[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this pokefags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12
Explain this pokefags
>>
>>24834799
it expended all its power creating the universe
>>
File: strongest god in videogames.jpg (64 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
strongest god in videogames.jpg
64 KB, 400x500
Explain this?
>>
Legendary Pokémon in mystery dungeon games never have the power they claim to have in the main games. Arceus isn't the god of all things, Dialga can't control time without a tower being structurally sound, etc. They're just Pokémon with some neat powers, that's all.
>>
he was just pretending
>>
>>24834799
They wanted to get the digimon audience to buy their game
>>
File: Arceus_create_HGSS.png (31 KB, 256x193) Image search: [Google]
Arceus_create_HGSS.png
31 KB, 256x193
>>24834799
Arceus shaped the universe in its infancy, yet as we know him today, he is neither all-powerful nor all-knowing. As a legendary, he's fairly standard.

There is a theory that persists that the singular Arceus we know is merely one aspect (One of its "Thousand arms") of some inter-dimensional collective of Arceuses linked across time and space via the Unown.
>>
>>24834799
Thats what happens when you shit away all your power right off the bat to make a bunch of stuff
>>
Arceus knew they were going to save it so he didn't do much.
>>
Arceus is for sexual
>>
>>24834828
I always felt everyone took the "Thousand Arms" thing too literal. If you look at the graphic for Judgement, you'll see that it is is many beams of light grouped together. I always just thought the "thousand arms" thing was referring to Judgement. Kind of like how the Bible could be referring to aliens when it mentions something holy like Angels or shit
>>
>>24834799
He didn't really give a shit because he already knew the mary sue that was you and your partner already had everything under control. Also in PMD legendaries aren't that strong. You really think Dialga cannot function unless a structure is in good shape?
>>
>>24834799
he's not really a literal god thing, and gamefreak tends to keep powerlevels mostly in check and the power creep is slow compared to other franchises. everything is kept almost on equal levels potentially and its just some things used the powers they have to pull off neat stuff, all there is to it

it 'humanizes' arceus for this to happen to them and thats fine, they're not seperate from everyone else and they're more alike than they are different.
>>
>>24834828
Of course, the true Arceus isn't even a physical being.
In order to exist on our high density physical plane it would have to dramatically reduce its vibratory rate or splinter itself so that the energy in each manifestation doesn't rip space/time apart.
It's a being transcendent of space/time, exploring the limitations of 3D space/time through the many aspects of itself.
>>
>>24835335
And it's more than that, every single incarnate being is an expression of Arceus-conscious. Created through and of Arceus.

/end explaining pokemon shitpost
>>
He was smoknig weed.
>>
>>24834828
Arceus splitting itself into many beings would be pretty sound given Zygarde does something similar with its cells
>>
>>24834828
I always imagined Arceus using Unown as its thousand arms.
>>
File: 1449961504466.gif (2 MB, 245x219) Image search: [Google]
1449961504466.gif
2 MB, 245x219
>>24834799
>demiurge
>god
>>
what if some of the legendarys are just aspects of him?
>>
>>24836220
what if the Unown are apart of him?
>>
File: Chilan.png (985 KB, 1003x528) Image search: [Google]
Chilan.png
985 KB, 1003x528
I think it would have been more impactive on the player if they also showed Celebi, Jirachi, Ampharos, and Espurr getting turned into stone. We know that even Raikou, Entei, and Suicune get tired at fighting shadows, but seeing Mega Mewtwo Y, Arceus, Deoxys, and Mega Rayquaza getting swamped by them would be something else.

It would have been fucking hilarious if it showed Cofagrigus, Kecleon, Hawlucha, and Klefki getting turned into stone at the guild. I don't even think you can use any of that stuff without Pelliper Island once you reach the roots of the tree.

btw how does multitype work in super mystery dungeon
>>
>>24836470
I miss the dreamworld :(
>>
>>24836490
fuck, me too
>>
File: Passho.png (988 KB, 1003x528) Image search: [Google]
Passho.png
988 KB, 1003x528
>>24836490
You aren't the only one who misses it. I had every doll there was to buy, and all that stuff lasted for a very short time, less than 4 years...
>>
That's like asking Christianfags to explain sin.
>>
>>24834806
so much for being omnipotent.
>>
>>24834799
>>24834828
In ORAS they pretty much confirm that there's a multiverse going on in Pokemon. So the whole "Thousand arms" things could mean that Arceus split himself into 1000 copies and each copy, or arm, resides in one universe. That's why he's so "weak", since he only has 1/1000 of his power.
>>
What is Arceus doing on the top of Tartarus? Is he Nyx?
>>
File: tumblr_n7tawhnDmG1tsj4o9o1_540.png (297 KB, 540x648) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7tawhnDmG1tsj4o9o1_540.png
297 KB, 540x648
>>24836220
>>24836463
The unown seem to be very related to it at least.

>>24839776
Isn't that just a cop-out to explain why the new things are in the remakes once gamefreak realized that would cause an inconsistency

I'm taking that with a grain of salt until a 'main' line game also brings it up.
>>
File: 1450303495983.png (79 KB, 268x204) Image search: [Google]
1450303495983.png
79 KB, 268x204
>>24836675
>>
>>24839776
Im also guessing that Arceus is just an Avatar, and Avatars have limited powers depending on the need. Arceus cant create on the fly, its more just a weapon to be used for striking down anything that is going to cause harm to the universe itself, hence Judgment. Though it does still have the ability to create its underlings, only in a certain place with the help of thousands of Unown - Which increase in power the more of them are around each other. With so many, the powers of the Unown themselves would be at a cosmic level
>>
>>24841507
Also arceus probably creates more avatars so that people can actually go ahead and catch them. So that limits the power even more.
>>
>>24841507
The Arceus that we see and interact with is probably one of countless clones of itself, which is why it needs such a ritual to do stuff. Whatever power Arceus has is spread extremely thin. Also its never said that Arceus can do that stuff without the unown being there, but the unown are probably made by Arceus too or they're a part of Arceus
>>
worship the booty god
>>
>>24841610
I have a feeling that the Unown are definitely some kind of essence of Arceus, and that their power must exponentially grow as more are present. Hence why the group of Unown we saw in the HGSS event was able to create a baby time/space legendary.

I'd almost imagine that with however many Unown there are, they definitely had a hand in creating the universe with Arceus. I'd also think that going off of what I said about their power amplifying, and factoring in their abilities to distort space itself, it would certainly explain why they inhabit their own dimension. Too many in one place and they were bound to rip through space and create their own plane of existence.
>>
>>24841663
He hardly has any ass pics because nobody wants to bother drawing him because design too complex fuck it make more eeveelution pics
>>
>>24841695
The unown probably compose Arceus' form itself.
>>
>>24841701
Arceus has some good pics at least.
>>
>>24834799
What is there to explain? Arceus is a pussybitch. There, it's explained. The lore for all gen 3 and gen 4 legends is fucking stupid.
>>
>>24842053
the lore in geenral is pretty stupid and fucked since gamefreak puts gameplay first most of the time
>>
Where is arceus' mouth?
>>
File: fedora_guardian.jpg (111 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
fedora_guardian.jpg
111 KB, 850x601
>>24839776
>That's why he's so "weak", since he only has 1/1000 of his power.
1/1000 of infinity is still infinity.
If Arceus were LITERALLY OMNIPOTENT, it would be able to create perfect copies of itself at no cost, and it wouldn't need to.
>>
>>24842119
>you will never feel arceus' godly mouth
>>
>>24842286

>arceus will never lick your hand
>>
I don't give a shit whether he is god or not I just like the design and think the head makes for a nice motorcycle helmet. He could be the fucking replacement sunkern that doesn't change how awesome I find his design to be.
>>
File: 1444066608433.jpg (1 MB, 3445x2756) Image search: [Google]
1444066608433.jpg
1 MB, 3445x2756
>>24842119
>>
File: 27.png (2 MB, 1018x774) Image search: [Google]
27.png
2 MB, 1018x774
Here's my take on it.

The creation myth legends project a portion of their power into each Pokemon series universe while they chill and do their own shit in the Pokemon multiverse. These projections wouldn't be nearly as powerful as the real versions but would be able to do everything we see in the games (Arceus creating the creation trio) and every minor thing we hear in Pokemon mythology (the creation of the other legendaries such as Groudon and Kyogre, etc). That's why you can catch Palkia in the games and not have it erase the planet. It's a shittier version of itself that has very little power compared to its original self.
>>
>>24837254
That has never been claimed in the games. Just that it created everything.
>>
I don't think gamefreak felt like creating an invincible pokemon that oneshots everything, which seems to be all you guys would accept for it being a 'true god' thing so we may as well drop this bullshit

Also Arceus wouldn't be the first god to get its ass kicked in vidya, this happens in a shitload of video games. What DOES make it sound better is by virtue of you being able to use it and command it, or offer it suggestions or however you want to skew it, it's one of VERY FEW video game 'gods' that can actually win, whereas in those other video games said gods are destined to always lose to the player because they're what you go up against.

Lets just live and let live and accept that Arceus is a strong and versatile pokemon that can weasel its way into many ubers teams, 'k? Who cares about all this out of game shit?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.