[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Pokemon GO News
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: 1412985076393.jpg (196 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1412985076393.jpg
196 KB, 1024x576
NEW NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE MOUTH OF NIANTIC CEO JOHN HANKE
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/16/how-niantic-will-marry-animated-characters-with-mobile-location-data-in-pokemon-go/

>Pokemon, obviously, you’d go out into the real world and find Pokemon and battle them against other players and trade them and go to GYMS. That’s how it’s going to work.

>There will be teams to join in Pokémon, MORE THAN TWO. Those teams will compete against one another

>Today millions of people are interacting with Ingress. Tens of millions of people will interact with Pokémon Go. You can have differentiated client experiences that interface into that same game world. If 100 people have Magic Leap devices, they can play in the game with 5 million people on smartphones. They’ll have a different experience, one that’s maybe better in ways, but you don’t have to wait until 5 million people have Magic Leap to let them have this fun, social, real world game experience

>magic leap
>MAGIC LEAP CONFIRMED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy4Oi6he6Ro [Embed]

>mfw
>>
I don't get it.
>>
>>24845833
what
>>
magic leap is an augmented reality headset similar to microsoft's hololens
>>
>>24845833
>embed
nice job there

Hopefully they will make this shit right.
>>
File: 1441242776085.jpg (29 KB, 487x500) Image search: [Google]
1441242776085.jpg
29 KB, 487x500
>>24845833
>new news
>[Embed]
>>
>>24845833
VR tech right now is shit. You're acting like we're getting Sword Art Online or some shit, fag.
"VR" right now is like those hover boards that actually don't hover and are just on wheels.
>>
>>24845833
>Pokémon will live in different parts of the world depending on what type of Pokémon they are. Water Pokémon will live near the water. It may be that certain Pokémon will only exist in certain parts of the world. Very rare Pokémon may exist in very few places.

Ohh, let's hope they stay true to this. Would be cool as fuck.
>>
>>24845833
Can they actually provide some semblance of gameplay instead of twiddling their thumbs with interviews?

It's like talking with that one college kid who won't show his research paper on-time despite claiming he did all his research.
>>
>>24846650
They are probably still tweaking it a lot. I would imagine it's on the early beta state.

Also, providing gameplay would probably fuck up with the hype. I bet that when it's almost finished there's going to be something, tho. Can't show a product that is claimed to be the very "big step" if it isn't perfect.
>>
>>24846351
OP mentioned AUGMENTED reality, not VIRTUAL reality.

Also those Swegways or whatever are not even advertised as "hoverboards" IIRC. Blame dumb consumers for calling them that. Really, they're just segways without handles.
>>
File: comparison.png (39 KB, 876x357) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
39 KB, 876x357
>>24846685
True, but at least they could do it in small steps.

Consumer interest right now is dwindling far below mainstream interests.
>>
>>24846750
>breaking bad is still incredibly popular

What the fuck is that shit on reruns on netflix or something the show ended like 9 months ago
>>
>>24846750
I agree with anon here.

And even then if they don't have gameplay they could at least start solving some questions like what will the game be like, if it will follow a similar turn based combat like the mainline games and if we can expect them to put all of the 721 mons on it from the start.
>>
File: graph.png (29 KB, 724x288) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
29 KB, 724x288
>>24846750
Oh, I guess I should show the entire graph instead of hiding it at the end.

"Omega Ruby" changed to "Yandere Simulator", and "mlp" to "My Little Pony." Blue means "Pokemon Go".

>>24846764
It ended two years ago, actually. That compounds the fact that it's still got a really large following despite ending and falling out of media rotations.
>>
I'm so fucking hype for this.

Mark my words, it's going to be fucking wonderful. It'll be the grand adventure we've all dreamed of going on since we were ten.
>>
>>24847111
It has already proved to be everything but the dream.
>>
Love Ingress, love Pokémon. This is perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x377
>>24847236
Portals and hacking devices in Ingress have a level system, in all likelihood this will translate into pokemon having a chance to escape from the ball and a variety of balls available from regular to master ball.
Your chance of capturing a pokemon dwindles as the pokemon you encounter will have a higher level, and using a better pokeball alleviates the issue. In return, the capture of higher leveled pokemon will reap higher rewards.
And there will be the inevitable social network sharing option to boost your chances of getting better quality items.
>>
>>24846805
Might have something to do with the fact that nothing is really known about it yet. Once it gets closer to release with actual gameplay to show, it will be marketed big time again. It's enough that everyone knows about it right now.
>>
>>24847236
Even then, it'll still be the experience of "everyone can be a Pokemon trainer" connected with something pretty much everyone has- a phone. The fact that it exists is enough. The idea that Pokemon will be located globally and treated like if they were in the real world makes it fun
>>
just stop beating around the bush and tell us if there is a little chance of all the remaining 570 pokemon to appear and not just LOL MUH KANTO MUH NOSTALGIA

seriously not downlaoding this shit if its kanto only
>>
>>24846614
have people dieing in weird places in the world trying to get legendarys, well this will be fun lol.
>>
>>24849133
>work in a powerplant find a kids body that was shocked to death
>takes his glasses se Zapdos
well then looks like he was hit by a thunderbolt.
>>
>>24849133
>go sailing find a kids bloated body floating
>take his glasses
>see Kyogre
looks like he couldn't handle the surf
>>
>>24849133
>be a scientist that's working by a volcano
>see a kid running up the side
>quickly put on the protection suit
>rush after the kid to stop him
>get to the place hes at
>dead, burnt to a crisp
>take his glasses
>see Groudon
Well then looks like he was unable to handle the heat.
>>
>>24849181
>>24849155
>>24849166
>be an astronaut
>see a kids body floating in space
>wonder how he got up here
>take his glasses
>I want to believe
>see Deoxys
They are real...
>>
>be riding in a plane
>see a kid by the emergence door
>kid opens the door
>plane goes down
>crashes
>wake up on a jungle island
>everyones dead, but me
>castaway the movie but in real life
>find kids glasses but no kid.
>put them on
>time for pokemon journey
>>
File: 38421697_big_p2.jpg (56 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
38421697_big_p2.jpg
56 KB, 500x600
>>24846293
>>>/g/

We're all shills here, that's the entire reason this board exists.
>>
>>24849133
>be parachuting
>in the middle of the fall see a kid's dead body
>somehow get close to the kid and take his glasses
>see Rayquaza
It seems that the sky was his limit.
>>
>>24846614
>tfw they fill your town with Muks, Koffings, and Garbodor
>>
What kinds of Pokemon will be in Texas?
>>
>>24851124
Tauros, Miltank and Crobat.
>>
>>24847236
that's not how ingress works.

why would poke-ingress work like that?
>>
>>24850378
I mean, is there anything in Detroit that ISN'T trash in one form or another?
Why would you expect pokemon to be different?
>>
>>24851124
>>24851155
don't forget remoraid and clawitzer
>>
File: urgh.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
urgh.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>24845833
>Travel the world to collect my favorites
>Finally got my team ready
>Get into a battle with a 10 year old
>Get rekt by six mega rays
>>
>>24851270
>be a police officer doing his rounds
>get a emergence call
>speed to the location
>go inside the house
>spooky stuff starts happening
>look around see no one step on something
>look down and see glasses no kid around
>put glasses on
>ghost pokemon everywhere
>they are real
>get fired for tampering
>still have the glasses
>become a paranormal investigator with his bro Haunter
>>
>be mountain claiming on Everest
>find a frozen kid
>take his glasses
>see Kyurem
looks like he was able to stay frosty under these circumstances
>>
Literally the only thing I want is already one special ball that can be imported into the games
>>
>>24846750
>the thing that has intentionally given no mainstream hype right now is not attracting the attention of the mainstream
No shit. Devoted fans have a long enough attention span to pay attention at this rate, and have enough news sources to not just look on google for anything new. The mainstream, however, is being intentionally left out of the loop, because they don't have that. They won't generally care about a game this early in development. Once it is only a month or so until release, THEN you will see them hype it up.

Just like they have done for every other Pokemon game.
>>
>>24847134
Explain how.
>>
>>24849449
>implying major companies still give a shit about the NEETs of 4chan
Why do you think there is literally ever only 1 company buying 4chan ad space?
>>
This game is most likely going to make people rage. We already know that Nintendo plays favorites with glorious Nippon so they'll be the ones that get any cool shit. It's going to suck for people who live in like Idaho too.
>>
Where are the Pokémon Z News?

It would be funny, if there's Zygardes new forms in Pokémon Go catchable before in the main games.
>>
>>24852697
>flop harder than Yokai Watch did in America
So be one of the most popular new releases, especially given that its on a system far more people have than a 3ds.

Seriously, everyone Ive talked to who knows a damn about Vidya wears YW shirts, was hyped for its release, plays it, loves it, tells friends to get it, etc.
Mind you, a few of these people work in GameStop (and theyre not recommending it because of sales, but because of genuine interest outside of work) and thus are telling almost eveyrone who buys any nintendo products "So you got Youkai Watch yet?"
>>
>>24852689
>not even reading the article before commenting
It's a good thing Nintendo isn't making it :^)

It's being made by an American company, founded using startup funds from both Nintendo and Google, run by guys who grew up in extremely rural areas.

In fact, in ingress, living in small rural areas gives you an advantage, because you can set up huge fields with practically no opposition.

Likewise, I'm willing to bet rural areas would have MORE Pokemon, not less, since there would not be nearly as many trainers to compete against to get Pokemon that show up, and they have stated their goal is to have an even enough distribution of Pokemon that anyone could travel 5 minutes in any direction, on foot, and find something.
>>
>>24852697
>you would need google levels of resources
It's.... Literally being made by Google.
>>
File: 1371282495953.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1371282495953.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>tfw you live in a third world country
A-at least I'll have my starter r-right?
>>
>>24852993
Good news anon, read the interview linked in the OP.

Lots of areas like Brazil and India consume a lot of Pokemon material, but don't actually play the games, because 'lol economy' so they are specifically doing things for those kinds of places, because they will have a monopoly on Pokemon games in those areas.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 390x382
>>24852697
>You would need Google levels of resources to even think about making every zone in the world have unique encounters adjusted to local geography.

>Niantic, Inc. is a software development company best known for the augmented reality mobile games Ingress and upcoming Pokémon GO. It was formed by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke in 2010 as Niantic Labs, an internal startup at Google.

Obvious troll is obvious. People can't actually be that stupid, right?
>>
>>24853011
Oh god now I'm hyped.
I bet it'll be released at the 20th anniversary date.
>>
File: 1370969009223.jpg (6 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
1370969009223.jpg
6 KB, 204x200
The game will only have pokemon from 1st gen won't it?
>>
>>24853089
i swaer to fucking god if its true
>>
>>24853089
My guess is that it will start like that, and then have content updates to add future gens.

They mentioned wanting the app to be expandable, and I assume that would be why. It also lets them go "Oh hey, this area has a lot of players being inactive because there is nothing but diglets near them, let's add some more variety there to get them playing again.
>>
>>24853089
I hope so at first. ONLY because they'll have 1/5 or so the amount of Pokemon to work with, so maybe they can actually focus on the game itself at first.
>>
>>24852638
I didn't say they're targeting us alone, anon. Like you suggest viraling here alone would be pointless, but as a part of a larger marketing push doing it here may catch people they miss elsewhere.
>>
File: 13957208601.png (2 MB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
13957208601.png
2 MB, 332x450
>live in argentina
>literally can't go outside with my phone without being mugged
>>
>they introduce breeding
>you actually have to be moving for the eggs to hatch
The bikesim is real.
>>
>>24846614
That'd mean I'd never get my Volcabrona because I live nowhere near a desert.
>>
>>24853652
i just found out about this game but

http://beta-access.com/pokemongobeta

having a windows phone sucks
>>
>>24852697
>You would need Google levels of resources
Anon please.

Also it would becool could if they received feedback and suggestions from their users like "I think this mon should live around here because of this reason".
>>
>>24855880
This site is a fake. Don't type in your E-Mail address.
>>
>>24856019
oh =/
>>
What's magic leap anyway?
Does it mean true AR experience? Because that's the only way I'm touching this, no matter how much it costs.
>>
I just saw

>marry

> pokemon

and was disappoint.
>>
>>24849133

>kid drowns in septic tank trying to catch Muk
>>
>>24846293
Wait wait wait no wait
News about a pokemon game on the pokemon board
Now if you were trolling you would at least have a believable front, where this is unbelievable
>>
>in the middle of a packed mewtwo event just like the trailer
>mewtwo gets caught
>only one person gets it
>you look around to see disappointed and sad reactions everywhere
>you look down on your phone and see "You have caught Mewtwo!"
>before you jump and celebrate, you realize the entire crowd might turn on you if they found out that it was you
>someone behind you sees you got Mewtwo

What do?
>>
>>24857030
Use my mewtwo to beat the shit out of everybody, what else
>>
>>24857030
sell it, some turd would pay big for it
>>
>>24857030
>run like a little bitch to your car.
>>
>>24857030
Bend over.
>>
>>24857030
Offer it up for trades.
>>
>>24852308
>mountain claiming
>>
>>24853549
stop being so poor anon
sincerely, Murica
>>
>>24857030
scream "OH MY GOD THAT MUSLIM HAS A BOMB!" and disappear into the shadows during the following shitstorm.
>>
>>24845833
Gyms will be interesting. And it'll be fun to trade with my friends since we're all going different places for college.
>>
>>24853625
Do you realize how much of an impact this would have on America's obesity issue
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.