[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to come up with most cancerous new mechanic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: mawilium.png (57 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
mawilium.png
57 KB, 258x245
You have 10 seconds to come up with most cancerous new mechanic for Gen VI as possible. What is your best idea?
>>
>>24830721
Free-to-play. It's not just for spinoffs anymore!
>>
>>24830746
Each of your pokémon can fight only once per day and then they get tired. Be sure to re-energise them with Revival Herbs, which are available for purchase from the PokéStore!!
>>
>>24830721
Genies don't need a mega stone to evolve
>>
>>24830721
Pokemon Amie is developed into a full fledged dating sim mode for all the waifu fags.
>>
>>24830754
>revival herb
>not energy items
you had one job.
>>
>>24830721
Evasion = Size
>>
The more you boost stats, the less chance of having a critical hit you have.
>>
>>24830721
Amiibos
>>
>>24830746
>>24830754
Pay-Per-Pokeball.
>>
>>24830721
Pokémon now can be hit in certain parts, disabling moves that would require them.
>>24830797
>mfw not even sure-hit moves can hit Flabébé or alikes now, while Wailord and other giants are guaranteed to get hit even by OHKOs
>>
You literally CANNOT use a pokémon in link battles unless it has all perfect IVs, with the exceptions of Trick Room which requires a 0 instead, and Hidden Power which is only valid if it results in a counter to a weakness.
>some people on this very board actually want this
>>
Your Pokemon runs away after a certain amount of losses.
Pokemon eggs can now be miscarried.
>>
>>24830721
We're already in Gen VI you dipshit
>>
>>24830721
Fusions.
>>
>>24830785
>Pokemon dating sim

no thanks, I prefer dating PokeGirls, and Masuda will make damn sure we'll get all the dating sim we can ever want.

One day Pokemon will become Artificial Academy: Monster raising Edition
>>
>>24830806
>removing scrubs and fun-havers from competitive for Freelo

nobody wants that retard lol
>>
>>24830721
A VGC which allows the use of Primal Groudon, Xerneas and mega Ray!
>>
Another mechanic that varies stats (like IVs and EVs) and/or the variance in the numbers increases (so IVs go from -127 to +127 for instance)
>>
File: and all shall flinch before me.gif (196 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
and all shall flinch before me.gif
196 KB, 300x226
>>24830797
>Jirachi the Supreme Overlord of Skill
>>
Accuracy and evasion now have IVs and EVs related to them.
>>
File: s1577.jpg (86 KB, 628x770) Image search: [Google]
s1577.jpg
86 KB, 628x770
>>24830721
I have some several ideas.
- Freemium. You need to buy catalyzers with real-life money to make your mons evolve. Even for starters or common Rattata-like monsters. Catalyzers for most popular monsters (Lucario, Charizard and Greninja) are the most expensive.
- Free part of the game only shows you a quarter of the game: Two badges. The rest of the game is DLC, and you must buy it.
- You must buy free access to "Safaris" spread all across the region to capture most monsters.
- Online is bound to Pokémon Bank, and of course, is not free.
- DRM with Nintendo Account, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. You are often prompted to post your advance when earning a badge or catching a mon. It quickly becomes obnoxious.
- Some mons are catchable only with Amiibos. You can't complete the Pokedex without them.

This just giving me 10 seconds to think about it.
Now I'll give my resume to EA.
>>
>>24830721
Rapid Spin/removal proof stealth rock
>>
>>24830860
Yeah, I'd rather play stall teams all day as well. Good thing we have set up our own meta to make our stupid strategy work!
>>
>>24830721
Playing with your pokemon in Amie can raise your pokemon's EVs to the max. Friendship can make them stronger than they thought possible!
>>
An alchemy system for creating new items (including evolution items and form changing items)
>>
>>24830982
>amie makes all stats 256
waiting for it now. it already makes them ludircrously strong in every other way
>>
make-your-own pokémon
>>
Peeing. This is the only thing that came to mind. This is why you don't give people 10 seconds.
>>
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU BEAT YOUR FIRST TRAINER!

Be sure to buy the DLC expansion packs, which allows you to fight two MORE trainers AND fight your first Gym battle! Current price for Season pass or current DLC is £30 Paypal. Our exciting new DLC will include random encounters and the ability to buy items directly for use in-Game! (Potions £2, Full Heals £3, Pokeballs £5, etc.)
>>
File: 1449728524205.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449728524205.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>24832223
>being a yuropoor
>>
>no more IVs or EVs
oh wait, that's an improvement
>>
>>24830721

Crafting. You have to build TMs, HMs, non-story key items and non-standard pokeballs out of random crap you find laying around on the map or from after battles. After X number of uses of TMs, they break. After Y number of "steps" on the bike, it breaks. All story progress is gated with crafting.

In the same vein, procedural generation. All pace and flow thrown out the window for maps that are never the same twice.

And, as others have said, f2p elements. Any of them. But that's obvious.
>>
>>24832313

ebin
>>
>>24830721
Making Pokémon GO the next main game should be enough.
>>
Be sure to visit Pokemon.com in 6 months to purchase the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Expansion packs, including the Delta Episode for just $5.99!

and be sure to purchase the ultra exclusive Cherish Balls, Heavy Balls, and Level Balls for just $.99 each! but this offer is only for a limited time!

And now offering our best offer yet! the shiny mechanic! with this mechanic, your game will now generate a 1/4093 chance of any pokemon encounter having a unique color sprite! Be sure to expand your game to include shinies! Only $5.99!
>>
>>24830822
>pokegirls
pokegirl.org is for you mate
>>
three furbait starters
>>
>>24832965
What have you done! We already got those last gen.
>>
>>24830898

underrated post
>>
File: 1450079493085.png (305 KB, 422x319) Image search: [Google]
1450079493085.png
305 KB, 422x319
>>24830959

>monsters
>>
>>24832313
true
>>
Guns
>>
More virtual-pet-like.

You have to feed your pokemon a berry every day or it loses an IV or even an entire level from starving. If it goes a whole week without being fed, it dies. This applies to pokemon in storage too. Catching them all is now impossible because you don't have enough space in your bag.
>>
Raising or lowering stats in battle like Screech and Swords Dance is permanent. It doesn't reset when you switch, or even when you end the battle.

Competitive now consists of all the pokemon with their stats maxed out from the get-go.
>>
You get 1 pokeball every 5 days you play. These have a base 20% capture rate and a 1% on legendaries. You can buy higher tier pokeballs with real money.
>>
Trick Room reverses priority as well.
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (26 KB, 499x297) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
26 KB, 499x297
>>24830721
Digivolution
>>
>>24830762
>Genies mega evolve
the only words that matter m8
>>
>>24834161
that's actually sick as fuck.
>>
>>24830807
>A Shiny female Combee with 6 perfect IVs hatched from the egg!
>But it was lost...
>Try to harvest an item? [Yes/No]
>>
>>24830999
Exactly how is this bad again?
>>
>>24834161
Never got why it didn't do that in the first place
>Vital Throw actually sees use
>>
>>24834289
Whirlwind
>>
>>24830794

No, because then you need to feed them vitamins to keep their happiness up.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.