[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The dub fucking sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Kyogre.jpg (124 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Kyogre.jpg
124 KB, 1024x576
>http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/12/hoopa-and-the-clash-of-ages-airing-next-saturday-replaces-most-of-the-music
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 248x252
>>24817023
>The dub sucks
>>
they did the same shit with the diancie movie
>>
File: 1439399769587.png (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1439399769587.png
80 KB, 300x300
>>24817023

A bit late just like CN anon. It's already aired in two times dubbed and been established how terrible the dubbing was handled for a pokemon movie. Something we were already aware of too once the first dub teaser was shown.
>>
The Ashnime in general sucks. Who cares?
>>
>>24817023
>The dub fucking sucks
We've known this since 4kids couldn't dub it anymore, anon
>tfw for all the shit 4kids got, its Pokemon dubbing was miles better than TPCi's
>>
>>24817111
>tfw for all the shit 4kids got, its Pokemon dubbing was miles better than TPCi's
I'd disagree if it were a few years ago since the D/P dub was pretty decent. These days, though, I'm becoming continually disappointed with the delivery of some lines.

4Kids dub had its share of "eh" ("brother" in the Mewtwo movie was particularly cringeworthy), though I gotta give em props for putting a particular amount of effort into their music.
>>
File: snapshot20080810184745.jpg (37 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080810184745.jpg
37 KB, 512x384
The first 3 movies had entirely new scores written for them.
>>
>>24817132

The OST's for the first three movies were an improvement over the originals
>>
>There are people who get hype for ashnime movies.
>>
>>24817023
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/
Watch Hoopa’s Surprise Ring Adventures 3/6 and tell me what's wrong with it.
>>
>>24817143
Oh yeah, huh? I remember listening to the Entei movie's english-released music for hours on end because Misty vs Molly was so good

I also like how, despite multiple counts of international censorship, 4kids was relatively inclusive of some Japanese media, like with the ending song for Jirachi: Wishmaker.
>>
So, should I watch this? I don't generally watch any animu, but I like Hoopa.
>>
>>24817634
Wait for the sub. The Japanese home release is less than a week away.
>>
>>24817634
go ahead. I saw both versions. The dub doesn't change anything essential.
>>
File: 1431299557036.jpg (14 KB, 220x320) Image search: [Google]
1431299557036.jpg
14 KB, 220x320
>>24817641

except all of the audio. the voices and music are dramatically worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 914x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 914x693
>>24817672
>the voices
Significantly better than High-Pitched Jap #s 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 Babbling and Screaming A Lot Featuring Low-Pitched Jap Making Grunting Noises
I'll take the "chainsmoker" Natochenny over a voice so high it pierces your ears
You animefags always love to tout how Ash is so much more matured now, so how come he still has the voice of a little girl in the Jap version?

>the music
Every dub movie replaced the music, and nobody that isn't a raging weeaboo even cares about most of the garbage in the Jap soundtrack
There's like three songs sung by IDOLS in the Jap version
Who in their right mind actually unironically enjoys listening to idols
The dub theme is also significantly better than Shitter Bad Bad, the godawful cringeworthy Jap theme

If you want to listen to the original audio you can pirate the OST like you always do
Or not watch the dub at all like you also always do, not like anything either of us can do will affect the ratings in any way
>>
>>24817747
:^)
>>
>>24817747
but anon, animefags always think that generic japanese voice sounds better than a halfway decent dub.
>>
theres only a handful of dubs in the history of all anime that are actually worth watching
>>
>>24817772
>halfway decent dub
>TPCi dub
Pick one
>>
>>24817802
Eh, still better than having a grand total of maaaayyyybe 4 voices: Generic Hero guy, 6 year old girl, disgruntled old man, disgruntled old woman (for anime in general)
>>
4kids was terrible at dubbing the show, great at dubbing the movies. Hell they have yugioh emmy tier music
>>
File: what are birds.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
what are birds.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>24817747

>awkward soulless robot is better than actual inflection and emotion
>nondescript background noise that sounds like an 8 year old randomly tapping a soundboard better than orchestral renditions of the game's OST

Is an opinion this bad even possible
>>
>>24817998

And I mean shit it doesn't even end there. The OST is synched to the scenes giving everything more impact. It also doesn't play fucking constantly. The dub track has no timing or direction and is just constant noise.

Also, that awful nostalgia grab of an intro comes nowhere near any of the Jap openings.

Here's the usual comparison that tells you everything you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWP6PPV59ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6a7LbTeXV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BcZ0nCmxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWGlYQOyyw
>>
They've always done this. It sucks, but why is WPM going on about it still?
>>
>>24817023
The movie is garbage anyway, so whats the difference?
>>
>>24818024
There isn't any difference. Weebs just like getting up in arms over their shitty anime being slightly more shitty.
>>
>>24818026

watching the dub is like knowingly eating a candy bar made of shit when the real candy bar is right there. i'm sorry you prefer the taste of shit.
>>
>>24818032
>watching the dub is like knowingly eating a candy bar made of shit when a candy bar made out of vomit is right there

ftfy
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.