[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to fix ICE tipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
What if...
> Resistant to Ice, Grass, Bug, Ground, Flying.
> Ice pokemons under Hail will raise their Physical Defs by 50%

Is it good now?
>>
>Resistant to Grass

Ooh boy. I'm grabbing the popcorn
>>
Ok on all of these. Now convince Masuda
>>
>>24836349
WOAH what an original thread, i would have never thought of that before!
>>
File: 1424925542945s.jpg (3 KB, 125x88) Image search: [Google]
1424925542945s.jpg
3 KB, 125x88
> Resistant to Grass, Bug
>>
ITT: let's make Ice type pokemon the most broken type in the game
>>
>>24836349
>keep resistances and weaknesses as is
>new Ice type pokemon with Technician
>Ice type moves have an additional 10% chance of freezing the opponent when used by Ice type pokemons
>Hail eliminates all of Ice type's weaknesses

Is it fixed now?
>>
Why Bug? I don't get it.
>>
>>24836349

hail should increase the power of ice type moves and remove ice type resistance instead of doing damage
>>
>>24836349
Resist Ice Ground Grass Flying and Water.

And Grass is no longer resisted by Steel.
>>
>>24836484
Water is hotter that ice. Is is just water with could temperature. So I don't see the logic about it
>>
There just needs to be better Ice pokemon. Ghost was a terrible type up until gen IV, physical typing on pokemon who were physically weak, yet Gengar has been OU since its inception. Dragon is a very weak type right now due to numerous weaknesses and only super effectiveness on itself, yet they have amazing usage and potential. Typing doesn't mean much when the pokemon themselves are very good.

Think about it, most ice types have terrible movepools. Most water types can learn ice beam to counter their grass weakness, yet only a handful of ice types can learn surf to counter their fire weakness. Ice types are also have awful stats, usually very slow with middling offenses and defenses.

If they just made more ice pokemon with great stats and movepools like Weavile, typing wouldn't be much of an issue
>>
>Resistant to Dragon, Ground, Flying and Water
>Hail now slows the speed of all non-ice types by 50%
>>
>>24836465
Sandstorm should increase the power of ground type moves and remove ground type resistance instead of doing damage
>>
I know Sand raises Rock types' SpDef by 50%, but can people stop suggesting a Def boost for Hail? Ice types cannot function defensively, if you're going to boost Hail it needs to be an offensive boost, like lowering the Speed of non-Ice types or something.
>>
>Water and Ice now resist each other

Seriously they're the same fucking element, would hardly fix the type but at least it's a start.
>>
>>24836870
And to add to this, ice is a very good offensive type yet most of the actual pokemon are slow and defensive. Why? If they made more ice pokemon that had speeds exceeding 100 base, offenses exceeding 100 base, and decent abilities, they would be very viable
>>
>>24836349
Redo the entire fucking type chart based on the builds of pokemon in that type.

Ice should be a defensive type.
Electric if anything should be the ridiculously bad defensive type with great offensive capabilities given how fast they all are and volt switch.
Grass should be better defensively given its support niche.
Bug should be better offensively.
Fire shouldn't be nearly as good as it is defensively. SIX resits. SIX.
Ground shouldn't be so good offensively. Nor rock. They should both be defensive.

All in all shits fucked.
>>
So what should also be immune to Hail damage? Rock Steel and Ground are immune to Sandstorm, what should be immune to Hail beyond Ice?
>>
>>24837840

Fire comes to mind. Throw an ice cube into fire and it melts.

Water too since is just liquid ice.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.