[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>100 base speed is considered low now by gen 8, 115 speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: based charizard.jpg (47 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
based charizard.jpg
47 KB, 500x334
>100 base speed is considered low now
by gen 8, 115 speed will be considered slow too
>>
But 100 speed was low even in Gen 4
125 speed is the average now
>>
>>24835245
>125 speed is the average now
What the fuck have you been smoking?
>>
>deoxys will be able to stay in OU next gen
>>
>>24835205
By gen 8, getting 2HKOed by NVE moves means you're a wall.
>>
>>24835205
Nah, Gamefreak is filling in the gaps while they can for now.

Furfrou with 102
Delphox & Meowstic with 104
Pyroar with 106
Heliolisk with 109
Hawlucha with 118

Only really the Megas have been pushing the Speed up observably, and you can only run one of them anyway.
>>
>>24835356
More importantly megas can't have scarves.
>>
>>24835245
100 speed wasn't low in gen 4. 95 was your cutoff point for maybe not investing EVs in a sweeper build. Garchomp was 102 and that put it just a little bit faster than a number of fast sweepers.
>>
>>24835245
>125 speed is the average now
>only 25 pokemon, including megas, have 125+ base speed

Either you're full of shit or speed is over-centralizing the meta.
>>
>>24835245
the average is between 105-110
>>
>>24835205
>>24835382
100 Speed was never low. It's not fast, not low, just average.
>>
>>24835205

There won't be anymore gens
>>
Speed has always been more important but it really might be "overcentralizing the meta." Back in Gen 4 everyone was running Adamant/Modest natures. Now that's rare. It's all Timid/Jolly.
>>
>>24836046
Yeah, it's even apparent within the meta nowadays. I remember the recommended Speed for Torn-T was with 216 EVs (outsped Base 115 and Scarftar), but now everyone runs 252 to win speed ties since it's so common. Then Weavile started showing up to outspeed them. And then Mega Alakazam became common to outspeed all of them.
>>
>>24835988
sad truth
>>
>>24835205
This whole thread is FUCKING SHIT
Lemmie give you the run down fags.
135+/80+ scarfers: Fastest things you need to worry about on turn 1
Between 116-130: Very fast but still checkable, lot of weird numbers between here but really all the same. Being better than the 111-115 range is nice but is still manly good for being over 110.
111-115: Being above 110 is fantastic as a whole ton of threats are at this range, plus you beat base 100
110: HERE is the above average point, there is a lot of ties, and here is a good point to put a scarf wouldnt go much higher.
101-109: just slightly above average, its great to beat 100 yet failing to compete with 110+ makes the switch ins easier. Scarf is great, and sweaping starts here
100: AVERAGE. This is the speed you NEED to beat if you are planning to sweep without priority. Being fully invested here is bittersweat but still an option. Fast mons are above this.
70-99: Situational speeds that can still work and be fully invested in, but priority and boosting moves like dragon dance are going to be heavily needed to sweep
So thats that, and this is all turn one shit, i aint talking about swift swim or agility sweepers because thats situational.
>>
>>24835245
I don't think you know what 'average' means
>>
It really depends on your playstyle.

Keeping up with the speed game really limits your choices for mons if you absolutely want to stay in that 115+ speed range, and most of them are just glass cannon sweepers that fold like paper if they can't OHKO the target.

I just decided to abandon the speed game altogether and opt for bulky offense play, and have priority balance it out for me.

It's always nice to have that mamoswine ice shard and scizor bullet punch to deal with Scarfers and other stupid fast mons like Noivern and M-Manectric.
>>
>>24836046
I can tell you were terrible in gen 4. Maybe some scarfers would run adamant/modest but even that didn't last very long in the meta
>>
>>24837388
no he's right but for the wrong reasons. Everyone is was running Calm/Careful or Bold/Impish.

>offence
>after garchomp and salamence left
>>
>>24837236
This, to be honest familia
>>
90 Base speed is starting to be considered as good trick room speed in VGC with the 2016 rules.

Thanks TPCi's stupid decision to include major non-event legendaries like Mega Fug.
>>
>>24837184
This is the only motherfucker in this thread who knows what theyre talking about.

The rest of you are all faggots. /vp/ is full of shitters.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.