[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of curiosity, what other games does /vp/ play? Did you buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
Out of curiosity, what other games does /vp/ play?

Did you buy your 3DS just for Pokemon games?

Seems like any time someone brings up literally any other game, someone loses their shit, so it got me curious.

>inb4 weeb shit
>>
Honestly, AC:NL or NBA are the games I'd play on my 3ds. I mostly play like Mario Kart Wii or Pokemom Battle Revolution on Dolphin at the moment though
>>
>>24840547
>Did you buy your 3DS just for Pokemon games?
Yes.

I later bought Smash but it's complete trash.
>>
>>24840547
I've been playing Hit It Until It Dies 4 Ultimate lately, because Pokemon seems kind of boring now. I'm kind of tired of replaying the same 2 stories over and over again. Definitely getting Z if it ever comes out.
>>
On my 3DS? I only use it occasioanlly, but the last game I beat was Laytvon v. Ace Attorney, during summer. I bought Smash but I rarely touched it and I haven't played Animal Crossing in over a year.

Otherwise, I mostly play gsgs like EU IV, CK2, and Vicky 2.
>>
>>24840547
Triforce hereos on the 3ds and Minecraft on the Ps3
>>
>>24840547
I only bought a 3DS for XY but I play Digimon world Dawn/Dusk/Championship on it as well and I picked up Animal Crossing: New Leaf in October. I was going to get Sm4sh too but I'm holding out until I get a Wii.
>>
>>24840547
not just for pokemon games, but i didnt buy my 3ds. my sister gave me a 3ds as a present
>>
Tomodachi life is really fun to play
>>
>>24840547
>phoenix wright
>the binding of isaac rebirth/afterbirth
>l4d2
>100% orange juice
>tf2 and lately replaying portal with my little sister

That's pretty much it. Add some VN's too. I haven't played that much lately, since I began to read more instead.

And I think the first game answers the question about the 3DS.
>>
3 of the 5 physical 3DS games I own are Pokemon games. Been meaning to get others, but... Things haven't played out that well.

Smash 4 is one of the other titles I have. Ended up with buyer's remorse.
Tales of the Abyss is the other. Probably going to load up on more JRPGs later on, like Bravely Default and the upcoming Dragon Quest ports.
>>
I play pretty much all the 3DS RPGs. I play Monster Hunter more than I play Pokemon at this point, although it's off and on. I got my 3DS for MH, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and the Zeldas. Phoenix Wright was also worth it.

It's a good console. Just wish it wasn't region locked and that hey would start making Ouendans again.
>>
>>24841233
Addendum since I missed the other question: I mostly play jrpgs. My main thing is the Tales of series. I do play other types of games as a mix-up, but I'm currently focusing on backlog... which is mostly just a pile of JRPGs.

I am also quite fond of Puzzle League.
>>
>>24840547
Kid Icarus Uprising, Tomadachi Life, and a few other games developed by Nintendo. I'm also a Level-5 fan, so I got Fantasy life, LBX, and Yo-kai Watch.
Looking forward to the upcoming Final Fantasy Explorers too, even if I never played any of the previous installments
>>
Smash Bros.
Cloud is fucking GOAT and supposed to be anti-meta I think.
He shits on Sheik, ZSS, Mario, and Pikachu but does really poorly against anyone who fights entirely long range.
>>
I don't use 3DS for much other than pokemon, but I got a couple of normal DS games on it since it's backward compatible. Mostly 2D Castelvanias on DS. I really liked Portrait of Ruin.

I still play Doom all the time. I got Doom 3 BFG edition on X-Box 360, and it came with Doom 1 and 2. I haven't needed a game other than that and pokemon in a long time. I have a couple other 360 games but I don't play them as much.

I haven't owned a Nintendo Console (not counting handhelds) since the Gamecube.
>>
That submarine game that was first given as a demo. I bought a premium because i enjoyed it. I felt betrayed when i found out that there is a "diamond" version you have to pay more for. And you dont even get to upgrade your subs without paying extra.

Ive been waiting for harvest moon but im not sure if there's one now
>>
>>24840547
I don't really game off my 3DS anymore. I mostly play Pokemon but I got the OoTand MM remakes, A Link Between Worlds, Waifu Emblem and Bravely Default

I'm excited for FE: Fates and Bravely Second next year in addition to pokemon stuff.
>>
>>24840602
same
>>
File: 1450373227158.jpg (750 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1450373227158.jpg
750 KB, 1520x2688
>tfw CFW
>>
>>24841514
>Ive been waiting for harvest moon but im not sure if there's one now

There's heaps bruv
>>
Pokémon, Bravely Default, EO and some Sonic games.
Waiting for Bravely Second while completing EOIIU.

This said, I was never about having a large collection of games, I don't like the concept of "backlog" or whatever is called. If I buy a game, is to play it, not to left it in the desk piling dust.
>>
>>24841550
i'll look it up then. thanks bruv
>>
>>24840547
Fire Emblem, MonHun, Bravely Default, SMT IV, Xenoblade.

Been really playing the hell out of MonHun and I just started a new game in OR.
>>
File: i ain't havin' that shit.gif (463 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
i ain't havin' that shit.gif
463 KB, 200x113
>>24840602
>Playing smash on the 3ds.
>>
>>24840547
It's my first Nintendo console since GameBoy Pocket, so besides Pokemon I'm playing lots of DS games I missed out (popular stuff like Ace Attourney, Picross, DQ, Hotel Dusk, etc).

3DS titles I dig are AC:NL, all the Zeldas and Persona Q.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 460x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 460x348
>>24840602
>>
>>24841547
>Rodea The Sky Soldier
It's been 3000 years.gif
>>
I play all the 3ds games except for Pokémon because they are all better. Pokémon is the only bad 3ds game.
>>
>>24840547
League of legends
Battlefront
Smash 4 because fuck melee or reject M at this point
Pokemon multilplayer occaisionally
Super mystery dungeon
>>
>what other games
AC:NL, Wooly World, Maplestory, both Sm4shes
>did you buy your 3DS just for Pokémon games?
Yes. But I ended up with more games that I still play.
>>
Disgaea 3 at the moment.

League most of the time.
Soul Hackers, DeSu: Overclocked, Sm4sh, Monhun4U, just got Stella Glow, FE:A and will be getting FE:Fates (Birthright).
ACNL but I havent played it in a long time due to running out of things to do
>running out of goals in Animal Crossing
Literally how I have no idea
>>
>>24841700
How is it?
I know that Naka is the developer but that's a mixed bag. After all he was responsible for the Adventure era and Shadow but eh.
>>
>>24842558
happy opposite day to you too
>>
>Out of curiosity, what other games does /vp/ play?
Mostly NetHack and other roguelikes. The Pokémon series and all the spinoffs are the only console games I play, aside from Rune Factory.

>Did you buy your 3DS just for Pokémon games?
Yep.
>>
>>24842742
man shut the hell up.
>>
File: it's been 3000 years.gif (957 KB, 500x180) Image search: [Google]
it's been 3000 years.gif
957 KB, 500x180
>>24840547
I got my 3DS because I was expecting Dragon Quest localizations.
Looking forward to next summer.

Currently playing SMT IV, just finished EOU: The Millennium Girl, planning on going back to MH4U next.
>>
File: millenom.png (19 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
millenom.png
19 KB, 800x500
>>24842801
>>
>>24840547
>Favorite Game
Monster Hunter 4U

>Recently completed
Shantae games, Kirby 3D and Liberation Maiden. Been trying finish the Ace Attorney series and am on Apollo Justice so far. Bought Dual Destinies when it was on sale a few months ago and haven't opened it since.

>Recently played
Pokemon X trying to MM a shiny Pawniard., Kingdom Hearts 3D
Pokemon Picross

>Backlog
Dual Destinies
Shovel Knight
Pushmo/Crashmo
Box Boy
Azure Striker Gunvolt
KI:U
DKCR:3D
HarmoKnight
EO4
Denpa Men this game is shit, do not purchase
some other games I probably can't remember

Want to buy Super Mystery Dungeon but can't justify it with this backlog. Might pick it up for my birthday next year but who knows
>>
>>24840547
I bought my 3DS just to play A Link Between Worlds, but then Pokemon attracted me a bit and bought it, needless to say I got totally hooked since I skipped gen 5. As for other games, I play the Etrian Odyssey games (except EO4 because it's shit), Kirby and sometimes Fire Emblem Awakening and Smash
>>
>>24842858
>Denpa Men
>do not purchase
isn't that free though?
>>
I bought my 3DS for EO games, unfortunately EO4 was kind of mediocre and casualized and EO5 is approaching never-ever status. Mostly I like adventure games and games with exploration, strategy, and puzzle elements. Lately I'm not playing much, I'm thinking about getting the new SteamWorld game though. Top anticipated: EO5, Zero Escape 3, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Danganronpa V3, Persona 5, remaining Shovel Knight campaign releases, the next Advance Wars whenever the fuck it gets announced.

I actually really dislike Gen6 for the most part (nothing wrong with the new Pokemon at all but the whole engine and atmosphere just feels kind of bleh and Facebook Game esque) but Gen5 got me really into Pokemon again so I'm still hanging around, I'm crossing my fingers that the next generation will be more fun.
>>
>>24842956
DO NOT
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.