[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will be the next OP boosting move?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: XY_Prerelease_Xerneas_Geomancy.png (123 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
XY_Prerelease_Xerneas_Geomancy.png
123 KB, 400x240
>gen 2 had Curse
>gen 3 had Dragon Dance
>gen 4 had Nasty Plot
>gen 5 buffed Tail Glow and introduced Quiver Dance and Shell Smash
>gen 6 had Geomancy

Gen 7 should buff Calm Mind to make it boost special by two stages if used by psychic types.
>>
I'm not super happy they destroyed the "only 2 stats boosted" precedent.

Odds are with power creep it will be something like "boost 3 attack and 2 speed" but people will defend it because it's only on mediocre pokemon, then the gen after that gamefreak will give it to more and more powerful pokemon, which people will defend with "git gud"
>>
>+2/-1
>+1/+1
>+2
>+3 and +1/+1/+1 and +2/-1/+2/-1/+2
>+2/+2/+2 (Across 2 turns without power herb)
I could see +2 defenses or +2/+2 offenses

Actually we have the latter from Growth since Gen 5. You forgot to mention that actually.
Maybe +2 speed/+2 to a defense? Give it to something like Serperior. Or a give us a decent electric type with it.
>>
I'm still waiting for +atk/+spdef and +spatk/+def
>>
>>24846307
>Actually we have the latter from Growth since Gen 5. You forgot to mention that actually.
Gen 5 got so many boosting moves
>>
>>24846267
>Swoobat getting +4 sp atk/sp def in one turn
>>
>>24846316
Nah, it just buffed a lot of the older shitty ones to usable status to keep up with the new ones like Cotton Guard and Quiver Dance.

I wish we had other buffs to make everything usable though. Howl should raise your own attack while lowering opponent's defense or something. Leer should raise accuracy while lowering defense. Just little stuff like that.
>>
>>24846267
Gen3 had Calm Mind and Bulk Up, considering they boost 2 stats at once they are not less important than Dragon Dance in any way. Growth was also buffed twice. Cosmic Power is a pain in the ass too on bulky mons, especially when combined with Stored Power. Agility and Rock Polish are also considered offensive boosting moves since said Speed buff is mostly used on cleaners and even sweeps.

Also that situational Work Up / Hone Claws from Gen5 too and fucking Shift Gear and Fiery Dance.

I'm fine with what we already have for the future gens, just look at how relevant Unaware and Intimidate and defensive types are thanks to these power creeps, also count, Charge Beam, Sand Rush, Sheer Force, Guts, Power Up Punch, Defiant, Sap Sipper, Adaptability, Download, Justified, Lighting Rod, Marvel Scale, Storm Drain and Competitive as part of this group, Moxie is kinda outdated already. The other boosting abilities are mediocre.

I personally want a Poison type boosting move, I know some moves have their own features in terms of being offensive, defensive, supporting or passive damage, but Venom Drench is pretty gimmick like and has a debatable distribution, Toxic Boost is only a signature ability like Poison Heal and Guts is has more affinity with Flame Orb, Acid Spray is cool but its basically a phazing move, I'd like to see a Poison type move that benefits its user rather than affecting the target, maybe a Poison type Cosmic Power (Acid Armor has an own theme) or Work Up.

Also about stats boosting in general I'd like to see a Defense version of Assault Vest but no offensive version of Eviolite turning into shit its holder's evolutions.
>>
I think we need special versions of Coil, Hone Claws and Dragon Dance
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>24846267
>Agonistic Spirit
>PP - 10
>absorbs a quarter of your health to boost Atk,SpAtk and Spe by one stage

>Daydream
>PP - 5
>searches into the opponent moves for a stat boosting move, then proceed to steal it gaining the effects and draining all of his PP

you're welcome
>>
>>24846418
>searches into the opponent moves for a stat boosting move, then proceed to steal it gaining the effects and draining all of his PP

So Snatch for casuals?
I'd rather have more accuracy-boosting moves, maybe a +1/+1 acc/speed one, I could see electric or flying types having something like that

What I'd really like is a priority move that makes all stats changes this turn be reversed for the target, similar to Topsy-Turvy but with an actual distribution
>>
>>24846267
I keep seeing suggestions on /vp/ of a Rock-type boosting move for fossil or otherwise very old Pokemon species.

It would boost Attack, Defense and Speed by one stage each.
>>
>>24846307
>Maybe +2 speed/+2 to a defense? Give it to something like Serperior.
What?
>>
>>24846367
Only if we get special versions of intimidate, confusion, foul play, rocky helmet, contact-triggered abilities and burn.

There is a reason why swords dance is more widely distributed than nasty plot despite what people believe: there are way more tools to counter physical attackers.
>>
>>24846459
Since they're all part rock type, +1 accuracy as well would be great for them
>>
More moves to boost accuracy would be nice. Something like +1 speed/+1 accuracy/+1 def or sdef
>>
Physical Quiver Dance.
>>
Boosts attack 2 stages but it also boosts crit ratio. Like a super focus energy.
>>
>>24846501
Why does it need to be two stages then? Calm the fuck down.

What about a move that has a chance to raise your crit ratio to 100?
>>
>>24846516
>why does it need to be two ratios then?
To be a better swords dance with a more controlled distribution.
>>
>>24846523
Why do we need a better swords dance?
>>
>>24846529
We don't, but the entire thread is about what's going to be the next OP boosting move.
>>
>>24846267
>wanting gen 1 amnesia back
no, its broken as fuck
>>
>Tribute
>Status, Ghost
>Causes the user to faint. In return, the Pokemon taking its place will have all its stats boosted by +1.
>>
>>24846544
Not on Psychic type pokemon.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.