[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so sick of all the fucking negativity on this board,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1406306435801.png (247 KB, 539x500) Image search: [Google]
1406306435801.png
247 KB, 539x500
I'm so sick of all the fucking negativity on this board, acting like gen 6 is over and can't redeem itself. We haven't even seen a single fucking thing about Z and you're already calling it a wash, or even suggesting we should skip right to gen 7. Clearly you're too fucking young to remember how awful DP was before Platinum.

The mechanics are in place, the engine is in place, all they need to do is refine the content and postgame. They are even giving themselves plenty of time to do that with a proper development cycle instead of a yearly release, and you still fucking bitch and moan like it's hopeless.

I know you think you're cool and clever setting your expectations low to protect your fragile ego from disappointment, but at least have the decency to give them a fucking chance to redeem themselves, instead of just dismissing it outright like a petulant child. Fuck.
>>
>>24813058
Hurrr, gen 6 will be alright, we just need to buy XY 2.0 when it's released, less than a patch worth of new content- for full price! It'll fix all the problems!
Only 2 games release in a generation, max. One, and a remake. The rest is just a rehashing, and if you have to rebuy the game two years later to make the generation good, then the generation was poor. End.
>>
>>24813113

Yes I'm sure Platinum fans will agree.
>>
>>24813116
But gen IV was shit too.
>>
>>24813058
DP before Platinum was HORRIBLE!
It was the only time in my life, since age six, that I quit enjoying Pokemon for a couple of years until the release of Platinum, which I bought a DS for and never regret it.
>>
you too
>>
/vp/ is dramatic tbqh.
>>
File: 1376405245421.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1376405245421.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>24813058
DP before Platinum was horrible, but it was just one game. We're already two games into Gen6. Pretty much everyone accepted XY was the lazy first entry when it came out... then we got ORAS too.
We need a decent effort or the gen will go down as one of the worst so far(if not the worst).
>>
>>24816128

HGSS came out after Platinum, so it had the benefit of copypasting Platinum's frontier. FRLG came out the same year as Emerald. ORAS came out a year after XY. It didn't have the same gap from the first game of that gen as the others, so it's not a good predictor of anything.
>>
>>24816128
my heart melted
>>
I enjoyed Y more than Pokemon Pearl; all XY needed was rematchable E4 and Diantha with full teams and upped levels, and a Post-game facility like Frontier or PWT.
I'm mostly just worried Z won't happen or they'll cut corners again and do the bare minimum with Z.
Would like to see GF do something different again like a sequel or a 6.5 gen. Hell the possibility of a Gen 7 which has Kalos as post-game would be fine by me. I'd be disappointed if they just left Kalos in the dust.
>>
Gen 6 has overall been pretty good to me.

the pokemania really wore off on me around gen 3, DP didn't do much to bring it back, BW just turned me off from Pokemon altogether, but XY brought me back and got me psyched about pokemon again even at 21.

But I think GF took a real gamble with all the new additions such as megas and fairies, and risked megas and the new typing being discarded as a bunch of gimmicks to keep Pokemon on life support, but it's mostly been well received and I'm happy for that.

also now it's finally possible to make competitive pokemon without the pure frustration of it back in Gen IV/V.

I dunno I personally like Gen VI. and if Z does a lot to expand on the Kalos map like B2W2 did with Unova I'd be satisfied all the same.
>>
>>24813058
Quoted for the fucking truth, anon.
>>
File: vp waits for train.jpg (45 KB, 599x598) Image search: [Google]
vp waits for train.jpg
45 KB, 599x598
>>24813058
word, anon. though i wouldn't say it's negativity, but more like newfag trying to fit in
>>
>all this DP hate
>Platinum is DP with frontier
>but muh slow
I'm still enjoying DP nowadays, never buyed Platinum. I'm the choosen one, once again fags ;-)
>>
Don't be so negativ OP.
Gen 6 was great so far. XY is awesome and ORAS is nice if you liked Ruby and Saphire (which I didn't) but it is objectively good, tho.
>>
File: Zygarde-Formes2.png (228 KB, 651x451) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde-Formes2.png
228 KB, 651x451
>>24813058
>We haven't seen a single fucking thing about Z
Not that I disagree with you in general, but you are sligtly wrong. Everything in pic related is related to Z in some way. They aren't just for the anime, bar Ash-Greninja (though it is in Picross so it might be in Z).

But overall, I agree. Gen VI has been fine so far, there are just a few things that need to be tweaked to make it better. I welcomed Fairy Type Pokemon, I adore Mega Evolutions, and overall the games are great. There just needs to be some revisions.

As for the board in entirety, most of what you'll see are from underage kiddies thinking they're big and bad because their on an 18+ site. The majority of the fanbase is on edge waiting for Z, and they think it's "cool" to gripe about something they shouldn't have overhyped in the first place.
>>
The final mainline game(s) of Gen 6 will determine how much I'll care about mainline Pokemon as soon as my break is over.
>>
File: 97.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>24816268
>>Platinum is D/P with frontier
It fixed the regional dex, fixed the order of the gym leaders, gave some variety to the leader's teams (only 2/5 of Flint's Pokemon were fucking Fire-type in D/P, what the fuck), fixed the story, cleaned up a lot of areas that looked plain, move tutors, the list goes on. I enjoyed D/P but not only is saying D/P is better than Platinum just flat out wrong, but saying Platinum was shit is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>24816268
missing out desu
if you haven't played Platinum you basically haven't played Gen4 it's that much improved
>>
>>24813058
People are fucking retarded: Gen 6 was a huge improvement to the series.

Go back to playing your old games and you'll find they haven't aged so well.
>>
>>24816268
tfw i also enjoyed DP

>what if we all just respected another's opinion, since every one is entitled to their own opinion and just because you don't like someone else's doesn't mean you have to shit all over it

am I hoping for too much here guys
>>
When gen 7 comes out these same faggots won't stop shitposting about how good gen 6 was.
>>
>>24813058
>chance to redeem themselves
26 years. They should have learnt already how to make a proper pokémon game. Now fuck off.
>>
Finally someone being positive on this board :) I stopped playing Pokemon after ruby and sapphire and skipped DP & BW ... Then gen 6 got me back into the franchise I once loved as a kid. Just seeing my favourite Pokemon in full 3D was a kid's dream come true, I am 24 now and impatiently awaiting Z.
>>
File: Seelofapproval.png (42 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Seelofapproval.png
42 KB, 200x150
>>24813058
Quality post, OP
>>
>all these niggers in this thread complaining about a Pokémon game
>as they're playing it

"I'm not fat it's just genetics I swear!"
>>
>>24813058
Aww shut up and get to shaking those burdy hips,
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.