[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a pokemon besides Shedinja get Wonder Guard without turning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1418089101157.png (119 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1418089101157.png
119 KB, 359x291
Can a pokemon besides Shedinja get Wonder Guard without turning to be OP as hell? I don't wanna count Unown, Luvdisc and shit like that because they're gonna stay shit no matter what
>>
>>24845972
Blastoise
Snivy
Dragonair
>>
>>24845975
What a random list. None of these for 1 make sense to have Wonder Guard and also none of them would be fair with wonder guard.
>>
>>24845977
Yes but think about it like this
Why not
>>
>>24845975
wtf this list
>>
>>24845972
lunatone and solrock, perhaps?
>>
>>24845972
Luvdisc would be broken with wonder guard
>>
>>24845972
Unown is literally the only one
>>
Shedinja is balanced with Wonder Guard because of hardcoded exception that forces Pokemon with base 1 HP into having exactly one hitpoint no matter what.
I guess you could try giving it to something slow with a large number of weaknesses like Aurorus or Abomasnow.
>>
>>24846105
Any mon with multiple HP's would become broken on the spot based solely of how good a pivet they'd become.

Just look at that one shedinja/togekiss/Msableye/ditto team everybody was runnining for a while, half the team's purpose is to make shedinja last as long as possible and yet, the team works greatly, even tough shedinja has 5 (i think) weaknesses.

Even if you give it to luvdisc, everything but two types of attacks deal 0 damages to it, which makes it a 99% safe switch in into every single set that doesn't contain one of those.

Shedinja isn't shit because any super effective attack is a garenteed kill, it is shit because SS/hail/status/hazards/rough skin/etc kill it in one hit.
>>
>>24845972
Skill swap Shedinja and then pass it on to a Sableye/Spiritomb for mega lulz.
>>
>>24846135
oh yeah Luvdisc would become so great with its ability to do... exactly nothing! And definitely won't be OHKOd by any, even the tiniest bit coverage move
>>
Sturdy mega-shedinja when?

Wonder guard was always a shitty gimmick. Immunity to absolutely all direct damage but immediately dying to passibe damage makes more sense.
>>
Aurorus
>>
File: 1450333524846.png (227 KB, 526x696) Image search: [Google]
1450333524846.png
227 KB, 526x696
>>24845972
Magcargo
Any rock/ground type.
>>
Any electric type. Add magnet rise to your moveset or use balloon as item
>>
>>24845972
Role Play/Synchronize/Skill Swap
>>
>>24846340
Wonder Guard should block against everything but that Shedinja's specific Hidden Power Type.
>>
>>24846331
Did you even read my post?
Firstly, there would be a shitload of sets that would do nothing to lovdisk, just on top of my head, I can think about Garchomp, Landorus, Talonflame, Weavile, Dragonite, Azumaril, most TTar (T-bolt is rare), mega altaria, bishard, Zard X, skarm and so on.

All of those mons would literally pose 0 threat to Luvdisk, and you can add a lot of other mons to this list if they don't specificallt run HP grass/electric, like MLP or Zam.

And his movepool is not great but it's not non-existant, he still has access to things like scald and sweet kiss, which amplifies his ability to randomly criple something while pretty much never dying on the switch in.
>>
>>24846586
Also, Luvdisk can sub, which makes wonder guard even more broken.
>>
>>24845972
unown would probably be a sick pivot but still not totally broken
>>
>>24846341
>>24846369
And exeggutor
>>
Every single ice type.
>>
>>24845972
Aurorus
>>
>>24846586
so it walls some piece of shit threats in OU? That still doesn't seem broken at all, actually it sounds more beneficial against the general powercreep, and it's not like Luvdisc can do anything besides throwing some status at the opponent
also
>anything used Toxic, Willow
>>
isn't the whole point of stealth rock to fuck over shedinja sets?
>>
>>24847411
The who point of stealth rock is it removes 1/4 of the hp of anything weak to it, 1/2 if 4x effective so it fucks up smogon bird et al.
>>
>>24845972
Something with low defenses and many common weaknesses such as Dugtrio
>>
>>24845977
>Wondershell
>Wonderscale
>Wonderscale

makes perfect sense to me m8
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.