[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's no doubt that Pokemon's audience is declining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
There's no doubt that Pokemon's audience is declining and getting older.

What would you do to bring in the younger demographic while still appealing to the older fanbase?
>>
>>24820628
>Pokemon's audience is declining
>current Gen is on-track to outsell most other generations

You should look into your retarded claims before you make threads about them.
>>
have ash get stomped to death.
>>
File: 1448907274386.jpg (831 KB, 1024x913) Image search: [Google]
1448907274386.jpg
831 KB, 1024x913
>>24820628
>>
File: 1442805634773.png (25 KB, 104x108) Image search: [Google]
1442805634773.png
25 KB, 104x108
>>24820628
WHITE Gardevoir clones.
No furbait like Loppuny.
No niggashit like Gothitelle.
Just white qt girls like Gardy.
>>
>>24820641
>this
Pokemon still appeals to kids but keeping the older fanbase happy is just clearly impossible. Someone will find a way to hate anything, even if they just hate it cause its popular

Gamefreak just needs to keep the kids playing and throw in enough new stuff and nostalgia bait to hook a good portion of the old folks into buying, the job is then done
>>
>>24820652
Me on the left
>>
>>24820641
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/01/pokemons-audience-growing-older/
>>
>>24820628
Keep the games the same and ADD BATTLE FRONTIER
>>
>>24820713
The Battle Frontier is boring and difficult. I never defeated ONE SINGLE FRONTIER BRAIN.

And I only play the main story, so I really don't care.
>>
Remove autism. Natures, abilities, EVs, IVs, 3000 different moves, 2000 different items, etc.
>>
>>24820695
That shows that the older audience is growing, which is obvious considering there are more and more adults that grew up on Pokemon.

By the numbers, though, the audience is not "declining".

The article you linked also clearly gives reasons WHY the games sold to the older audience (RS nostalgia vs releasing during school exams etc.)

Again, not declining in audience. Selling as much as ever.
>>
It can't really be done. What Nintendo really needs to do is let the series die a dignified death with:
Z with a proper postgame and story
Maybe another gen, maybe just leave it at Z
Pokemon snap remake, Wii U or NX
Another XD type game

After that it's just done. They need to get the rest of their available nostalgia bux and then leave us with a game worth playing.
>>
>>24820719
Here, have a (You)
>>
>>24820747
>games makes millions and millions of dollars with every release
>no signs of slowing down my the numbers
>hurrr they should stop

Look at this fucking moron.
>>
>>24820753
>because the cash is still flowing, let's run it completely into the ground until everybody hates it and it's universally declared shit
You sound like somebody in charge of American television storyboarding.
>>
>>24820753
I'd rather Pokemon die a dignified death than see it pull a Sonic the Hedgehog. It won't happen of course, but it's what should be done.
>>
>>24820774
The fuck is this guy talking about?
>>
>>24820774
>>24820788
But none of that is even close to happening, you delusional neckbeards.
>>
>>24820774
They would have to be completely fucking retarded to end Pokemon any time soon.
>>
>>24820788
>let Pokemon die a dignified death

Does it just not appeal to YOU anymore, so you think it needs to end? Because there is no logical reason for that to happen.
>>
>>24820753
this^
There are people in this world shitting up this board with trash opinions like all the modern games are bad and muh originals were so much better

Face it kids, all the games are about equally good/bad or fixed by a remake. Ranking them is as trivial as ranking your favourite pokemon.
>>
>>24820834
Everything has an end. Pokémon is not the exception.
The final game should be one where all the main characters make a team to defeat one super powerful inter-dimensional enemy (Hoopa) with the help of all the legendary Pokémon (Arceus included) to save the multiverse.
>>
>>24820862
That's a terrible idea. They don't need to one up the plot because the sense of scale loses meaning after saving the world and that's not even a great plot in the first place.

They need to make a damn good game with some nods to past generations.
>>
Make good Pokémon.
>>
>>24820862
This sounds like something 6 year old me would shit out on the playground trying to impress my friends
>>
>>24820641
>current Gen is on-track to outsell most other generations
kek, it'll be lucky to outsell BW at the current rate

OP is right, but I don't think there is anything we (as a fanbase) can do to draw in young audience in general

unless GameFreak finds a way to make Pokemon an immortal classic (like Mickey Mouse) the franchise is going to end sooner or later
>>
>>24820875
>>24820893
>I want to see fusions, 20 new lucario forms, "free to start :^)", overcentralization of megas (be real: do you honestly believe an old Pokemon will EVER get a new evolution again?), more overstylized dragons, mega evolution levels 2-4 (for lucario and charizard only), and never expect a post game of any sort again. It's too hard.
>>
>>24820960
XY and ORAS have literally outsold BW and BW2 already.
>>
File: how-big-is-pokemon-3-638.jpg (45 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
how-big-is-pokemon-3-638.jpg
45 KB, 638x479
>>24820753
>no signs of slowing down by the numbers
yeah, nothing at all

pokemon will be dying like WoW does today - very slowly and painfully
>>
>>24821013
Counting sequels, third versions, and remakes, Pokemon nearly hits those early gen numbers every single generation.
>>
>>24821013
[citation needed]
>>
>>24821011
according to Nintendo's official website XY sold 14,15 mln copies, while BW sits at 15,6

considering it sells only like 6k weekly these days, it still has a very long way to go, and 3DS is already reaching it's life's end
>>
Make the games for everybody. Pokémon is still the only game that is for children. No other games other than that so called Pokémon killer and shovelware are just for kids.
>>
>>24821013
>only counts first games
Count the entire generation, including sequels, third versions, and remakes.
>>
>>24821041
I said XY and ORAS. As in, those two games together versus BW and BW2.
>>
>>24821041
>>24821422
>BW - 15.6 million
>BW2 - 8.52 million
>Total - 24.12 Million

>XY - 14.15 million
>ORAS - 10.69 million
>Total - 24.84 million

Gen 6 has surpassed Generation 5 in sales and continues to sell.
>>
Been playing since 11, still haven't lost interest, ill stop for a couple months, all of my knowledge comes back instantly like a pokedex in my head and i waste too much time replaying old games, and getting on showderp
>>
>>24821540
I'm 20 btw
>>
>>24821477
>BW 2 is an extension of the first game. Oras is a remake of one of the old games during it's tenth anniversary.
I wonder why oras outsold BW 2
>>
Your starting town should be a massive city with 10 Battle Frontiers and you can ride cabs and trains around to cut down on travel time. If you leave the city via train to visit other cities they are filled with elite trainers with 6 pokemon teams that are fully EV trained and have themes like monotype or stall, setup, hyper offense, etc.

All pokemon have perfect IVs and you feed them berries to EV train them, and you can buy the berries in bulk at any store.

When you beat the story mode you can rematch everyone and gym leaders rematch you constantly in tournaments dogging you every time you fly to your house or whatever with increasingly tough teams from a giant pool of pokemon.

There are 4 Elite Fours because when you conquer one you fly around the world and beat up international E4s too with new ones being added in as free DLC updates.

Eggs take up a separate party slot and there's 20 egg slots, and you can also have the day care hatch eggs and mail the pokemon to you via UPS so you can check its nature.

Your pokenav thing allows you to access your pc anytime.

Also you can marry Gardevoir.
>>
>>24821710
Get this man a job at Gamefreak holy fuckin shit
>>
>>24820628
It's not the audience declining and getting older

It's you declining and getting older
>>
>>24821013
XY+ORAS have already sold more than BW+B2W2 did.

If anything I'd think this indicates that the best thing to do with pokemon is keep following muh patterns. BW tried to be unique and it's the worst selling generation.
>>
>>24821671
Remakes always sell better than third versions
>>
>>24820628
Make it a sitcom
>>
>>24821710
>Eggs take up a separate party slot and there's 20 egg slots, and you can also have the day care hatch eggs and mail the pokemon to you via UPS so you can check its nature.
>Your pokenav thing allows you to access your pc anytime.
>Also you can marry Gardevoir.

You were supposed to make a meme post. Not come up with good ideas.
>>
It's obvious why you think that OP, when Pokémon came out most of us were in grade school so we were surrounded by kids our age who all watched mostly the same thing. As we got older we opened up to newer things while the younger kids kept on watching Pokémon, then they got older and the you ones after them kept on watching.
The audience isn't dying is that you're in the adult world now and you're not surrounded by people who like everything you like anymore or at least by people who don't don't talk about Pokémon all the time like kids do.
>>
>>24821013
It shows that some people learned that they can wait for the third version to come out.
>>
>>24821671

I agree, ORAS should be compared to, say HGSS sales.

Let's see how X2Y2 or Z turns out.
>>
>>24820628
Tyrantrum.
>>
>>24820642
The only thing wrong with that is the fact it has to be stomping. It should be a slow, painful death with his friends, family, and the audience watching. Better yet, make it Pikachu that kills him.
>>
>>24820628
Do what fire emblem did and make one if the two versions released the more difficult one
>>
>>24820628
hop on board that Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Amiibo shill train
>>
>>24820652
>kids around here give a fuck about or are nice to genwunners

Great meme you fucking retard
>>
>>24820747
Wow, you're just a gaping faggot internet stereotype aren't you
>>
>>24820973
Stay buttmad and 11 years old, faggot
>>
>>24820628
that is the question someone working at GF is trying to figure out every day
>>
File: 1390609104545.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1390609104545.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>24828908
>I literally am unable to put myself into an hypothetical situation based on a real life one for comedic purpose because I will look at every possible way that this does not apply to reality, completely missing the point of the joke
>>
>>24820628
That's the simplest question ever. Make a fucking console main series entry. Gen 7 becomes an HD, current gen console release with internet connectivity for trading and battling, just like the last 3 gens and every other console game these days.

I don't even need to get into features, because the console bit is literally all we need. We've been asking for it *since* gen 1 and all we get are semi-decent spin-off titles that are very limited and didn't take full advantage of the console environment. If this was done, they could include every bonus feature ever from the series (following pokemon, customization, ball capsules, etc.) and still have the capability to build a huge region to explore with beautiful graphics and awesome animations for all the pokemon.

The problem is that Gamefreak won't do this because they literally don't know how to listen to fans. This has been basically request #1 for 20 years and they just won't do it for some stupid fucking reason.
>>
>>24829088
GF sees Pokémon as Pocket Monsters, the idea being that you can bring them anywhere with you etc, so that's one of the reasons they don't do that. But if the NX really is a cross between home console and handheld then this might be it.
>>
>>24820628
Kids still enjoy it in Japan and that's the cornerstone of the franchise.

Your childhood doesn't give you priority.
>>
>>24829578
>Kids still enjoy it in Japan
And there's the problem - Japan's birthrate is declining.
>>
>>24820628
Actually have a compelling story make the bad guys menacing like in colosseum
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.