[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serebii posted Volcanion's reveal 27 hours ago Bulbagarden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Bulbapedia_logoicon.png (4 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
Bulbapedia_logoicon.png
4 KB, 135x135
Serebii posted Volcanion's reveal 27 hours ago
Bulbagarden hasn't even tweeted about it

>I know it’s petty, but it really irritates me how nobody ever goes to Bulbagarden for breaking pokémon news. It’s always Serebii or PokéJungle or PokéBeach, but never Bulbagarden, even though all of those other sites, in some way, try to mimic Bulbagarden or Bulbapedia’s style of delivering information. We break the exact same news at the exact same time from the exact same sources, yet even on our own Facebook page we get people telling other commenters to “go to Serebii for confirmation” when it takes us 0.02358734 seconds longer to post something because people are incapable of typing at twice the speed of light, and that’s not counting the time we actually take to confirm that what we’re saying is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability. No fan site has any authority to confirm anything, and no site is any more or less credible than any other. If Serebii or PJ or WPM couldn’t update their sites for some reason, the news would still break. Bulbagarden does have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, another Twitter account dedicated to breaking news, and even a Tumblr page, all of which you should totally be following, and at least has the advantage of having multiple moderators for all of its social media sites across many time zones, but no one ever seems to believe anything until Serebii posts about it, and that just makes me sad.
>>
>In this fandom, every time new info is leaked or revealed, everyone starts screaming “Serebii confirmed!” like he’s some kind of official source, even on our own Facebook page. Serebii tends to post first and ask questions later, which is fine if you’re into that kind of thing, but at Bulbagarden we pride ourselves on taking that extra bit of time to make sure that the information we’re presenting is accurate to the best of our ability, and a lot of times it feels like that effort is just completely unappreciated.
>>
File: 1448696675267.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448696675267.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>24818850
>Flying/Electric
>Dragon/Poison
>>
>>24818045
Because Bulbapedia doesnt think about this "announcement" as a god send like your based Joe Merrick
>>
>>24818880
An announcement is an announcement. News is news.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 259x194
>Gen 2
>Waterfall
>>
>>24818850
>You know what one of these motherfuckers told me? 'I’d rather be wrong and first than right and second'.
>>
>>24818850
>You know what one of these motherfuckers told me once? 'I’d rather be wrong and first than right and second'.
>>
>>24819079
Yeah, I'm sure Bulbapedo staff is hard at work trying to figure out if the leaked pages are real or shopped.
>>
>>24818880
Pomf pls
>>
>>24818871
What pokemon was he referring to, I remember this back in the gen 6 leaks but can't seem to remember the pokemon
>>
>>24819111

It was for Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot
>>
>>24819111
I remember people thinking Yveltal was a dragon type
>>
File: pomfish.png (215 KB, 1366x378) Image search: [Google]
pomfish.png
215 KB, 1366x378
>>24819113
Good times.
>>
>>24819111
Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill respectively
>>
>>24818880
Exactly how does giving information in it make him think it's a god send? He runs a pokemon information site and Volcanion's reveal is information on pokemon. It makes sense that he would, oh I don't know, talk about it. I don't even give a shit about Joe Merrick but at least he does provide details about reveals.
>>
>>24819226
I think anon is referring to the fact that Joe isn't going crazy about how this is nothing, that Pokémon is doomed etc. from this announcement.
>>
Over 2 days now and still nothing
>>
Who remembers Serebii "confirming" Yveltal to be Dark/Dragon back in 2013?
>>
>>24823579
Pomf pls
>>
>>24818880
Bulbapedia posts random bullshit as announcements all the time.

Hell their news right now is
>December 9: VGC 2016 rules and formats revealed
>December 6: Bulbagarden launches seventh annual Christmas Contests
>December 4: 'Pokémon Theme' places in Dutch Top 2000
>December 4: Nintendo HK to distribute Shiny Jirachi
>December 3: Pokémon Rumble World physical retail version set for European and Australian release
>December 2: Secrets about the Machop evolution family officially revealed
>December 1: New playable and assist character in Pokkén Tournament to be revealed
>November 28: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages to make US debut on Cartoon Network
>November 28: Hoopa to be available in Nordic countries via Nintendo Zone, serial code
>November 26: Pokémon Picross Japanese, international release dates revealed

Nothing about even Sceptile being revealed for Pokken, all the new TCG shit, or Volcanion. Their seventh annual christmas contests are more important.
>>
>>24823623
>Nothing about even Sceptile being revealed for Pokken
What the fuck?

So they're not reporting much actual news.
>>
>>24823683
Course not. They don't care about the quality, just that they get the most shit reported.
>>
>>24823690
WTF is this comment?
You just said they were missing stuff, so they're not reporting the most at all.
>>
>>24818871
>we actually take to confirm that what we’re saying is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability.

And know you know what he meant by this statement. Someone probably got overzealous and didn't wait for confirmation.
>>
>>24824256
Or that WAS the best of their knowledge and ability.
>>
>>24818045
Bit offtopic, but holy shit, Bulbapedia logo is so bad and poorly executed.
Who the fuck designed this?
>>
>>24824597
The concept is fine I guess. Pokeball inside Bulbasaur's bulb. But yeah it looks badly made. What's the white line supposed to be?
>>
>>24824669
Pomf's attempt at drawing a circle.
>>
>>24818045
Nevermind the fact that Joe himself called Shellos a baby Lapras on the frontpage of his website when it was reaching 400K hits daily during the DPP news rush.

Nevermind the fact that 9 years later that error is still glaringly present in the news archive.
>>
File: 001Bulbasaur_Dream.png (124 KB, 1000x998) Image search: [Google]
001Bulbasaur_Dream.png
124 KB, 1000x998
>>24824669
It's the divisions in the bulbasaur bulb... I think.
>>
>>24825129
>Bulba late with news. Over 2 days before finally posted
>But...but...but Joe made a mistake 9 years ago

Pomf, pls
>>
When is serebii gonna update his shit design?
>>
>>24826629
Never. It's the peak of web 2.0 design
>>
>>24825129
>its only news
Pomf srsly is that like saying that age is just a number?
>>
>>24826634
I think you mean web 0.5.
>>
>>24824669
You've never seen a bulbasaur have you?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.