[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if due Super Mario Maker's success Nintendo will ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: johto15.png (96 KB, 1053x662) Image search: [Google]
johto15.png
96 KB, 1053x662
What if due Super Mario Maker's success Nintendo will ask GameFreak to release a level editing Pokemon game, and we get a game where you get tools to build your own region, and if you beat your own game or something, you get to share it among over people, like in Super Mario Maker.
>>
I'd lose my wallet even faster.
>>
>>24843540
>comparing the simplicity of SMM with a full Pokemon Game

That would be no different than making a hack. Would be too much for the normal population.

The only reason as to why it could be good is that it may make it easier for the hack developers, and even like that I doubt they are going to give full control over everything (stats, types and other overall changes).
>>
>>24843540
GF wouldn't. That would kill their beloved formula.
>>
>>24843569
maybe it will be very limited and focused on region building as in cities, houses, gym leaders, routes, patches of grass, caves, trainers, etc.
Not pokemon, pokemon stats or typing, move mechanics, etc
>>
>>24843540
Oh boy, I can't wait for a million one-town LOL CATCH MEWTWO regions.
>>
it already exists. It's called rpg maker. Doing something like Mario Maker wouldn't work for Pokemon because it's far, far, far more fucking complex than just one platforming level.
>>
>>24843602
Was just about to say this. Making full RPGs is a big leap making some platformer levels. Not only would there be less available content, there would be probably be an even higher amount of amateurish submissions than there is in Mario Marker
>>
Judging by the levels I've seen in Mario Maker, it'll either be full of amateur Kaizo bullshit or regions with free marts that sell Master Balls and Rare Candies with wild lvl 100 legendaries everywhere. "designers" would fuck up in ways you didn't even know was possible.

If anything, it would give you more respect for what Game Freak did back then.
>>
>>24843540

That is some serious wishful thinking right there.
>>
>>24843818
And how many likes you got wouldn't be based on the quality of your region. Instead, it would be based on how many cocksuckers you have subscribed to you on Youtube.
>>
>>24843818

I would agree that you'd see many regions like that, but only at first. I still regularly play Mario and more recently I've seen a drop in shit/"kaizo" levels and a rise in actual create levels with good design. I think all the players who were mass producing garbage have stopped playing by now, but you've still got dedicated players who have now had three months to practice level designing and mess around with what works and what doesn't. It almost seems natural that the quality would go up.

I think a Pokemon region maker would be relatively similar in that regard.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.