[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how will Amiibos be incorporated into the next gen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: B-n7fiyW8AAHMvm.jpg (58 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
B-n7fiyW8AAHMvm.jpg
58 KB, 600x800
So, how will Amiibos be incorporated into the next gen?
>>
They won't
>>
>>24831092
They have a tcg so amiibo cards are possible bitch
>>
Pokemon Z- Special Linkachu Edition
>>
>>24831087
Here's what I'm willing to guess, it's probably gonna be one of these things:
>Pokemon amiibos unlock Pokemon with special movesets
>amiibos unlock special costumes for your trainer
>An a-Series starts being a thing; amiibo gets implemented into the TCG a la e-Series
>They won't
>>
This worries me.
>>
Chespin amiibo
>>
>>24831087
the new 3ds already works with amiibos
>>
>>24831198
i'd buy it
>>
>>24831087
Ash-Greninja is unlocked in game by touching the Amiibo to your N3DS
>>
>>24831087
Event pokemon, probably.
>>
Amiibo exclusive events. Want that sexy new legendary? Scan it or just get out an Amiiqo.
>>
>>24831238
Really wouldn't mind this. It'd be cool to have a little figurine of the old / new events.
>>
Probably with alt forms of a given pokemon
e.g.

>Greninja gives you ash greninja
>Pikachu gives you a notched ear pichu or a pikachu costume or a surf/fly pikachu
>mewtwo gives you limiter armor mewtwo or shadow mewtwo

etc
>>
What will probably end up happening:
Must use the Amiibo as the new mega stone for your Pokemon.

>>24831238
>Event Pokemon without a time limit attached on them
Game freak would NEVER

>>24831267
I like that a lot actually.
>>
>>24831301
Didn't they have that card scanner thing or something for RSE and FR/LF?
>>
I'd be cool with amiibo cards similar to ACHHD. Some special move set Pokemon, maybe a shiny or some Battle Maison items here and there. I could see them putting them in with the TCG packs/blisters as an extra incentive the way they've been doing with the pins.
>>
>>24831313
Yes and it's scary how similar it is to amiibo.
>>
>>24831100
Actually they're not. amiibo cards are fundamentally different in structure and thickness for the cards, plus having a slight bump where the chip is. As such, there'd be a noticeable difference in the thickness of the cards making it easier for pro players to know what card is what when shuffling. As such, it won't happen.
>>
Hopefully we'll still have save editing if this happens. Not buying shitty toys to get everything in game.
>>
>>24831432
they can make individually collectible cards like ac amiibo cards
they've done before with movie promo cards

gotta collect them all
>>
>>24831804
Yeah, they can do it in a separate card style and series, but the actual Pokémon TCG won't just suddenly have amiibo chips in like they had e-Reader ones
>>
>>24831087
I'd really hope for something minor, like scanning the amiibo doesn't give you the pokemon, but does fully unlock pokedex data and gives you some other small treat.
>>
>>24831301
>Event Pokemon without a time limit attached on them

Mew
Celebi (jp)
Jirachi (us)
Deoxys
Manaphy

are all eventmons that can be obtained at any time
>>
I saw some idea on here using amiibo similar to the mystery gift trainer house in that it adds in a trainer you can fight/train against who has pokemon that vaguely fit the theme of the character of the amiibo in question, maybe even have the character as the trainer.
>>
>>24831463
You don't need save editing, since you can just write your own NFC chips that function the same as Amiibo for a few cents each. A lot of newer phones come with that functionality. It's just not a very well-known thing because current Amiibo functionality is so trivial that it's not worth the effort.
>>
You're all retarded.

Game freak clearly doesn't like amiibo as of what happened with Mario maker.

They don't get much money off of licensing, they hate Nintendo for taking their profits, etc.

Z and forward probably won't have any amiibo compatibility at all.
>>
>>24831267
Why not extend that same idea to characters that aren't pokemon and just make them unlock pokemon that resemble their respective amiibo?
>>
>>24835817
Or trendy clothes for your trainer, like Mario's iconic hat.
>>
>>24831087
Move tutors.
>>
I like >>24835899 and >>24835890, but how about for the Pokémon, you get to battle and attempt to catch the wild Pokémon that the Amiibo is, and for the non-Pokémon, you can battle a trainer based on that character. Like Marth would have Gallade and Aegislash.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.