[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which region has the most interesting lore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: mio.png (154 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mio.png
154 KB, 300x300
Which region has the most interesting lore?
>>
>>24820888

Probably either Sinnoh or Unova.
>>
>>24820888
Kanto is pretty nice for its simplicity. Johto as well.
Unova's ideals and truths theme was well put together, but the two trios and the event legends were all pretty weak.
>>
Kanto
Team Rocket, Mew experiments, legendary birds, great pokemon war
Original lore is the best lore
>>
>>24820910
>great Pokemon war

Don't fucking call it that.
It's literally just WW2
>>
>>24820917
What pokemon team would Hitler use?
>>
>>24820888
Sinnoh, without a doubt.
>>
>>24820888
Kanto, because it isn't all in your face like later gens did, if you managed to find a legendary it was because you solved a mystery, traversed a dungeon and earned that right, not because you're the "chosen one".

Also the regi quest from the originals was neat, made them feel important and actually legendary, like a rumour.
>>
Johto

>Ruins of Alph and Unown's influence on early humanity.

>a phoenix resurrected 3 pokemon who perished in a fire, making them myths in themselves.

>great drought in Azalea that was ended by a slowpoke's yawn

>Lugia and Ho-Oh are revered guardians of the seas and skies without being the straight-up gods of the Sea and Sky.

>A den of Dragons that serves as a training ground for the region's strongest trainers, such as Claire and Lance.

I dunno HG/SS were the first games that actually made me want to read up on the region's history and lore and pay close attention.
>>
>>24821052
The regis actually felt like you were discovering something.
>>
>>24820945
full team of weezing
>>
>>24821067
Kek
>>
>>24820945
Exterminating all Probopass and Nosepass doesn't seem like a bad idea.
>>
>>24821062
Indeed, like before everyone used the internet, you were randomly exploring an ice cave or a power plant and suddenly a lv 50 majestic bird appears before you and it can even evade pokéballs!
Good times.
>>
I was actually gonna come in here and shitpost about kanto having no lore, but you all pointed out my misgivings.
>>
>>24820888
Sinnoh and Johto are legit the only regions with interesting lore. How they connected it all in HG/SS was the cherry on top.

Cant even fathom how any of the other Regions could compare in any way. OR/AS was trying pathetically too hard, and it all went fucking nowhere.
>>
Sinnoh. Mythology the best. Best Games. Best Gen.
>>
>>24820945
He had a Houndoom for sure
>>
>>24820945
Posion (Type) Pokémon.
>>
>>24821114
You need to be 18+ to be on this site. Come back in a few years.
>>
>>24821655
>you can't have that opinion!
>>
>>24821666
>Having wrong opinions.
No satan, you can't.
>>
>>24820945
Nien Tails
>>
>>24821655
Those games were released longer ago than you think man. He's right in some ways to. It wasn't the best game or region, but fuck did it have lore. It had an entire fucking library dedicated to it.
>>
>>24821655
People who were 9 in 2006 are 18 now

Source: Was 9 in 2006 and am 18 now
>>
Kalos and ORAS/origianl Hoenn are the region but its upinthe air for me of lore, i kinda like all of the lore from each place.
>>
>Kanto
>having anything remotely passing as a bare-bones lore
okay
>>
>>24820945
Rotom-H
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.