[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Pokemon Controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: new pokemoncontroller.png (167 KB, 968x256) Image search: [Google]
new pokemoncontroller.png
167 KB, 968x256
New Pokemon Controller
>>
Do you think Pokken will become a relevant fighter game in the competitive scene?
>>
>>24827553
Interesting.
>>
>>24827553
It looks like cheap plastic bootleg controller, what a piece of shit
>>
>>24827760
It's Possible
>>
No GC Controller compatibility?

Nintendo just re-released that just for Smash, it needs other uses.
>>
>>24827553
thr looks hella fun, I may just buy a wii U
>>
>>24827771
Piece of Nintendo.
>>
>>24827780
They probably have future plans for it.
>>
>>24827772
>>24827760
Probably. Ultimax is pretty strong right now
>>
release it to PS4 and XBOX
>>
>>24827760
From what I've seen, I would say so.

Even though people complain about the roster "not having variety" (when in reality it's just them being upset about the developers favoring fan-favourites instead of their bros), from a gameplay pov every character plays very different from one another, having unique playstyle and visuals. Even Vanilla Pikachu and Libre play nothing alike.
>>
I really don't understand why it needs a special controller that looks like it belongs to a long lost game console from 1993.
>>
>>24827553
If Pokken comes out and has at least 25 characters, and I get really tempted, I might trade in my Wii and other games/game systems and pay the difference for that bundle if it comes to the US.

A lot of ifs, but the most sensible move would be waiting on the NX which is likely to get it too.
>>
File: Pokkén_Tournament.png (70 KB, 289x201) Image search: [Google]
Pokkén_Tournament.png
70 KB, 289x201
>>24827553
>>
File: breivik laffin.gif (3 MB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
breivik laffin.gif
3 MB, 280x250
>>24827851
>>
Who would get this instead of buying a Pro controller?
>>
>>24827808
never gonna happen pokemon is from nintendo,this game beat the PS4 and XBOX ONE user i believe now they are mad because we got a awesome fighter game and they dont NINTENDO ALWAYS WON from PS4 and Xbox one remember that there is still 1 game left from dbz and that zenkai battle game can also be comming to wii u is just a matter of timedbz heroes was a arcade game nownit is on 3Ds..Soon we getting the best arcade games on WII U.

REST IN PEACE PS4 XBOX ONE WITH NO AWESOME GAMES
>>
>>24827994
It's wired, for faster inputs.
>>
Don't know why I'd bother with that goofy ass thing over the pro controller, doesn't look like it has extra functionality specifically for a fighting game or anything
>>
File: pokken-tournament-controller.jpg (28 KB, 580x468) Image search: [Google]
pokken-tournament-controller.jpg
28 KB, 580x468
This is probably because I'm a faggot, but I'll be picking up a Pokken Tournament Controller when i purchase the game. I don't own a Pro Controller nor do i play anything on my Wii U

it looks annoying as fuck to use the d-pad and XYAB buttons on the pro controller imo
>>
>>24828982
also, it's wired

and >muh proper pokken controller for the true experience
>>
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 2448x3264
>>24827834
>the most sensible move would be to wait 2-3 years to have fun so that I can save ~$150
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 410x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 410x645
>>24827833
It's pokken's version of an arcade fight stick since it already had a controller based input to begin with.
>>
>>24829143

I really don't understand why it needs a special controller that looks like it belongs to a long lost game console from 1993.
>>
>>24829483
It seemed more newcomer friendly than a standard arcade cabinet stick.
>>
Why use this over the pro controller?
>>
>>24829517

Why bother with that when they went way out of their way to deliberately make the Pokémon look as "realistic" as such creatures ever possibly could?
>>
>>24829525
It's mostly for people who've been playing the arcade version and want to maintain a familiar feel of control.
You won't need it since arcades don't exist for you.
>>
I hope this comes to the US. Looks like it would be a neat controller for emulation.
>>
>>24827760
Next Mahvel.
>>
>>24829682
>>
Looks like the same controller used at game centers.

It's bretty good, actually. Will probably pick one up.
These things aren't region specific right? I'd be bummed to pick one up for my friend in the US to find out it doesn't work with that version. Of course, I imagine they'll probably release one for the US version as well, right? But just in case.
>>
>>24827760
I hope not.
>>
>>24827553
>that controller

JUST
>>
File: how about no.jpg (71 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
how about no.jpg
71 KB, 380x380
>>24827553
>no analog sticks
I'll stick with Pro controller
>>
>>24829900
>analog sticks
>in a fighting game
>he actually likes the shitty stick placement on the pro controller
Why?
>>
>>24829911
It emulates the feel of an arcade fight stick.
That's sort of its value add.
>>
File: 1418483930959.jpg (270 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1418483930959.jpg
270 KB, 960x1280
>>24829925
>analog stick
>emulates anything from an arcade
>>
>>24827760
I'd like to say yes, but that 3D mechanic makes me feel skeptical. Has there ever been a 3D fighting game in the competitive scene?

Also
>moving around in 3D space with a D-pad
>>
>>24829942
>>moving around in 3D space with a D-pad

As someone who has played the game, it didn't seem unnatural at all.
>>
>>24829953
really? that's good to hear
>>
>>24829963
yeah I was pleasantly surprised myself.
of course, feel free to make the judgement yourself.

I'm interested to see whether or not I'll like using a stick more than the d-pad.
>>
>>24829963
I mean, they designed it with the fact a d pad was going to be the only directional input on the arcade cabinet so one would hope.
>>
>>24827760
Maybe. At this point, Pokemon is so ingrained in the western and eastern pop culture that anything with Pikachu's face slapped on will not go unnoticed.
>>
>>24827760
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/676767998758252544
>I do like that they list Pokkén Tournament's genre as "Pokémon Action Battle" rather than as a "Fighting game". Very hilarious & ridiculous.
>>
>>24829563
>You won't need it since arcades don't exist for you.

But they do. I've already played Pokken at Round 1.
>>
>>24827851
I used that controller to play Pokken at an arcade. It really does bee a bit weird, but it works nonetheless.
>>
>>24827553
Can you use it for other games?
>>
>>24827793
originally they were saying that you could use the good ol' wavebird in any game that accepted a classic controller
>>
>>24827553
https://youtu.be/PHgqd90A5eE
>>
>>24829942
>Has there ever been a 3D fighting game in the competitive scene?

Back in the day? Virtua-On was the competitive arena fighter. It's just sad to see that it was popular in a time when arcades were somewhat relevant in the West, which means that the gaming industry wasn't as big as it is today.

Today, Gundam Extreme Vs is the most competitive arena fighter. It's the most popular fighter in Japan, has an active scene (plenty of tournies) in both the East and West despite the lack of a Western release, great balance despite the biggest roster in a competitive fighter, and it has plenty of deep mechanics.

Dragon Ball Zenki is also great and competitive, but it's held back by the lack of a console release. Scamco is standing on literal gold with Zenki, yet they push out crap like Xenoverse.

>moving around in 3D space with a D-pad

Competitive Arena fighters are NOT like your standard 3D game. Virtua-On, Gundam Extreme Vs, and Dragon Ball Zenki are all played with ARCADE STICKS (Virtua-On had a dual stick layout) and not those digusting retarded analog sticks. I've clocked in hundreds of hours into Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus on the PSP, and the game controlled better on the D-Pad than the analog. Hell, even ExVs on the PS3 controls better with the D-Pad than with the analog stick.

These games are kinda like 2D fighters in a 3D plane, so analog sticks aren't necessarily the most ideal control scheme.
>>
I hope it's compatible with other games outside of Pokken, that looks comfortable as fuck
>>
>>24829911

The Pro Controller's placement of the sticks is what the Xbox One's conttroller should have been, especially with that consoles emphesis on FPS titles, the analog sticks really should take prominance over the D Pad and face buttons.

If anything its the Nintendo remote you'd expect to value the DPad and face Buttons
>>
>>24832270
>>24833538

Well, the controller is going to plug into the wii remote to be connected with the Wii U since it's wired and there is no other possible way to connect it....right?

So I'm just going to predict that it'll be compatible with any game that supports the classic controller
>>
>>24834841
If only the Wii U had 4 USB ports...
>>
>>24834845
See, I discarded that possibility because there hasn't been an official USB controller for Wii U yet.

But maybe you are right and it's going to be USB to minimise input lag as much as possible
>>
>>24834865
This is done by Hori, not Nintendo, so technically not "official", just licensed by The Pokémon Company & Nintendo.
>>
File: ps1controller.jpg (122 KB, 1294x859) Image search: [Google]
ps1controller.jpg
122 KB, 1294x859
>>24827553
>mfw it's the true successor to this controller from 1995
>>
>>24837527
MADE BY TINY HAND JAPS, FOR TINY HAND JAPS.
>>
Wii U Pro Controller Master Race.

Its perfection and I use it for everything Wii U
>>
>>24841058
>That analog stick placement
Why can only Microsoft do it right?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.