[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >played pretty much every main game since Ruby and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (68 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 205x205
>be me
>played pretty much every main game since Ruby and Sapphire
>never seen, let alone caught a shiny
>decide to try out crystal
>after I get out of the Ilex forest
>go to the daycare
>get an egg from the guy there
>hour later
>hatches into a shiny Tyrogue
>mfw
And you twats say gen VI practically gives you shinies as an one argument that it sucks even though gen II literally HANDS you shinies yet you still don't say gen II sucks because of it
not trying to say gen II sucks, it's shaping up to be my favorite, but at least pick a better argument when trying to bash gen VI
>>
>>24829076

who is autistic enough to let shinies or shiny abundance determine their favorite generation?
>>
>>24829319
Someone whose first pokemon game was r/s, I suppose.
>>
I have 400 hours on Y and I, like you, have played every gen substantially.

I've still never ever found a shiny, ever. I've done plenty of breeding too
>>
>>24829339
>played every gen substantially
>never ever found a shiny, ever
>Gen 2 literally hands you a shiny on a silver fucking platter
>>
>>24829076
Didn't that egg just have a really high chance of getting a shiny?
I could've sworn it was possible to get a normal baby out of it.
>>
>>24829391
You are correct. I never got a shiny from that egg. OP is availability heuristic drive his mind
>>
>>24829391
From what I've heard, yes, it's only apparently a chance, but there's still that 100% shiny Gyarados at the lake of rage.
>>24829319
Believe it buddy, people use the "high" rates of seeing a shiny as a reason to say gen VI sucks. Literally 90% of the people here inherently hate gen VI, wether it's actually bad or not, I personally liked gen VI.
>>
>>24829391
Yeah. You can get any of the babies or of it and it has a really high increase chance of shiny
>>
I find that the moment you stop actively looking for shinies, they start cropping up all over the place.

I got two shiny Mareeps in one month (one of which is competitive), one zubat, and a Zweilous (also now competititve because 31 SpA and Spe) , and Roselia.
>>
>>24829076
I read it in Ashen's voice
>>
>>24829076
to be fair, i only found one shiny in gen 2, and 9 shinies in gen 6. both without even trying. and no it wasn't shiny gyarados, it was a ratata
>>
>>24829997
>I find that the moment you stop actively looking for shinies, they start cropping up all over the place
This is so accurate it almost hurts.
Gen 6 has been tossing shinies at me left, right and center. And I really don't care about them.
>>
>>24829076
that egg has like 25% chance of being shiny, so try again
>>
>>24830138
Try again?
>100% shiny Gyarados in the lake of rage
>>24829998
I kek'd
>>
>>24829076
Actually, the Egg has 14% to be Shiny.
50% in Japanese game.
>>
>>24830150
>Gen 5 has 100% shiny Haxorus in Nature Preserve

Also
>gen 4 has pokeradar for shiny chaining
>gen 6 XY friend safari has greatly increased chance of finding shinies
>gen 6 ORAS has dexnav for increased shiny rates
>gen 6 XY/ORAS has chain fishing
>>
>>24830984
Also Shiny Charm ever since BW.
>>
>>24831231
>Shiny Charm in BW

the super hacker is super.
>>
>>24831259
Wait, Shiny Charm was BW2?
Well, don't I look retarded now.
>>
>>24829391
I believe it's 50% likely to be shiny in the Japanese version. It's something like 20% or 33.3% or something like that in the US version.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.