[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So according to Bulbapedia, Movie 18 is out now in Japan for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 424px-M18_English_poster.png (569 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
424px-M18_English_poster.png
569 KB, 424x600
So according to Bulbapedia, Movie 18 is out now in Japan for home release. It has also been aired on Canadian and UK television. Hell, it has been released on DVD in Australia by accident. Yet why the fuck can't I find a version to watch online that doesn't look like it has been recorded on VHS five times.

Can anyone help a brother out?
>>
Cartoon Network is airing on saturday just watch than
>>
>>24839537
That takes on the assumption that I am American.
>>
>>24839516

The movie wasn't really well received. I guess you can try steaming the decent tv-rip on kissanime or something, but people aren't out in rush to release this in a better quality online seeing all the negative reaction it's gotten. Give it a few days to a couple weeks till somebody decides to go ahead and release a DVDrip from the Japan or Australian home release. That or if you prefer not to wait, give in and catch the airing on CN this Saturday if you have access to it.
>>
>>24839548
Wait till after Saturday when an American puts it online.
>>
>>24839516
>accidentally released in Australia
How do you exactly "accidentally" release a fucking movie on DVD?
>>
>>24839516
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xv7i7
>>
>>24839562
You haven't watched a (modern) Pokémon movie until you've watched it subbed due to how utter trash the dub is.
>>
>>24843068
I've seen the Jap version. It's barely any different. Weebs really overexaggerate how much better the sub is. It's the same shit with different music. If the movie is inherently flawed the sub isn't going to magically fix it.
>>
>>24843037
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xv7i7
Go to link, fake video with link to full version, click link, video that requires you to log in. Why the fuck do people do this. I bet it isn't even the real movie.
>>
>>24843272
>tfw I have the Australian dvd
>tfw not going to rip it because my internet a shit
>>
A kind anon from /vp/ uploaded it onto mediafire or dropbox or something a while ago, that's how I watched it.

I was expecting it to be really bad. Obviously it wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad really. I enjoyed it.

although I thought mega hoopa seems to be powerful
>>
>>24843081
>not wanting "odemashi" instead of "Alley Hoopa Ring"
>wanting to listen to Hoopa unbound's awful dub voice

The voice they used for confined Hoopa is actually pretty good though, unlike the one from the first trailer.
>>
>>24843296
I don't suppose you still have the file or the link in your history?
>>
I just want to hear what regigigas sounds like in the jap version.
>>
>>24843303
>not wanting "odemashi" instead of "Alley Hoopa Ring"
>Being this much of a weeb

I know this is 4 chan, but god DAMN
>>
>>24844781
It's not my inner weeb that prefers Odemashi, it's the fact that Alley Hoopa Ring is so cringeworthy it gets very irritating very quickly, and you hear it at least 10+ times over the course of the movie. Odemashi isn't cringe-inducing and is less corny-sounding in general.
>>
>>24843081
The sub has been drastically better than the dub since TPCi took over.
>>
>>24845402
No it's not. I watch both versions consistently. Nothing about the sub improves the quality by a whole lot. The only thing I give the sub credit for is better music during certain scenes like Diantha mega evolving Gardevoir, but otherwise it's largely the same. If anything I think I actually prefer the dub if only because I can multitask while doing it and don't have to read subs constantly. The Pokemon anime isn't something I want to dedicate a lot of time toward watching.
>>
>>24844834
>mfw I can picture these raging anti-weeb anons sitting there watching the dub with the audio blaring loudly out of their speakers, hugging a murrican flag and chanting "it's not weeb to watch animu when it's dubbed, it's not weeb to watch animu when it's dubbed" over and over
>>
>>24845428
Yes, it is, the dub's voice acting is plain awful now, TR, Ash, and Bonnie's dialogue is made worse, and the background music is just terrible in the XY dub. Not to mention TPCi's editing is just as bad as 4Kids was now, and that's saying something given 4Kids' dub was better than TPCi's in all other areas until now.
>>
>>24845440
Take this from an American, even I fucking hate our dub now, though I can stand the pre-TPCi dubs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.