[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is rock so horrible defensively? You'd think such a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
Why is rock so horrible defensively? You'd think such a hard mineral would be among the strongest types in the game, and this notion is further reinforced by all the defensively orientated rock types in the game: Onix, Omastar, Aggron, Probopass, Bastiodon, Carracosta, Crustle and the list goes on.

Why the fuck is it weak to water? Doesn't it take millions of years for water to affect rock in any way? It's not even like it weakens them either, or certainly no more than something corrosive like Poison, which it resists.

What about Grass? Is it weak to Grass because moss grows on rocks? What kind of fucktarded reason is that? If anything, it should be the other way around. A heavy rock would fucking destroy any plant.
>>
Fumb drogleposter
>>
>a heavy rock would destroy any plant

Why have types at all then if it's based on power alone.
>>
Rock should at least resist itself. Think about it, Rock types would take less damage from sneaking pebbles and Rock is a pretty common offensive type so they'd be a bit more useful defensively. It'd definitely be a buff.
>>
>>24833547
>why isn't my favorite type the best type
when are we going to fucking get over this shit
>>
>>24833547
Rock has a lot of issues that it needs to sort out. It's built as an offensive type, but ended up getting stuck on to a lot of very slow pokemon with lopsided defenses.

Not saying that defensive Rock types don't work, there's some that do a good job, but more Aerodactyls and Terrakions need to exist.
>>
>>24834135
Why is Fighting super effective against Steel?
>>
>>24834243
Because something had to be
>>
>>24834256
So why the fuck not water? Water is far more corrosive to Steel than it is to Rock.

If you're going to go with the power argument, then you need to come up with a plausible excuse for Fighting type, otherwise Gamefreak are retarded.
>>
>>24833547
>doesn't it take millions of years for water to affect rocks in any way
Did you sleep through 4th grade science class?
>what about grass
Plants commonly break up large rocks with their roots and grow right through them.
>a heavy rock would fucking destroy any plant
I take back everything I said, you're apparently 7 so you haven't taken 4th grade science yet. The point is that just because you can't break a rock doesn't mean that nature can't
>>
>>24834261
I'm not going for the power argument, I'm saying that given that steel (until recently) resisted almost everything, they needed to give it more than two weaknesses. And I think they wanted to buff fighting types, so they made it so it was super-effective against both of the new types in gen 2, which in-turn made it an offensive powerhouse. And they probably chose fighting over water, because water was already a strong typing with only 2 weaknesses and generally good pokes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.