[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banish the Mewtwo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mewtwo.jpg (451 KB, 1738x803) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.jpg
451 KB, 1738x803
Fuck this card right here.

I feel that the new Mewtwo EX should actually be M Mewtwo and M mewtwo should have Mewtwo EXs abilities.

It's literally the best card in game and requires you to 1 hit Mewtwo EX in order to beat it as its damage swap ability in my oppinion is incredibly cheap for an EX card requiring only 3 energy to use when most EX cards require 4 eneregy to even have a close to similar damage effect. And the fact it only requires 1 energy to dish out 30x damage per psychic energy.

I can't wait for this card to be banned from standard. Why would they even make this card? It make every other deck obsolete. And i usually just auto surrender when i see that card or mega mewtwo in in a mulligan.

What the hell were they thinking when they made this card? Cheesy as fuck.
>>
>best card
>weak to night march
>>
First off there's a tcg general for your dumb shit opinions.

Second no one plays M-Mewtwo because it's weak to Night March.

Third no one plays Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies which is better than either Mewtwo EX from Breakthrough.

Fourth no one plays that Mewtwo EX anyway because there's no good way to accelerate psychic energy, everyone plays the Photon Wave Mewtwo.

Fifth TPCi doesn't just ban cards for no reason.

And sixth you're a fucking idiot OP.
>>
>>24814835

Are you talking about expanded? Because i was referring to Standard. You must not be on the TCGO recently because half the decks in VS mode and in tournaments are all Mewtwo decks. So maybe all that bullshit you typed would of been relevant a couple months ago.
>>
>>24814889
I play the physical card game. In all the cities I've been to this season that were standard M-Mewtwo decks didn't top. Steve Guthrie won Indianapolis with Mewtwo/Zoroark but his success isn't the norm.

And auto losing to Night March is a death sentence for most decks.

Source: me, a Mewtwo player
>>
Isn't T1 like yveltal, vespi, march, kinda shit right now? Don't those decks just kinda dunk on this shit?

Yeah, this'll dunk on slow decks, but afaik it gets shit on by meta right now. The cards aren't even THAT good for Pokemon standards.
>>
mewtwo BKT is shite and mewtwo Y is mediocre

only time they should have just fucking banned something was NXD mewtwo which was a horrendous mistake
>>
>>24814908
Well im talking about the online game obviously and hardly anyone uses the photon wave mewtwo cuz honestly it sucks compared to damage change. Unless it gets 1HKOed and has 3 energy stacked on it. It's gunna sweep a whole deck because it just swaps the damage counters. Which is much more useful than a 2 energy cost 30 damage ability that reduces incoming damage by 30. The breakthrough mewtwo is by far the most OP card in the game right now.

And night march isn't just one card. It's a whole deck built around one single strategy. And sure there can be decks that can be made to get around damage change. But night march in general is a really good deck combo. But for standard play in VS mode and in tournaments. The breakthrough mewtwo combos people are using right now is a real bitch to deal with.
>>
>>24814934
Yveltal is still gimmicky because it needs to successfully get out Gallade to compete with Manectric, another really good and popular deck. Mewtwo, assuming it doesn't brick, can outpace Yveltal since it takes more energies for Yveltal to OHKO Mewtwo than the other way 'round.

Vespiquen struggles because of Parallel City and high HP making OHKO's difficult whereas Mewtwo just needs the one DCE to pick off bees

Night March is auto loss
>>
>>24814945
It seems to me you just started playing, perhaps that's why you're playing shitters playing M-Mewtwo wrong. Psychic Infinity M-Mewtwo doesn't care which Mewtwo EX you run. But pairing it with psychic energy is bad because metal, fairy and dark are all way better meaning you kind of have to run the bad Mewtwo EX.

Basically git gud
>>
>>24814938
NXD mewtwo isn't much different than Lugia EX. Aero ball is the exact same attack. And lugia is harsh over played right now and has pretty much replaced NXD mewtwo.
>>
>>24814965

yes it may not be much cop now but it was absurd back at release, only topped by Darkrai-EX who was literally the only thing worth playing back in DEX
>>
>>24814958
I wasn't saying M mewtwo is good. Im saying that the damage change ability should of been on M mewtwo instead of on Mewtwo EX breakthrough. The ability itself is incredibly OP. As it applys damage counters instead of doing direct damage it negates a lot of abilities and attacks that trigger only on damage. Which is retarded as fuck for an EX pokemon that only need 3 energy to sweep a team.
>>
>>24814983

bait
>>
>>24814976
i agree with this. Back in the day it was the most over used EX card.
>>
File: 20151203_165901~2.jpg (733 KB, 2560x1134) Image search: [Google]
20151203_165901~2.jpg
733 KB, 2560x1134
>>24814812
Be salty my friends
>>
>>24815009
The full art looks nice but that card is still an abomination.
>>
>>24814983
The damage change ability is never used because psychic is trash, the Mega's attack is better, and no one plays Shrine of Memories.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>24815009

Seconded, let us both spread the salt.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.