[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RMT: Team rate thread Hard mode Pick a pokemon, in my case specs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 7 min.png (74 KB, 654x540) Image search: [Google]
7 min.png
74 KB, 654x540
RMT: Team rate thread
Hard mode Pick a pokemon, in my case specs sylveon, give yourself 7 minutes to make a team, then post the results

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost
>>
Looks generic as fuck. Scrubbing bad with double lefties. You'll probably lose to a random unorthodox team and bitch about it when you came in predictable as fug
>>
Boring/10
>>
Do you have to spoiler your shit like a faggot?
>>
>>24817171
you need roost on charizard, so you can use electric types as setup fodder, since you're very weak to them otherwise.

also kys for not using chari y
>>
>>24817204
I fucked up and I don't know where
>>
Could you even get more generic than this?

Also

>Recover on Starmie instead of a coverage move like Ice Beam or Thunderbolt to scare off/kill Skarmory and utilize its speed to kill things like Serperior
>Rocky Helmet on Landorus, a pokemon that gets no use out of it
>Using Landorus at all
>Type overlap with both Water and Fairy
>Fire type overlap

You sicken me.
>>
>>24817216
are you new to competitive pokemon? the sets he runs are very common and established. go read up on them on the smogdex.

also stacking pokemon with the same checks is a very common tactic to break down walls and open the opportunity for a late game sweep.

his team IS shit of course and is a shitty mid-ground between offensive pressure and a defensive backbone with barely any synergy.
>>
>>24817249
I like how my counters to Raikou and Megaman are offensive sylveon, charizard and landrus
>>
>>24817274
char-x is damn near the fucking best answer to electrics in ou, what more do you want
>>
>>24817171
BasicBitch/10

Now just replace Sylveon with Clefable :^)
>>
>>24817552
I didn't know charizard was a dragon type before it mega evolved. The way I see it, I lead with lando, they lead electric type, I hard switch out because I'll need it for their X, they switch to something like bisharp, and that team falls apart
>>
>>24817171
Ignore what the other guys have said. Your first two mons are good, but you need a better means of pivoting. If you keep enough offensive pressure, this team can get pretty dangerous.

So first off, replace EQ with Roost on Char-X. That addresses your HP Ice-weak Volt Turner problem. Replace Talonflame with Sash Dugtrio. Replace one of the coverage moves on Sylveon with Baton Pass. Turn Lando-T into Jolly Max Atk, Min 305 (or Max) Speed Earth Plate. Replace Stone Edge with Knock Off. Replace Starmie with defensive Defog Zapdos so you don't get memed on by Bisharp or Mega Pinsir or Jirakiss. Mandibuzz can also work but the Electric special attacker utility is nice for scaring things like Slowbro. Replace Azumarill with LO Weavile, OR if you want to get extra cool, Drought Ninetales, who stops Sand, helps Char-X hit harder, boosts Zapdos's Heat Wave and Sylveon's HP Fire, has Solar Beam, etc.

I hope it's obvious the roles each of these mons serve. The Speed on Lando-T is to let it be another thing that can hit Manaphy. And you may want to consider Memento on Dugtrio to help Char-X set up after it faints.
>>
Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Horn Drill
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Azelf @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

never use azelf, gimme a fuken suggestion
>>
>>24817216
being so autistic that you can't stand two pokemon of the same type being on the same team

why do people do this? Scizor and Heatran can easily share spots on the same team, especially since they share no weaknesses. Also
>Fairy is the best type in the game
>Azumarill and Sylveon only share one incredibly weakness to Poison, which is most often seen on Venusaur, who Azumarill has no business staying in on to begin with
>>
>>24818279

youre right, thats exactly why i did it :/

im new to competitive play if it isnt blatantly obvious. also this team is for battlespot.
>>
>>24817171
0/10
>le genie meme faggot
>using legendaries

I remember being 10 too I guess...
>>
>>24818193
>first two mons are good
Not really, earthquake on charizard is redundant, the only thing it hits is Heatran. Sylveon is just bad in general, made worse by the fact it's walled by heatran for not running hp ground.

Switch Starmie to Excadrill who is both a better spinner and puts huge pressure on heatran, Rotom-Wash and tyranitar.
>>
Azumaril is your weakest link. Belly Drum is forever better than Choice Band.
Also, Rocky Helmet Lando is a meme. Everyone and their mother carries HP Ice or Ice Beam. Or in the case of rain teams, scald.
>>
>>24817171
Team looks like it was built a year and a half ago and it was about as bad then as it is now. Which is to say it's ass.
>>
File: this shigguy.png (92 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
this shigguy.png
92 KB, 250x250
>>24819144
I hope you were in a rush and that your reading ability isn't representative of your intelligence. If you actually read beyond the first paragraph, I literally accounted for Char-X's EQ and Sylveon's way around Heatran.
>>
>>24819128
>complaining about legendaries

I remember being 10 too I guess...
>>
>>24818392
>battlespot
They have a duplicate item clause, by the way.

>>24819362
>Belly Drum is forever better than Choice Band.
Not really. Both are pretty good.
>>
Well this thread was a failure
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.