[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be a Pokémon Gen as good as this >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (169 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png
169 KB, 300x301
>there will never be a Pokémon Gen as good as this
>the Pokémon will never look as good as this
>it will never be as simple and fun as this
>>
>>24839357

what is gen 5
>>
File: 250px-568Trubbish.png (42 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-568Trubbish.png
42 KB, 250x250
>>24839358
YEP GEN 5 IS QUALITY! NOTHING AS GOOD AS IT!!
>>
>>24839357
>Pokemon will also never be as buggy as this
>>
File: 250px-584Vanilluxe.png (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-584Vanilluxe.png
62 KB, 250x250
>>24839373
It's not that buggy though. The only glitches are hard to get.

>>24839372
Posting another quality Gen 5 Pokémon!
>>
>>24839379
I've already bit, but you're kidding right?

An entire typing is fucked up and so are dual types, this isn't the only thing bugged but it's the most common.
So yeah.. Battles. Hard to get.
>>
Why can't Gen 1 fans and Gen 5 fans just be friends ;_;
>>
File: image.png (600 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
600 KB, 500x500
>>24839357
Top kek. Bait harder. Or just get a brain.
>>
File: 2-Titlescreen.png (14 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
2-Titlescreen.png
14 KB, 240x160
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 500x400
>>24839421
>Chinese rom hacks
>>
>>24839392
There's nothing wrong with dual types. The SE message just displays erroneously in certain cases.
>>
Gen III did Gen I better than Gen I did.
>>
>>24839570
Gen IV did gen II better than gen II did and gen VI did gen III better than gen III did. Your point?
>inb4 the hoenn originals were better than the remakes
>>
FACT: If Gen 3-6 were the first of the Pokemon franchise, it would not be nearly as successful as it is today.
>>
>>24839580
That there has been a Pokemon Gen better than Gen I. That's my point. You know, staying on topic with the OP? Are you stupid or just trying to argue? I'll argue if that's what you want to do.
>>
>>24839357
>>24839358
>>24839364
>>24839372
Every fucking time.
Every goddamn time you guys have this exact same argument.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 534x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 534x627
>>24839632
>genwunner detected
I, as well as a lot of my friends started with gen III. All of us still like Pokémon. Quit using the "gen III and up sucks" meme. It's old and not funny anymore.
>>
>>24839357
A reminder of the fallacies that genwunners are guilty of:
>Being caught in an echo chamber (that is to say, refusing to accept anything that contradicts their own bias)
>>Ad hominem (calling anyone who disagrees with them underaged)
>>Hasty generalizations
>>"No true Scotsman" (that is to say, claiming that no one who truly grew up with the first few games would see any flaws in them)
>>Rose colored glasses (ignoring negative aspects about gen 1 and only seeing the positive ones, which shows in this thread alone)
>>Strawman
>Appealing to tradition (shouting "gen 1 started the franchise" which really doesn't mean anything as far as the best gen goes)
>Attempted bandwagon argument (emphasis on "attempted" because they fail to realize that they are a vocal minority)
>Begging the question (attempting to state their opinions as fact)
>Cherry picking (ignoring the gen 1 mons/aspects that fit their negative claims about the newer generations, as well as the newer mons/aspects that fit their positive claims about gen 1)
>Divine fallacy (because they want their rhetoric to be true, they so claim that it is true)
>Moving the goalposts
>Repetition fallacy (making the same points over and over again)
>Unnecessary buzzwords ("overdesigned", "digimon ripoffs", "uncreative", "too cartoony", some of which are hypocritical)
>>
>>24839649
How butthurt do you have to be to write a post like that
>>
>>24839632
>Ghost type being super effective against Psychic as it should be
>Bug, Dragon, and Ice types having viable moves
>every move working as it should be
>>
>>24839647
I'm not agreeing with anon, but I am.

I feel like if pokemon did start with gen 3, it wouldn't be as successful. Not because of the games, but because no one would have given two shits in the early 2000s. Instead of a pokemon game people would hype, it would be considered a weird japanese rpg with a probable cult following. Kids in the early 2000s did not give two shits about cutesy rpgs. The only reason gen 3 did so well was because kids were sucked in before it.

And before you ask, yes, I am insinuating kids only really bought gen 3 because they liked the other games in the series. Yes, I think they had brand loyalty and possible nostalgia concerning the game.
>>
>>24839647
this site is 18+, underage friend. Please return when you can form a mature opinion
>>
>>24839652
>>24839656
Again with the ad hominem.
>>
You all hate when people like gen one.

I mean you hate it so damn much.

What the fuck is up your asses.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>24839656
>"lol you can't start liking Pokémon if you're over 5 years old lol"
>>
>>24839660
>not knowing the difference between someone who simply likes a Gen. 1 and a genwunner
>>
>>24839660
Gen 1 is boring and lacking in every department. When you've played the newer games and you aren't a nostalgiafag you stop liking the older games because they're just boring when there's new stuff. I played gen 1 and loved it, and then I played gen 2, and then I lost that love of gen 1, and the cycle repeated itself, and I'm already getting bored of gen 6. I really liked all the remakes though because it was the originals with more saturated gameplay, better mechanics, and of course more 'mons to catch.
>>
>>24839660
It's not people who like gen one.
It's not people whose personal opinion is that they prefer gen one.
It's people who try to claim that gen one is factually best and that nobody can disprove them.
It's people who only want remakes of the same game over and over again, with no new characters.
>>
>>24839666
Those people don't post on /vp/

You are all so easily trolled.
>>
>>24839357
let me summarize for you
>op will never be a kid again
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 400x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 400x435
>>24839666
>want the same game made over and over again
Where's the fun in that desu? I mean sure I honestly want every game to be remade in the gen VI style, but fuck, just constantly remaking it? Ugh. At least all the remakes we have had a little bit of new stuff. Fucking genwunners just want a carbon copy of the original games, abeit graphical upgrades. Also noice trips, Satan.
>>
>>24839677
I've never seen a person on /vp/ asking for that.
>>
>>24839655
Obvious logic but this is a bait thread. I agree completely as i am a genwunner but i think gen 6 is the best because full animation and 3D makes the experience much more emersive than playing with an incandesant light bulp in a lamp behind your head because you get tired of playing on your stomach as backlights didn't exist. But it was the way pokemon took off in 1998-2000 that gave it it's firm roots around the planet. It would of been just another weird japanese game if released in 2003-2004 like gen 3.
>>
>>24839379
Vanilluxe is cute
>>
It's getting cold, isn't it?
>>
I'm not a genwunner but I really want another remake of Red and Green with the new 3D stuff, am I wrong for wanting that?

I just wish they would make Kanto bigger too.
>>
>>24839686
So cold.

So put on all your clothes.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 212x218
>>24839681
>yfw people actually think sprites are better than full 3d
I personally liked gen VI, but I'm not going to defend it gameplay wise. It was bad, but not the worst I've seen. It had so much going for it but when you really play it seems a little anti-climactic for the hype. It wasn't the best it could be, but it was far from the worst.
>>
>>24839689
No, there's nothing wrong with wanting a 3D kanto. Wanting it to be a carbon copy of the originals minus the upgraded graphics is bad. And I honestly would like to go to Johto in the re-remakes if they ever do them.
also leaf a cute
>>
>>24839689
No, there's nothing wrong with liking Kanto and the story of Gen I. But preferring the actual Gen I, with all its shit mechanics and broken as fuck gameplay, is retarded.
>>
File: lyra and crystal friendship.png (480 KB, 480x983) Image search: [Google]
lyra and crystal friendship.png
480 KB, 480x983
>>24839698

I swear if they redact her I will finally understand those old Crystal fags running around.
>>
>>24839364
>>24839379
Ah, yes, the only Pokemon gen V introduced.

100+ Pokemon that actually are based on animals? Nope, don't exist because muh trash bag and muh ice cream.
>>
>>24839691
I am. Getting so cold, I'm gonna put my clothes on.
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>24839705
Jesus I was so pissed when I booted up my copy of Soul Silver for the first time and was greeted by that smug little cunt instead of my beautiful blue haired tomboy. And if Leaf gets replaced Game Freak is gonna have an angry mob at their ass.
>>
File: leaf pikachu.jpg (67 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
leaf pikachu.jpg
67 KB, 474x600
>>24839715

Since I played HGSS first, I don't give a shit about Crystal.

But I played Fired Red as my first game, so I'll probably be little pissed.

Lyra is cute
>>
>>24839694
Yeah its also a technological limit on how much better it could of been. DS software wasn't operated very well on the first gen DSs and game freak couldn't really build the game around the hardware they wanted. What it ended up with was longer battle times as the game somewhat lagged a bit. And yeah IV was a little anti climatic. But i enjoyed all the gens. Some pokemon pissed of me off though. Like the ice cream cone and the garbage pile. They could almost be Yo-kais they look so stupid. Just my oppinion though.
>>
>>24839733
Yeah. I hated gen V for a lot of reasons. No real upgrade in mechanics, everything other than the characters and Pokémon were 3D, an overwhelming amount of shitmons introduced, and a couple other things I don't feel like rattling off. I like gen II, III, and IV all because they were repeatedly revolutionary, introducing a lot of good new stuff, and gen V kinda broke that streak, but gen VI started it again and hopefully gen VII keeps it going.
>>24839729
lyra a smug shit
>>
>>24839357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz2vHLqtNw

BTFO, guess Agumon will be on the next red remake box cover
>>
>>24840246

>death battle
>relevant
>>
>>24839358
Not as good.
>>
>>24839364
Gen 1 is the best gen, Gen 2 is the best game, but I like Trubbish.
>>
>>24839357
>pokemon will never again be untainted by manchildren and furshits
>>
>>24839649
Someone is in intro to philosophy in college...
>>
>>24839364
As awful as Trubbish is, it's still objectively superior to the waste of Dex space that is Grimer.
>>
>>24839766
>le Gen. 5 added nothing new meme
>unlimited TMs
>difficulty mode
>more refined online experience over Gen. 4
>le Gen. 5 just has shitmons
>>
>>24842389
Unlimited TMs, despite being the best thing the generation introduced, don't justify an entire generation on their own.

The difficulty mode was implemented in the most retarded possible way and might as well have not even been there.

No matter what changes Gen 5 made to online it's not worth the cost of the Dream World being a thing.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.