[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Pokemon Z's elite four was actually hard if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1439352557659.png (1 MB, 800x4145) Image search: [Google]
1439352557659.png
1 MB, 800x4145
What if Pokemon Z's elite four was actually hard if you came unprepared?

>Go to fight E4
>Expect same lv63 snoozefest
>Receive Lv74 Perfect IV/EV full teams with coverage moves
>AI difficulty cranked past Battle Tower/Maison levels of bullshit
>E4 members use max revives and have unlimited full restores
>Champ's pokemon have capped EV's in all stats, have maxed AMIE affection and can pull the same bullshit you can, including using Sacred Ash multiple times

Yes? No? Would this appease /vp/'s insatiable taste for challenge? You go through the entire game with exp share turned off to have the closest thing to a challenge, only to get royally fucked over by the E4? I would enjoy a proper challenge, like the E4 is supposed to be.
>>
>>24843449
As long as they don't use any potions (And you yourself can't either) I'm fine with it. But it should not be the standard, only like a hard mode you can trigger at the beginning of the game.
>>
Hard mode yes, infinite items gtfo. Restrict player and E4 items with hard mode and we have a ballgame.
>>
>>24843449
that's wouldn't even be fun lol
>>
>>24843488
>>24843497
>rectrict potion use or items

Fucking casuals.
>>
Get the fuck out with that items bullshit. I'm tired of wasting 3 PP because some faggot has Sturdy on his mon and he's using Full Restore every turn.

Their rematch fight could have them be level 75-80.

Then there can be some sort of PWT-like thing where you can fight them again and they've got different mons and shit.

Honestly the Super shit in the Battle Maison is genuinely challenging, everything else like a beefed Elite Four and gym leader rematches is just fanservice. Fanservice I want.
>>
>>24843510
For not wanting anyone to use items? Gr8 b8 m8.
>>
>>24843625
>"ABLOOBLOOBLOO I DONT WANT THE AI HEALING WHILE I CAN!"
>>
>>24843449
Sacred Ash can't be used in battle
>>
>>24843449
You know people would complain regardless
>>
>>24843645
Numbnuts, we both said restrict all items, thats player as well. I find the 'buy 50 revives' bs to be a joke, I'd love to get beat down by the E4 with no item spam.
>>
>>24843449
>Wikstrom's Probopass has sturdy
>Unless you bring a pokémon with Mold Breaker, use a status or a multi-hit move you're stuck battling it until you run out of PP
>>
>>24843645
Do you even read? Or just type in some bullshit that's on your mind?
>>
>>24843645
"anyone"
That includes the player himself
>>
>>24843449
Reborn/Rejuvenation did it right.

The gym leaders and e4 should have total advantage over you in Pokemon, level, and the conditions you fight in. I've been playing through Rejuvenation due to its recent popularity and while the story is shit, trouncing every single gym leader is satisfying as hell. So sure. Bring on the revives, the full restores, the superpowered pokemon, the movesets. I want to actually feel a sense of accomplishment, to feel that I triumphed over an opponent with far more skill and power than myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 258x149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 258x149
>>24843449
Please no
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.