[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the kids of today would beat the Battle Pyramid ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: Battle_Pyramid.png (142 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Pyramid.png
142 KB, 300x395
Do you think the kids of today would beat the Battle Pyramid ?
>>
>>24831621
No.
>>
>>24831621
Kids of today only care about optimal EV/IVs and competitive level play, so yes, they'd cakewalk the entire thing with their lvl101 Togekiss
>>
Even if they cared I have a feeling they can't. I remember the Pyramid and it was like playing the most brutal parts of Mystery Dungeon. No map, no reviver seeds, very small view radius, have fun!
>>
>>24831621
Some of them.
>>
>>24831621
I've met people who claim that ORAS is too hard and they have trouble beating it. So, no.
>>
File: all is lost.jpg (68 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
all is lost.jpg
68 KB, 550x550
>>24831730
Please. Tell me you are kidding.
>>
>>24831739
not him, but yes, I've seen this. my roommate was like this, for ORAS and XY both.

used exp share. don't think he ever realized what supertraining and amie were.

his team was a mix of karenfagging and the typical "lvl 80 charizard with 3 fire attacks and a team of unused, atrophied wimps" strategy you see used by 8 year olds.
>>
>>24831621
No, it was kind of hard.
I'm not even sure for the Battle Dome, and it was the easiest facility. (and I loved it)
>>
>>24831825
>Battle Dome
Which one, Emerald or Platinum?
>>
File: 1449316023421.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449316023421.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Do you mean if kids of today went back to play Emerald's pyramid? Or if we got a new frontier in ORAS?

If the latter, I feel like a lot of the new mechanics, combined with the difficulty of the original, would render the frontier as a whole a lot easier than it was before. Suddenly you have the special split, megas, higher base power moves, and new items like life orb to play around with. Brandon's team of regis isn't doing shit to Mega Lucario or Banded Terrakion's close combat.

And if the former, honestly? How many of you guys beat the facilities and got the symbols as kids? I'm willing to bet not many. Most of us probably got at most some of the silvers. And I think a lot of that can be attributed to ignorance. We didn't understand how egg moves worked, or natures, EVs and IVs. We played through the frontier using our in game team and sub optimal movesets. The few of us who did know likely were still prohibited from achieving victory because of how tedious and long gen III breeding was.

Which is probably why we're all so disappointed by its absence. The Frontier kicked all our asses as kids because we were dumb little babies, and now we know almost everything about the games hidden mechanics and hexaperfect pokemon are incredibly easy to attain ready to kick the Frontier's ass, and there's no frontier.
>>
Yes, just like some were able to beat it before retard
>>
>>24831763
>not being able to beat the gen VI games
Not that they're necessarily easy, but the gen III games were the first ones I played and I beat sapphire with ease on my first playthrough.
>>
>>24832321
Forgot to mention that the gen III games are definitely harder
>>
>>24831621
it would easy as hell in ORAS
>just spam overpowered shit
>climb to the top
>OHKO the entire Brain's Regi team with fighting attacks
>>
nope. masuda's opinion is fact and it would be "too hard".

but bullshit aside, it's legit difficult. it requires a lot of subtle decision making and for once you actually have to manage your resources carefully.

none of that "OH YOU WANNA FIGHT? LEMME JUST HEAL YOU SO IT CAN BE EVEN" bullshit. you wanna climb? get paralyzed, faggot.

i've personally always thought it would be cool if you could partner up and play this in multiplayer. it would take 10 floors but you have twice the coverage.

maybe there'd be a special interaction if you black out, your friend can help revive you, etc.
>>
>>24832260
>>24832344
You can overrun the facilities too, you need optimal movesets but not optimal Pokémon, having properly Bred Pokémon back then was a huge pain in the neck.

>Flygon, Jolteon/Electrode, Heracross
And you have the pyramid covered.
Heracross demolishes the Regies and almost every annoying shit reliant on status, that's is: Most of the things in the Pyramid.
CB Flygon tear the three birds with just Rock Slide, and when you are able to fight the birds, you should get that many points.

It was hard since I was younger, but it was possible beating the shit out of the facilities back then.

Point is: Game Freak is still too afraid to go out of their way and make complete optimal movesets for the IA, it wasn't updated the IA to abuse all those conditions that can do and it only put a somewhat mediocre input reader to make the battles a little more annoying.

But the IA is the lacking, we, as the players, have a lot more tools and we use them because they allow us to win, the IA don't, even in the Maison.

Most of the losses in the Maison are for
>A critical move misses
>A critical hit that knocked out a mon that otherwise would survive
>Mistakes
>>
>>24832321
I dunno, I had quite a bit of trouble doing the machbike cracked floor segments at 9 yrs old.

Also, choice of team affects ease considerably. The only reason I beat Liza and Tate was I happened to have a sableye with me that I forgot to put back in the box, and it was immune to all the lunatone's moves, so once I finally got the solrock out of the way, it could eventually whittle it down, one fury swipes at a time.

And Wallace was a major pain for a team that main'd pelipper and blaziken. So glad that bird learns shockwave.

Playing back through once really understanding strategy of the game/my savefile got erased cause I tried to trade a buddy the other starters while forgetting it autosaves when you trade though, yeah it got a decent bit easier. More type-balanced team, more level-balanced team, better movesets.

Difficulty you experience really comes down to knowing what you're doing when teambuilding.

Except those machbike challenges. That was just reflexes. And something I'm really sad that kids today didn't have to/get to go through.
Well, and solving the regi puzzles, since now they can (will) just look it up on gamefaqs.

>>24832345
which is why it comes at the end, as a post-game challenge.
Its like apex monsters in MonHun. Or Pantera Cantus in TWEWY. Or Castlevania boss rush.
>>
>>24832365

>bring a sub-booster to maison
>battle 30ish, roar sturdy donphan
>uses roar on every single sub/switch for like 6 turns
>uses rock slide and gets crit on the turn i went to break sturdy

and that's when i stopped caring about the maison and cart in general
>>
File: Battle_Palace_E.png (10 KB, 337x242) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Palace_E.png
10 KB, 337x242
the pyramid ain't shit, this is some real mad bullshit.
>>
>>24831825
Battle Dome was the easiest?
I recall Pike and Factory being easier. Factory probably only because as a kid, I doubt most people had good, competitive Pokemon, while Factory provides those.
>>
>>24831763
kinda reminds me of one of my good friends, he couldnt beat any elite 4 for the life of him, he used AR codes to beat platinum because he sucked too much, and for ORAS he used the exp share, latios, suicune (transferred), starter, kyogre, and i forgot the last

he then complained about the game being too easy
>>
>>24831642
>kids
no actually, that's more teen and a small few stick with it to adulthood.
Kids today give the same lack of fucks as the kids back then did when it comes to EVs and IVs
>>
>>24833578
Dome is the most straightforward.

Pike and Factory *can* be easy, but if you get bad luck, there's nothing you can do. The Pike is obvious, but with the Factory, you literally get crap Pokemon until you've beaten it a couple of times. I mean, the sole benefit is that you can steal the best Pokemon from the people you beat, but there's still a small chance of choosing incorrectly.
>>
>>24831621
A modern version of the Pyramid would have all trainers replaced by nurses that heal you, contain signs pointing to the exit and have all wild pokemon replaced with magikarp that only know splash.
just because we don't want any precious feelings hurt that people can't beat it

so yeah, they would be able to
>>
>>24833541
i really wanted them to implement something with Amie and the Battle Palace, since if you start playing with Amie you can even comunicate with your pokemon in a battle using the touchscreen
>>
if it were in Gen VI, it'd be much easier, if only because it'd be easier to plan for what the Pyramid will throw at you.

>I see your Pokémon getting paralyzed.

Electric types. M-Sceptile would tear the place a new asshole, as it's basically immune to paralysis, being immune to Electric attacks and Stun Spore.
>>
>>24835116
>oh nice status spam pyramid, le mega sableye faec
>>
>>24831621
The kids of back then didn't either, so no.
>>
>>24835121

That too, but Sableye isn't immune to secondary effects. Sceptile is outright immune to Electric attacks that could paralyze it, and it's even immune to Stun Spore.

Sableye is still a good candidate, don't get me wrong. But you're better off with something that can take advantedge of what the pyramid throws at you, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>24834113
you fell straight for the bait my friend.
>>
>>24832260
>How many of you guys beat the facilities and got the symbols as kids?
I got Gold on the Factory, but that was the only one I ever played because it was the best.
>>
>>24832672
Stop doing Singles in Maison.

With the correct team, Triples is the easiest. I got both Maison berries on X. Also cleared out Doubles for fun.
>>
>>24832260
I feel like it's the opposite. I was great at the frontier as a child, but I can't even do 50 in Super Singles at the Maison. Last I recall, the frontier actually used randomized pokemon, wheras the Maison uses pokemon purely to counter yours, down to the moves. I lead with a CC/Megahorn/Stone Edge Heracross and 1/3 of the teams lead with a croagunk or a nidoking. A frontier with these mechanics would be a nightmare
>>
>>24835198
My Singles streak ended at _99 I was beyond mad. Couldn't get past 50 after that so I just gave up.

If you want revenge, as >>24835186 said, Doubles and Triples are actually really easy. Cleared both on the first try.

Doubles Team I used: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-87#post-5702199

Triples Team I used (with minor differences): http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-27#post-5026762
>>
>>24832672
>Losing to a fucking Donphan
Proof that your team is 100% shit
>>
>>24831621
>tfw even I had a challenge with the battle pyramid

So long as you can keep a Fighting type alive Brandon is pretty easy but getting to him is a challenge with all the poisoning and stuff going on in the actual pyramid

Battle Frontier was great, it'd be nice if they brought it back
>>
>>24832260
>tfw gameshark

I was a faggot middle schooler who surfed into glitch zones lol
>>
>>24831621
I'm not sure if a modern take on the pyramid would make it easier or harder.

there have been many changes since Gen 3 and they would obviously revamp the wild pokemon arsenal plus Brandon's team. I guess you have more Pokemon to choose from so I'd be easier overall? Still a challenge though
>>
>>24833541
>own Pokemon refuses to attack
>opponent goes full offensive, tearing into your line-up

This place was suffering incarnate.
>>
File: 1446929066108.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1446929066108.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>24835080
>tfw you would probably have to feed your Pokemon puffs to get it to fight
>>
>>24831621
it depends, mostly teens & afew adults that the hardcore autistic kids who play at a competitive level and do their own work other than that no kids are too fucking lazy and stupid.
>>
>>24831621

Kids back then couldn't. So no.
>>
>>24833541
I don't know how I managed to get the silver symbol for that place nearly 10 years ago.
>>
>>24833541
they knew that place was some bullshit which is why the game requires the lowest win streak for the gold symbol along with the factory, which is equally bullshit (what a surprise)
>>
>>24835133
>implying the Haxamid wouldn't throw a miracle Heliolisk that has the speed of Scarf and power of Specs at you every battle just to paralyze non-electric/Limber pokemon on your team with Glare
>>
Kids today aren't any dumber than kids of the 2000s/90s. It's the developers who are being pussies. It's not the kid's fault. I know kids who could beat Dark Souls because they are determined enough.
>>
>>24833541
>know Spencer has Slaking and that I'll be fighting him after this
>decide to teach my metagross protect to take advantage of him
>he never uses it
>>
>>24835229
>>Losing to a fucking Donphan

battle maison early XY
brightpowder sturdy fissure donphan

turn 1: misses, fissure kills. It was some mega
turn 2: hits ice beam, sturdy, crit EQ kills nidoking
turn 3: misses, fissure kills my last mon

that made me pretty fucking mad
maison can be retarded with the cheating sometimes, whenever I got an actual good team going high it started spamming diverse 1hitKO mons with brightpowder
>>
>>24832260
I beat all of them other than pyramid
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.