[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Pokemon Go! get so much hate and get ignored as much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Pokemon Go! get so much hate and get ignored as much as /vp/ treats it? It sounds awesome
>>
fucking normies
>>
>>24844149
is that it? because people like it and other interactive games?
autists
>>
FREE TO PLAY MOBILE
>>
>>24844145
>Free to play
>Phone game

>Sounds awesome
lol
>>
File: pokemon.5.jpg (669 KB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.5.jpg
669 KB, 1300x1000
>>24844145
Because we don't know anything about it, so there's nothing to do besides irrationally hate it or praise it.

I have my hopes for it, so we'll see I guess.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>24844170
The only reason I even thought about it is because I saw a bunch of places made articles about it in the past week, and there's rumor that it's going to be in Decembers Corocoro, which I don't know when that is soooo I come here to find out
But obviously whenever I ask anything about it, all I get is >>24844149
>>
It's a mobile game, I'm expecting the worst. Like having to pay for items with real money. I don't mind the travel aspects so much, but I have things to do and won't be able to go out of my way just to catch a Pokémon one town over. It would be cool I guess to go buy groceries and find a Pokémon. I just hope it's fast because I don't want to spend half an hour trying to catch something in an area I don't want to be in.
>>
>throw first free pokeball it gives you at pokemon I'm trying to catch
>pokemon breaks free
>It looks like you're out of pokeballs, would you like to buy one for $1? Buy 10 for $10 and receive one premier ball free!
>>
>>24844177
>and there's rumor that it's going to be in Decembers Corocoro
you mean the corocoro that's been and gone, there was nothing on GO. Seems more of a western targeted thing anyways.

10 bucks says it'll be a shit game but an average phone game.
>>
>>24844156
It worked fine for Fallout Shelter.
>>
>>24844608
>western targeted
But Ingress is popular as fuck in Japan.
>>
File: how-embarrassing.png (713 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
how-embarrassing.png
713 KB, 500x604
>>24844145
Even the normies don't trust it'll do well now.

Let's see:
>baits audiences with shiny techy apple-tier advertisements and music despite not showing any semblance of actual gameplay
>muh 151 mons (even showing johto mons would have been alright, but noo)
>absolutely zero notable coverage months after first reveal
>overall interest plummeted steeply in google searches
>company in charge hasn't actually done anything previously notable achievement-wise

It's not unreasonable to think Gamefreak's fallen for a legit scam at this point.
>>
>>24844858
Especially the freaking Enlightened. They ruined ADA's plan for a beautiful robotically augmented human future. Now she's sad and lonely and stuck in human-made devices...
>>
>>24844858
This. Iwata was a higher fucking level than the developers before he contracted them. Hell, so was his wife.

And this isn't some throw away mobile game with minimal effort, like picross and shuffle were. This is literally a new studio getting founded, with programs and funding from both Nintendo and Google, in an attempt to make a long running engine that can survive years of revisions, branching Nintendo into the mobile market and Google into the game market, with the experience of the people who made the biggest location based mobile game on the market.

Like, this is some major ass work going into this, guys. I'm not saying it's gonna be the best game ever. God no. But the people who are expecting massive money gouging from microtransactions, or lots of intrusive ads? Not very likely honestly.

I wouldn't be surprised to find things like avatar customization in the cash shop, or things that will automatically catch Pokemon you pass by, instead of needing to pull out your phone to catch it, but pay to win has never been the style of Ingress or Pokemon. Especially not when it comes to actual competative scenes in the game.
>>
>>24844903
>pay to win has never been the style of Ingress or Pokemon
yeah not until shuffle. Fuck shuffle.
>>
>>24844145
Because /vp/ hates any good ideas
>>
>>24844876
>nobody likes the game!
Citation fucking needed
>here are reasons I don't like it!
>the first trailer was a teaser trailer instead of a gameplay trailer
>They limited to showing only a single generation
>I've been to lazy to do any of my own research
>this game is following the exact same trend as every other video game reveal in history
>I am full of fucking shit
The company in charge is literally the love child of Nintendo and Google, and has a huge as fuck game with the exact mechanics showing they have the experience necessary to make the game.

4/10.
>>
>>24844145
Because its not a main series game.
>>
>>24845005
>implying /vp/ likes main series games
>>
>>24845005
but it is
mobile gets Pokémon Go
3DS gets Pokémon Stop
>>
>>24844897
Fuck, I need to start paying attention to the story. Everything was vague last I had looked.
>>
>>24844145

because it's a fucking shitty phone game. are americans really this gullible to advertising?
>>
>>24845083
yes
>>
>>24844145
Can't wait for it desu. I like the concept. Just hoping there aren't many micro transactions.
>>
>>24844903
>Iwata was a higher fucking level than the developers before he contracted them

That was Ishihara, not Iwata.
>>
File: ron-paul-its-happening.gif (687 KB, 404x189) Image search: [Google]
ron-paul-its-happening.gif
687 KB, 404x189
NEW NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE MOUTH OF NIANTIC CEO JOHN HANKE
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/16/how-niantic-will-marry-animated-characters-with-mobile-location-data-in-pokemon-go/

>Pokemon, obviously, you’d go out into the real world and find Pokemon and battle them against other players and trade them and go to GYMS. That’s how it’s going to work.

>There will be teams to join in Pokémon, MORE THAN TWO. Those teams will compete against one another

>Today millions of people are interacting with Ingress. Tens of millions of people will interact with Pokémon Go. You can have differentiated client experiences that interface into that same game world. If 100 people have Magic Leap devices, they can play in the game with 5 million people on smartphones. They’ll have a different experience, one that’s maybe better in ways, but you don’t have to wait until 5 million people have Magic Leap to let them have this fun, social, real world game experience

>magic leap
>MAGIC LEAP CONFIRMED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy4Oi6he6Ro

>mfw
>>
>>24845826
I don't get it.
>>
>>24845826
>there will be teams that compete against each other
Evertbody can give up and go home now. That is the absolute WORST part of Ingress. Trust me guys, if that made it in expect MAJOR disappointments.
Like the battling mechanic will be removed entirely in favor of glyph hacking.
>>
>>24844145
Because /vp/ would have to go outside to play it
>>
>>24845826
>The other was, imagine that a parent is playing with a kid and they want to give the kid a device to interact with rather than handing over the phone. I’m often handing my phone to my kid, because he’s bored or whatever. But the idea is you can give them the Pokémon Go Plus device. It vibrates and flashes when you’re near Pokémon. When they press a button in a certain sequence they capture it. Then, later on, you can look at it together on your phone or tablet.

>glyph hacking confirmed
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.