[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be your ideal Kanto remake? >add a pre-G/S/C Johto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (141 KB, 599x231) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 599x231
What would be your ideal Kanto remake?
>add a pre-G/S/C Johto for after beating the elite 4
>add a lot more Pokémon to the safari zone, and make it like the OR/AS safari zone
>possibly add the Unova champion competition as something you can go to post-game
>have a beginner and seasoned player mode
Pic unrelated
>>
>>24843741
What I want
>postgame
>more mon variety
>more postgame
>A mega for my favorite Pokemon

What I expect
>a complaint about Gen VI
>another complaint about Gen VI
>I haven't done enough of these
>No one will see through my subtlety
>>
>>24843788
>postgame
Agreed
>more 'mon variety
Agreed
>a mega for my favorite Pokémon
And what is your favorite 'mon?
Also, I doubt the remakes are happening in gen VI, unless that's what GF is spending their time on, perfecting the game to try and appease this place.
>>
>>24843811
I wasn't seriously posting, I was pretending to be the majority of future posts

With that said, Kanto's dex fucking sucks
>>
>>24843741
>What would be your ideal Kanto remake?
Non-existent
>>
>>24843741
Incorporate Mewtwo's Castle from Pokemon: The Movie as endgame content. After it runs away from the Unknown Dungeon encounter, it returns to its true lair with level 80+ wild encounters with starter pokemon clones, and other trainers trying to figure out where Mewtwo is hiding, also fighting you.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 258x149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 258x149
>>24843871
Holy shit this is actually a great idea
>>
>>24843741
>What would be your ideal Kanto remake?

its non existence. I already played Kanto a bunch of times. I don't need to play it again.
>>
Make TR less important main game, have some decent postgame TR shit to do, less focus on legendaries, awesome locations for the legendaries that are in, updated music with retro modes, new areas, very hard 80+ area, battle frontier, gym leader rematches, integrated double/triple/rotation battles in the story (no gyms or E4 please and no random spam, optional battles only), Gary is less of a faggot, make the Lavender tower genuinely horrifying, allow for the actual legit capture of Mew if you do something insanely fucking hard.

And thats just to make it acceptable.

Oh, and a better breeding center, the Sevii islands one was pure shit.
>>
>>24843741
>All events mons are catcheable
>Customization
>Just like ORAS you get the national dex early
>You can rematch the gym leaders a la HGSS
>>
File: mymy8w7MDp1qdj6r2o1_1280.png (87 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
mymy8w7MDp1qdj6r2o1_1280.png
87 KB, 600x390
First and most important:
>Bring back best girl and don't fuck with her design
>And settle the name debate one way or the other

>At least as non-linear as the originals
>No additional forced shit like the kimono girls in HG/SS
>Johto post-game, but with high-level battles
>Gym leader rematches
>Opposite gender protagonist becomes a pseudo-rival and gets the third starter, but only ever speaks in ellipsis

>Evolutions unlocked from the start
>Johto Pokemon in Johto
>Expanded Sevii Islands with Gen III/IV Pokemon
>Expanded Safari Zone with Gen V/VI Pokemon

>Second Mega Venusaur
>Mega Raichu
>Decent amount of new Megas overall
>>
>>24844506
>Opposite gender protagonist becomes a pseudo-rival and gets the third starter, but only ever speaks in ellipsis
So pretty much the rival relations in black and white, Gary/Blue = Cheren, and Red/Leaf(whoever you didn't pick) = Bianca?
>>
>>24844654
A better comparison would be D/P/P, which did the exact thing I said.
>>
>>24843871
>mewtwo goes back to its castle
>giant ass hurricane appears that you have to surf through
>alternate/hidden ending where you can also get mew in the castle
fund it
>>
A 10 to 20 year time skip from the events of G/S/C complete with a Johto post game.

Something about Lugia and it's birds warring with Ho-oh and it's Cats.
Mega Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Suicune/Entei/Raikou

Primal Lugia and Primal Ho-Oh
>>
>>24844687
We said Kanto not Johto. Good idea for if there's ever more Johto remakes though.
>>
>>24843741
I just want an expanded Mewtwo postgame subquest a la Delta Episode but not deviantart tier with a horribly written central character.

The Pokémon Mansion in the main game would be redesigned so that you only explore the ground and second floors in the main story, but in the Origins Episode you get to explore the basement lab, maybe the Southern Island from the Mew event in Emerald too before the final showdown in Cerulean Cave.
>>
>>24844725
but you'd be starting in Kanto and going to Johto

Johto would be the post game
>>
>>24843871
that would make the anime cannon, not that I oppose it
>>
>>24843741
Put Mew under the truck. That's all.
>>
>>24843741
A choice between the original dex of 150 or an updated one.
>Updated dex has Crobat, Espeon etc
>Houndour, Slugma etc are obtainable in their GS locations
>A few more mons from Hoenn and Sinnoh are available
>None of this "Oh! There are suddenly more Pokemon!" after beating the Elite 4 bullshit.
>>
File: 1429670882080.png (113 KB, 235x448) Image search: [Google]
1429670882080.png
113 KB, 235x448
Could we see Kanto in winter or something to shake it up a bit?
>>
>>24848683
This
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.