah,

Clefairy was originally supposed to be the mascot of the franchise, and yet Jigglypuff has proven to be 1000x more popular. 4chan's contrarian mentality might lead us to believe /vp/ would prefer Clefairy, so let's find out.

Which do you like the most and why? Try to keep it more or less in regards to design/concept instead of purely metagame crap.

http://strawpoll.me/6299270
>>
>>24846299
Meta = life

Git gud you scrubpleb
>>
Clefairy because it's cuter.
>>
>>24846299
>and yet Jigglypuff has proven to be 1000x more popular
Jigglypuff got popular because it was a character in the anime. Same reason why Mewtwo is more popular than it should be.
>>
>>24846299
I'm sure that if in the anime they had made clefairy the one following ash, singing and throwing fits, it would have been as popular as jigglypuff is now
>>
>>24846334
except she has a weird shape and lacks gigantic baby eyes

jigglypuff's visual naturally radiates a lot more charisma
>>
>>24846299
Clefairy because it's from Space
>>
>>24846349
jigglypuff too
>>
jigglypuff > clefairy

clefable > wigglytuff
>>
>>24846299
I loathe both of them, seriously fuck clefairy and FUCK JIGGLYPUFF, why is jigglypuff STILL in smash? when has it been relevant enough in recent mainline pokemon titles for it to warrant ANOTHER appearance in smash? HRFOGRORORORRGROOOOAAHAAAAAJIGGLYPUFFGETOUUUT
>>
>>24846403
>why is jigglypuff STILL in smash?

She's the joke character. She's there so skilled players can piss off their friends even more.
>>
It's funny to think about what clefairy would look like today if it got the pikachu treatment
>>
>>24846427
>If Clefairy got the Pikachu treatment
Someone should shoop/draw a thinner Clefairy
>>
>>24846299
Jigglypuff has a more attractive design, looks cuter with a bow, and is still relevant due to Smash.
>>
File: clefairy.png (46 KB, 271x415) Image search: [Google]
clefairy.png
46 KB, 271x415
>>24846427
>>
Jigglypuff and Pikachu are the only two Pokemon I've legitimately hated since I watched the anime as a kid.
>>
File: clefairynow.png (107 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
clefairynow.png
107 KB, 700x500
>>24846427
>>
File: 960668_400_315.jpg (68 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
960668_400_315.jpg
68 KB, 400x315
Jiggs. I'd probably like Clefairy more if it had Cleffa's cute face.
>>
just realized that jigglypuff's body + clefairy's eyes = kirby
>>
>>24846403
Because Sakurai doesn't care about muh patterns aside from "muh 12 original smashers"
>>
Sing > metronome
>>
>>24846521
clefairy has been able to learn sing naturally since the very beggining
>>
File: purin6.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
purin6.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>24846403
None of the original 12 are getting removed at this point, cry more fag.

If anything, she was the character that was the most neglected so far in the balance patches, so at this point the developers also probably don't care about her anymore, just add her to the roster and call it a day. So yeah she would be removed at this point if she wasn't from the roots of Smash, but well she is so not gonna happen.

I'm sorry if your bromon didn't make it to Smash yet.
>>
I have always liked Clefairy more, even back when Jiggs was the second mascot. I would have loved Clefairy in smash btw - Metronome spam to piss people off, glorious.
>>
>>24846299
>says /vp/ will be contrarian and pick clefairy
>/vp/ tries to counter OP and goes for jigglypuff
countercontrarianism at its best
>>
>>24846299
i've always been a wigglytuff fan but i kind of like that clefairy is more detailed than jigglypuff

clefable is shit anyways

jigglypuff < clefairy
wigglytuff > clefable
>>
>>24846299
can we talk about how fucking useless cleffa and igglybuff (and pichu) are? Clefairy, jigglypuff (and pikachu) are all way cuter and better designed than their babies.
>>
>>24846630
this,it would have happened to if they stuck to it being the chosen mascot. Clefairy is cuter and metronome is fun
>>
Clefairy is more useful in doubles.

Jigglypuff is more useful in triples.

Nobody plays triples. Clefairy wins.
>>
>>24846378
Agreed
>>
>>24847672
I think cleffa and pichu are cute, though. Pichu's seizure taunt in melee was great.
>>
jigglypuff is fucking ugly, those giant eyes and the round pink body make it look like a bloodied cottonswab
clefairy is better d e s u
>>
Clefairy because boom boom
>>
>>24846470

Sugimori art da bes imo desu
>>
jigglypuff

>anime character
>better design (all 3)
>based wigglytuff from EoS
>funnest smash character

clefairy

>multiple le epic gimmick sets
>attracts stupid memers that point out it looks like gengar
>worse designs
>not in smash
>not a notable character in any game or anime

it's not even a contest
>>
>>24846329
This and Smash boosted it to S tier
>>
>>24846299
jigglypuff > clefairy > clefable > wigglytuff > cleffa > igglybuff

in terms of design
>>
>>24846378
cleffa > igglybuff
clefairy < jigglypuff
clefable < wigglytuff
>>
>>24846299
Recently used clefable in a red run and a competitive (ability) wigglytuff in an OR run. They were each the MVP of both runs. Planning on doing a run with only a clefable and a wigglytuff next

also holy shit wigglytuff is amazing in mansion doubles and triples, used it on my statue runs for both formats
>>
>>24849712

cleffa > igglybuff
clefairy > jigglypuff
clefable < wigglytuff
>>
Clefairy line > Jigglypuff line
>>
>>24846573
>posting that shit anywhere near Kirby just because they can both inflate

Kill yourself.
>>
File: file.png (409 KB, 468x508) Image search: [Google]
file.png
409 KB, 468x508
>>24851019
They were semi-clones in 64 and still share similar moves and traits due to that. Stop being a salty faggot.
>>
>>24846967
came here to say this, 4chan is so predictable
>>
clefairy is better
i give no fuck about your contrarian meme
>>
>>24846343
Jigglypuff and Pikachu's both gone through some design changes from the games to the anime, unlike Clefairy who have more or less stayed the same. Jigglypuff became much more perfectly round instead of a flabby thing, and even in the early anime Pikachu's limbs were already more elongated than the Fatchu design.

If Clefairy had been the mascot or become a recurring character it likely would have had a similar streamlining to make it more easily animated and appealing at the same time.

Take for example; Gastly - it went from a stippled haze with a face to a black ball on fire with a face - it wasn't because of technical limitations it was really envisioned that way in the Capumon document.
>>
>>24846299
I wish they were single forms. Their evolutions looks worse than them, are less cute and add nothing interesting to their designs.
>>
>>24846967
>if clefairy wins /vp/ is being contrarian
>if jigglypuff wins /vp/ is also being contratian
why even bother creating the thread then?
>>
File: 858235_p0.jpg (105 KB, 600x647) Image search: [Google]
858235_p0.jpg
105 KB, 600x647
>>24851058
>>
>>24850974
Wigglytuff? Really? What did you use it for in Maison?
>>
>>24852931
probably Perish Song in triples. Perish Song completely breaks triples.
>>
>>24852931
Something that never fucking died and would wreak havoc anytime my opponent brought something out with intimidate.
Here's the set
Guildmaster @ Leftovers
252Def/4SpA/252SpD
Competitive
Bold Nature
~Protect
~Wish
~Dazzling Gleam
~Hyper Voice
>>
>>24846299
chansey > clefairy > jigglypuff
>>
>>24850999
Muh nigga
>>
jigglyfags are the worst. truly genwunners nostalgiafags influenced by the ashnime
>>
I used Clefable in my all normal team... Then they retconned it into a pure Fairy type which effectively killed what I had bred it for.
>>
>>24846299
jigglypuff looks better tbqh

id fuck both though
>>
>>24852174
>>24851058
JIGGLY NO HE'S GOING TO EAT YOU
>>
>>24846299
Clefairy's design is too busy. There are so many things going on, and they're all distracting and don't work well with each other.

Jigglypuff's simplicity is best.
>>
File: 1431129775228.png (72 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
1431129775228.png
72 KB, 211x244
>>24846378
>clefable > wigglytuff
>>
>>24846299
jiggly looks cuter, but concept wise, clefairy wins by a fucking landslide
a pokemon who is obsessed with moonlight and possibly from the moon?
hell mother fucking yes
cute moon fairy for the wi
>>
jigglypuff looks better but clefairy has better lore

/thread
>>
Cleffa >>>>>>> igglybuff
Clefairy = jigglypuff
Clefable < Wigglytuff
>>
Clef airy line was always cooler. Only smash babbies like jigglypuff more.
>>
>>24847748
Remember when gen 6 first started and everyone was using boltbeam+moonblast+coverage clefable in singles? Good times for the best pink blob, and yeah it's still at least relevant and igglybuff is ugly as hell.
>>
I actually like Clefairy better, mostly because it's better to use but I also like its design and concept better too.
>>
>>24864012
Absolute reverse. Babies should be ranked in cuteness, and Igglybuff's cuter. Fully-evolved Pokemon should be ranked in viability, and Clefable is way better than Wigglytuff in battle.
>>
>>24846299
They are both great. The chansey line is the one that looks like shit.
>>
>>24846403
>why is jigglypuff STILL in smash?

because it's easy to re-implement and she doesn't play remotely like anyone else except Kirby by a stretch
>>
>>24864550
except smash babies hate jigglypuff for wasting a character slot
>>
Girls like spheres. Jigglypuff is more spherical.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.