[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We come up with Gen VII starter possibilities. I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
ITT: We come up with Gen VII starter possibilities. I'll be using F/W/G for the sake of realism but feel free to come up with other type combos so long as they have synergy that makes sense.

My region is based on the UK so you can visit Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Only mentioned this because the starters are based on the Tolkien mythology which is English.

>Grass
Grass/Fairy
HA: Technician

HP: 95
Att: 55
Def: 80
SpA: 110
SpD: 85
Spd: 105

Moveset: Moonlight, Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Magical Leaf, Air Cutter, Leech Seed

Based on a cross between an Elf archer and an Ent.

>Fire
Fire/Steel
HA: Reckless

HP: 85
Att: 100
Def: 100
SpA: 50
SpD: 80
Spd: 95

Moveset: Flare Blitz, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Crunch, Hone Claws, Bulk Up, Roar

Based on a warg with Fire elements and and a Dwarf; has plated armor.

>Water
Water/Dark
HA: Regenerator

HP: 100
Att: 50
Def: 90
SpA: 95
SpD: 105
Spd: 85

Moveset: Scald, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Rain Dance, Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Whirlpool

Based on the Watcher giant squid that attacks the Fellowship outside the Mines of Moria, and a pirate (the Corsairs of Umbar, if you will).
>>
I will hunt the fag that suggests a part-fighting type starter
>>
>>24843176

Water/Fighting wouldn't be bad at all, imo. Unless we get a Mega Samurott with that typing.
>>
>>24843164

Grass/Electric
Overgrow
HA:Motor Drive

HP: 85
Att: 60
Def: 75
SpA: 120
SpD: 90
Spd: 100

Notable Moves: Shockwave, Charge Beam, Magical Leaf, Thunder Wave, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, etc.

And it'll never happen because it doesn't fit the starter mold. A good Grass/Electric is probably taboo at GF. Description would be, very rigid, but fast, making the way it moves creepy. Light leaking out from the bark and plants on the surface. It doesn't havea face, but GF doesn't do that either, so I guess it has a cute face. :)

Fire/Fairy
Blaze
HA:Reckless

HP: 100
Att:110
Def:95
SpA:70
SpD:80
Spd:75

Notable Moves: Bulk Up, Work Up, Play Rough, Flare Blitz, etc. Magma Wall (Protect + 60% chance to Burn) Substitute. That kind of thing.

It's just lava. A nature spirit. Face is like the shy guy face. Morph type. It can harden easily for attack and defense.

Water/Ghost
Torrent
HA: Water Veil

HP: 90
Att:95
Def:80
SpA:95
SpD:80
Spd:90

Noted Moves: Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force, Night Shade, Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Encore, False Doll (Substitute that only takes one hit, but 85% chance to put attacker to sleep. Looks exactly like normal substitute.)

Zombie Dolphin. With an eye patch.
>>
>>24843620
To clarify, I kind of picture the grass/electric like a voodoo doll kind of shape.
>>
>>24843636
Also the fire spirit always has lava drooling out of it's mouth.
>>
>>24843164
Also none of these are possible. They'll just churn out the usual.

Get ready for Fire/Fighting to make a comeback.
>>
>>24843164
Assuming they will likely get signature abilities like they did in gen VI (or at least new ones)

>Grass
Grass/Steel
Rhino

HP: 128
Atk: 111
Def: 100
SpA: 65
SpD: 75
Spe: 56

Wood Hammer, Horn Leech, Earthquake, Iron Head, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Bulk Up, Rock Polish, Stone Edge, Close Combat (?), Head Smash, Megahorn

For the life of me couldn't think of an ability

Rock Head and Solid Rock were good I guess

>Fire
Fire/Ice
Zebra (the stripes are either magma or ice)

HP: 70
Atk: 107
Def: 60
SpA: 107
SpD: 71
Spe: 120

Overheat, Flare Blitz, Ice Beam, Frost Breath, Fire Blast, Energy Ball, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, U-Turn (?), Rock Slide, Earthquake

Ability: Nimble

Dodges entry hazards, 10% chance to dodge status moves

>Water
Water/Fairy
Dolphin

HP: 90
Atk: 71
Def: 80
SpA: 101
SpD: 103
Spe: 90

Scald, Hydro Pump, Moonblast, (I hate to do it but) Recover, Ice Beam, Taunt, Water Spout I guess, Calm Mind

Again can't think of a new ability. Regen and Natural Cure are pretty easy cop out abilities though
>>
Grass type sheep turns into a Grass/Rock ram with stone horns and stone hooves. Fast and physical. Has enough bulk to get by. Signature move is Stone Edge but with 100% accuracy and without the higher crit rate.

Fire type gargoyle becomes Fire/Flying. Bulky all-around stats similar to Empoleon. Learns Roost and tons of support moves. Signature move is a Flying type Circle Throw called Banish, since gargoyles are supposed to protect stuff.

Water type Fish with Legs. Becomes Water/Fighting type Shark with Legs and learns kicking moves, as well as Aura Sphere and Focus Blast. Fast and mixed with low defenses. Signature move is Fish Kick, which is 120 BP and 30% recoil.
>>
>>24843824
Regenerator doesn't make sense on a Dolphin since they aren't known for regrowing lost body parts. I'd give it Water Absorb.
>>
In GSC, each of the starters would eventually gain access to a move that helped counter their weakness.

Meganium got Earthquake to fight Typhlosion

Typhlosion got Thunder Punch to fight Feraligatr

Feraligatr got Ice Punch to fight Meganium

I wanna see something like this, only in terms of final evolutions. For example, Water/Steel, Fire/Fighting, Grass/Fairy. Though that combo is strikingly similar to Gen 4 sadly.
>>
I wouldn't mind a fire fairy starter.
Something kawaii as f.
I need this
>>
grass/fighting
fire/fighting
water/fighting
no idea for movesets yet but they should all get close combat, mach punch, bullet punch possibly guts, iron fist, no guard just top of my head
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.