[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is it. We've reached the end of the generation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 16
File: corocoro1162.jpg (141 KB, 760x492) Image search: [Google]
corocoro1162.jpg
141 KB, 760x492
So this is it. We've reached the end of the generation.

Regardless of when the third game of the gen comes out next year, volcanion's reveal means we're done. Just think- in less than one years time (at the end of the XY3 movie) we'll see our first gen 7 pokemon. In one year's time we'll be hyping about its movie.

One year is a while and all, but it feels odd that we've reached this point already. Gen 6 has just felt so short, lacking in content.

It also has felt kind of empty of discussion- lacking in proper speculation about lore etc, because Kalos' background was so half-baked and shallow, and we've had no idea what shit gamefreak was going to pull. The only speculation we've had all the way through is about when the next games would be released.

Regardless of how good z/whatever is, I think gen 6 will be a disappointment overall.
>>
>>24813001
The ride hasn't ended, sonny. We still have AZ Floette. :^)
>>
File: punkyxmas.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
punkyxmas.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
If theres no Z then can we state Gen 6 to be the worst generation yet?

Unless Z salvages it. I don't even hate the gen but this isn't subjective, gen6 has little going for it. It couldn't even pull a consistent framerate.
>>
>>24813001
>in less than one years time (at the end of the XY3 movie) we'll see our first gen 7 pokemon
didn't happen for gen 6
>>
>>24813004
Isn't that just on par with the celebration vivillion? It's just a different coloured floette which at most will trigger a text dump with AZ if we think about how fucking lazy this gen's events have been.
>>
Yeah, idk. Part of me hopes that gen 6 is over, but there's still plenty of time for Pokemon Z to be announced, which means another year of this. I'd be a lot happier with this situation if GF actually knew how to balance things. Unfortunately it's pretty clear they don't.
>>
>>24813018
We saw a new pokemon. Trevenant.
>>
>>24813001

>less than a year

are you retarded?

they haven't even announced Z. it won't come out until late next year at least, and then it'll be at least another year before any news.

i want fucking idiots to leave.
>>
>people screaming for a new game for like 8 months now
>b-b-but ORAS has so much content!!
>>
File: laughing girl.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laughing girl.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>24813001
>Gen 6 has just felt so short, lacking in content.
The emphasis on new megas at the cost of new features (which were present, but not very impactful) ought to cause this.

And I doubt a third game can make that much of a difference, not with GF new policy: "we need to reclaim the youngest generation of Japanese children".
>>
>>24813022
But still, that it hasn't yet been revealed means that this gen is not yet over.
>>
>>24813030
Are you... new?
Do you not know how things work around here?
>>
>>24813013
let's see, i liked XY and hated ORAS

i'd put it on par with gen V then, which means it was pretty fucking bad
>>
>>24813001
its hapening too son. gen 7 is gonna be an even worse mess of a rushed product than gen 6. please for the love of jesus just give them time to fucking work
>>
>>24813001
Mythical Pokemon are hardly a viable indicator of when the gen's going to end anymore. Gen 6 introduced Mega Evolutions which generate waaaay more hype than Mythicals ever did (with the sole exception of Mew I guess). If they need to have kiddies and neckbeards hyped for their next rehash they'll just shit out another 20-30 of those things, lock the next official tournament under the new games only rule and be done with it.
>>
>>24813041
I wonder what happened to Masuda's plan of shortening the development time to one year. My headcanon tells me the dev team rebelled and/or talked Masuda out of it but we'll probably never know. Either way, I'm very glad the policy never came to fruition.
>>
File: 1432306946640.jpg (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1432306946640.jpg
6 KB, 224x225
>>24813046
Comparing Gen V and Gen VI and saying they're both "as bad" is either baiting or being honestly stupid.
Gen VI had piss poor content, barely any story, MUH MEGAS GUYZ, a shit and rushed region (it started alright for the first, say, four towns and then all of them suddenly took back the old style of having square houses juste placed there in the grass/mud. Compare Aquacorde to Camphrier for exemple), and so many other things that it got wrong.
Gen V had the most polished games of the franchise and if you seriously played the game, you can feel it. Every little thing has care put into it and there are so many details and so much content. And the story, while not great if you compare it to most other video games stories, is the most developped of the series and still keeps a good balance between scenario and freedom.
Yet people will still spit on it because "muh Grimer design was so much better than Trubbish D'x".
Gen V certainly didn't do everything right, but Gen VI did everything wrong.
>>
>>24813001
>acking in proper speculation about lore etc, because Kalos' background was so half-baked and shallow
You're retarded. Lore wise, XY and ORAS are in abundance. Its just that a lot of you faggots didn't see this because you were too busy riding the /VP/ bandwagon calling both of them shit
>>
>>24813001
Gen 6 will still last over 20 months.

How the fuck is this "the end of the generation"?
>>
>>24813083
You're baiting yourself
>>
Can anyone tell me, compared to other gens how far along we would be right now? Like if this was Gen3, starting from the Japanese release of RS and the worldwide release of XY, would we know about Emerald and XD yet?
>>
>>24813001
I don't think Gen 7 is that close on the horizon, I expect a Z.

But man, if we don't get Z, Kalos is going to forever be the worst region.
>>
>>24813104
Gen 3's not a good indicator because its release schedule was different than any other gen with FRLG and Emerald coming out in the same year and the long 2 year wait until DP.
>>
>>24813088
We've passed every milestone but one.
>all event legends revealed
>remakes are out
>final event legendary film is on the way.
>We know z is on the way, it's just a matter of when
We literally only have a rehash of XY to look forward to now. The generation has very little else to offer.
>>
>>24813104
This post was me but I looked it up myself.

Emerald was close to 2 years after RS. XD was another year after. So we would have Emerald by now if this was Gen3. Let that be a comparison for Gen6.
>>
>>24813121
>So we would have Emerald by now
Yeah, and we would have to wait two years for a new main game.

It's not a good comparison.
>>
>>24813088
>>24813120
Even the anime is heading towards the end. Ash has 7 badges already. You are kidding if you think there's 2 years of content there.

The idea that we might not get another game has to be seriously considered.
>>
>>24813070
While on the topic of headcannons regarding the dev team, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Nintendo gave GF a stern talking about quality of ORAS (sales notwithstanding) which made them extend the development process of the next game, hopefully to make it a more full-fledged title.
>>
>>24813104
>>24813121
Every gen has a different release schedule. As much as you'd like to make a muh patterns comparison between them, none of them match each other.
>>
>>24813126
>The idea that we might not get another game has to be seriously considered
Are you retarded
>>
>>24813129
Wasn't there that rumor that Satoru Iwata hated it? Probably was a John Gamefreak troll but I think I read a rumor before the game came out, that he thought it was bad. Lets not forget the reviewers weren't allowed to talk about the endgame.
>>
>>24813126
>You are kidding if you think there's 2 years of content there
In X/Y's case, that was the purpose of the Decolora Islands. Get ready for filler hell, anon.
>>
>>24813029
that was after XY was revealed you goose
>>
>>24813132
>What is context
Are YOU retarded?
>>
>>24813001
I liked gen 6
>>
>>24813140
most of us did, ignore the vocal minority of shitposters
>>
>>24813126
>Ash has 7 badges already
Yeah man, I sure loved having Gold and Silver released right after he got the Volcano Badge in 1998 and having DP right after the Mind Badge in 2004.

Filler arcs? What are those?
>>
>>24813133
There's no chance we'll ever get any confirmation in that regard. Pokemon is a system-seller and any negative comments from top Nintendo people about it could only harm the business. The embargo on the end-game might have been either a cover-up or a simple way of preventing the players from being spoilered.
But I do like the idea of Iwata hating ORAS for the same reasons as the the old fanbase.
>>
>>24813137
>a retarded context excuses a retarded statement
wew lad
>>
>>24813146
>Filler arcs? What are those?
Unconfirmed is what they are.
muh hypotheticals. Of course they could extend it. They also could not.
>>
>>24813148
If you can't understand basic context like "not get another game" means "not get another game (within this gen)" just get off the internet before you misunderstand everything and hurt yourself.
>>
>>24813147
They flat out spoiled Delta Episode in Corocoro. It was obviously an attempt to damage control peoples negative reactions to finding no Frontier.
>>
People are so desperate for Z that they're flaming anyone who even suggests the possibility of it not existing.
>>
>>24813126
I don't watch the anime, but considering the XY games basically tell you right in your face that its sequel will be in a new region, they could easily add a whole new arc with that
>>
>>24813149
Your theory uses an arbitrary fact regarding the pacing of the current series of the anime as an indication that Gen 6 might not have another mainline game.

The same anime that has been bombarded with Gen 6-related content not currently present in any mainline game.

That sounds absolutely retarded.
>>
>>24813154
I dont think so. It would be just extremely weird and disappointing to find they have no will to even try to fix some of the gen 6 issues (mainly no real postgame) and most importanatly ignoring so many content of gen 6 that isnt in the games (Zygarde formes, Volcanion, Eternal Floette, unreleased moves etc). It would be like slap in the face

Sure people would be happy with new generation but once the initial hype would died down all the negative emotions about leaving gen 6 the way it is and ignoring the missing stuff would create a massive hate, even outside of vp
>>
>>24813156
>>24813158

There's nothing to say Kalos can't be gen7. Gen2 had Kanto. They could've moved development to NX even.
>>
>>24813153
Yeah, it was a really shitty move, but there's still a teeny tiny chance there was no ill intention behind it.
>>
>>24813154
it's incredibly, incredibly retarded to think that there won't be a final game on the generation like every other, especially after:

>we've seen the new fucking form
>we've seen Zygarde's hidden signature moves in the datamine
>eternal Floette exists but hasn't been revealed yet, and Ash Greninja is closely related to it
>all the hints in XY about a sequel
>>
>>24813154
There's nothing wrong with flaming mentally challenged children on the internet, anon.
>>
>>24813159
Floette could be another anime handout like the shinys.

This is just a theory but I have a feeling they are ditching Z and putting it's story in the anime instead, while moving to Gen7. It wouldn't be surprising if the Floette appeared in the anime and they had a serial code for it.

I agree that Z was probably planned at some point. The reason I think it isn't now, is that we just haven't heard of it. I mean we literally have Z Tretta and shit but no Pokemon Z game. At first I thought they might've been delayed in showing it for some reason but I'm starting to think it just doesn't exist.
>>
>>24813164
All that shit can be in Gen7.
>>24813160
>>
File: neckbeard-teenager[1].png (455 KB, 595x622) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-teenager[1].png
455 KB, 595x622
>>24813168
>>
File: 1442612580111.png (151 KB, 309x239) Image search: [Google]
1442612580111.png
151 KB, 309x239
>>24813172
>stuff in the XY/ORAS game files
>gen 6 legendary
>related to gen 7
just stop posting
>>
Is AZ Floette in ORAS too?

I know there is that flower in Sootopolis, but I mean is it playable like XY?

I can only really see them doing them as events and calling it a day on the gen.
>>
>>24813175
>what is regigigas
Pretty embarrassing post there, to be honest.
None of that is implausible, you shouldn't dismiss it just because you don't like it.
>>
>>24813170
>This is just a theory but I have a feeling they are ditching Z and putting it's story in the anime instead, while moving to Gen7. It wouldn't be surprising if the Floette appeared in the anime and they had a serial code for it.

But Eternal Floette isnt just some minor form. It has a lot better stats than the regular one, it has super powerful unique move and it has lore behind it. Its not like "Serena's Fennekin" or some other unimportant event.

Also i could imagine one pokemon being pushed to the anime but so many? Zygarde formes, Ash-greninja (whatever is behind tgis concept), Volcanion and Eternal Floette? Thats not going to happen. There's too many of them to just ignore them
>>
>>24813178
AZ Floette will be an event handout, I can smell it. It doesn't even make sense for him to give it away in the game, it's his beloved Pokemon.
>>
>>24813170
>they are ditching Z and putting it's story in the anime instead
I feel the only reason they're doing that is because the "third" game ISN'T going to be Z, but something like XZ and YZ with some new Xerneas and Yveltal forms as cover legends.

So by giving Zygarde all this attention and promotion now, the can make up for best snake not getting his own game next year.
>>
>>24813181
That's why I believe Z was planned. I fully agree that that stuff hints at another game. Plus since when did they not have a "third version" of sorts? (BW2 is sort of a third version). The idea I'm thinking of is that they've ditched it for some reason.

That's why we still have all this shit floating around, like the Z Pokedex toy and Z Tretta. There was a Z in development. I think they will put these Pokes as events just to get rid of them then move on to Gen7.
>>
>>24813150
But that is why I called you retarded because you think we aren't getting Z
>>
>>24813184
That would be wishful thinking anon. Getting something akin to G/S, with Zygarde as the final prize at the end.

Nope, we're gonna get a shit rehash of XY's already shit plot, with a few locations they lopped out of the original games (powerplant etc) and that'll be that.
>>
>>24813180
>what is regigigas
a Pokemon that appeared in gen 4 and only gen 4?

it's plausible, but plausible in the same way that aliens are going to invade planet earth within the next week
>>
Man, I forgot how stupid AZ was till just now.

That was anime as fuck.
>>
>>24813180
This post is embarrassing. Regigigas wasn't in the Gen 3 files. Regigigas wasn't a gen 3 legendary. You can't catch Regirock, steel, etc. In gen 4.
>>
>>24813180
You could at least use the original dragon as an example. Your post would make some sense then.
>>
>>24813199
>You can't catch Regirock, steel, etc. In gen 4.
But you can.
>>
Remember me, /vp/?
>>
>>24813203
Of course I remember you, Anonymous.
>>
Gen7 will have some other region and then you'll go back to Kalos. I'm almost sure of it at this point.

The Strange Souvenir needs to be transferred to Gen7 somehow. anyway It makes sense to have a memory link style feature in order to transfer some crap over. But why have a memory link if it's a completely different region?

Gen7 could be next, like GSC to RBY.
>>
>>24813201
No you can't
>>
>>24813188
There's still not enough evidence to say they will scrap anything. Dont forget that megas exist and if there will be Zygarde game it will have new megas, including some legendary ones.

Im sure that if Kalos game ill be released it will have Z in its name (whether its just Z, XZ YZ or something else).

There's too many stuff left in gen 6 to ignore them. Just gen 7 next year wont happen. gen 7+6 leftovers (new region+Kalos): Maybe. Gen 6.5: maybe. But they wont abandon gen 6 like that, it wouldnt make any sense with the sales gen 6 is generating
>>
Does anyone have an info graph on when the other legendaries were revealed compared to their game's release, to the new starter/hints whatever about the newer gen and the like?
I know patterns but I'd still like to apply them here.
>>
>>24813126
We've seen the new zygarde form. Emerald-rayquaza, platinum-new giratina form, Bw2- new Kyurem forms
Do you seriously think we are getting a new zygarde form patched into ORAS or out of the games? Then you are retarded
>>
>>24813126
In BW, he had about 7 badges about 50 episodes in. Then it took another 100 to get to gen 6
>>
>>24813220
Don't you think it's a little strange that there is no Z yet? I mean where the fuck did it go? Z Tretta, Z toys, Z anime. But no game in sight.

>they wont abandon gen 6
I'm not convinced.

There's lots of reasons they might've. Even things like framerate issues. Maybe they just decided to build a new engine for NX instead of fixing their current shit. Maybe they decided to be jews and focus on Go since the trailer for it was popular with normalfags so they are devoting all their time to that.

Pokemon has been weird lately. So much f2p shit going on. No Frontier and gimped ORAS in general... is it really that much of a stretch that they cut the third version? I don't think it is.
>>
>>24813188
Why would they ever promote content from a game they've ditched?

They know fans have been expecting this game for months, they know the fans are expecting another generation after this game. They know that those two titles are going to sell like hotcakes.

So why the fuck would they scrap one of them and throw all of its contents to the other, basically turning what could have been 2 cashcows into just one? Not to mention that it would leave the fans who were expecting the game confused and angry, given how much they've been shilling Zygarde.

Say whatever you want about Nintendo, but they know how to be jewish. Unless GameFreak is bankrupt or something, Nintendo would never allow them to scrap a game in middle of development like that.
>>
>>24813022
AZ floette is completely different you moron, the stats and move pool are different as well as aesthetics
>>
>>24813224
>implying it has to be in the games
>implying it won't just be in the anime
man, you sure love using the word retard a lot though, expand your vocabulary imo
>>
File: regirock-ow.png (17 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
regirock-ow.png
17 KB, 256x192
>>24813217
Is your next post going to be something about you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>24813231
Because they are jews? all the reason you need.
Who cares what fans expected? Where is frontier that fans were expecting? Oh, nowhere.
You really think GF gives a fuck? They will make millions off of Go
>>
>>24813240
You completely missed the point of that post. Congratulations.
>>
>>24813230
Yes it is. You're really retarded.
>>
>>24813230
>Don't you think it's a little strange that there is no Z yet?
how new are you to this series, there is always roughly a 2 year gap between games at some point each generation
>>
>>24813230
Probably because
1) they decided to start the promotion very early on or
2) The game was delayed due to Pokemon GO. Remember when Masuda said they will work on its connection with the main series. Maybe thats what they're doing

Also the side games aside from GO dont matter because GF dont work on them. Plus Zygarde was announced for the movie in 2016 so its obvious that they'll at least intend to keep Zygarde hype till summer 2016.
>>
>>24813243
Nah. Just saying it's retarded doesn't make it so. Provide counterargument or stay quiet.
>>
>>24813230
>So much f2p shit going on. No Frontier and gimped ORAS in general
I fail to see how is any of that weird or unexpected. Or how does it even compare to something like a third game being completely ditched and made into anime-only shit until the next gen comes around.

I think people have taken the casual ORAS and f2p memes too seriously. They used to be just complaints and funposting, but now people treat them like the signs of the Apocalypse of something.
>>
>b-b-but they wouldn't do that
all I see in this thread
boy you people don't know when to quit. love is blind. you can't see what GF has become. they will put it in the anime and that will be that.
>>
>>24813238
You needed the movie Regigigas so without it you can't catch them.

Checkmate, faggot
>>
>>24813253
I think there's been enough posts in this thread proving why this dumb theory is wrong
>>
Well, at least Volcanion woke /vp/ out of its slumber.
>>
>>24813259
Exactly. They will have the movie Perfect Zygarde to help you catch the other Kalos legends in the Gen7 game. No Z for you.
>>
>>24813259
Amazing backpedaling and goalpost moving skills, anon. I see you're an expert on internet arguments.
>>
>>24813253
Because there isn't a third game.

Because Perfect Zygarde is a gen 6 legendary

Because Zygarde is the third member of it's respective main legendary trio

Because every fucking promotional material now has Z tacked on
>>
>>24813256
yes anon, gamefreak, the developer that does nothing except create mainline Pokemon games, is going to somehow decide that only the anime matters and they're going to take a vacation for a few years
>>
>>24813265
No backpadeling needed. Without a super specific Pokemon, the games wouldn't let you catch the Regis. Especially now that there is no possible way to get Regigigas movie version without hacking, cheating, or finding someone who does, so whoever plays Platinum now have no way of experiencing the Regis at all.

You can't catch them. Fuck off
>>
>>24813083
>make a passing comment about gen V being not that great
>a triggered unovabortion jumps out of the woodworks
every time

why are unovafags so autistic? no other fanbase does this
>>
>>24813231
ITT GF = TPC
>>
>>24813287
>no other fanbase does this
All fanbases do this.
>>
>>24813287
Have you ever seen any other fanbase? All of them do this.
>>
>>24813287
So you missed all the 200 page Hoenn threads that weren't even criticizing the games.

7/10 bait though, seasoned fisher.
>>
>>24813001
there is always at least one movie about a Pokemon from the next generation (Lugia, Lati@s, Lucario, Manaphy, Zoroark, MegaMewtwoY)

so unless there will be a Gen 7 Pokemon with an important(!) role, we have to wait for the next Movie
>>
>>24813278
I see you're obstinate about this, so let's go back to the beginning.

>>24813199
>Regigigas wasn't in the Gen 3 files.
Correct
>Regigigas wasn't a gen 3 legendary.
>Correct
>You can't catch Regirock, steel, etc. In gen 4.
Incorrect.

Then, my response was
>>24813201
>>You can't catch Regirock, steel, etc. In gen 4.
>But you can.
Which is correct.

Your original post never mentioned nothing about "needing Regigigas to catch the other regis in Gen 4", which is correct indeed. It simply said that you couldn't catch the regis in Gen 4. And this has been thoroughly proved to be wrong.

Your post also didn't mention anything about the current state of Gen 4. So, although it's correct that neither Regigigas nor the Regis are currently available in Gen 4 games without trade or Pal Park, that remains irrelevant for your original post, as well as for my first reply.
>>
>>24813328
This is the movie, it has perfect Zygarde which will be in Gen7
>>
>>24813332
>perfect Zygarde which will be in Gen7
And in the next Gen 6 games
>>
File: 1441237404302.png (3 MB, 990x1916) Image search: [Google]
1441237404302.png
3 MB, 990x1916
>>24813337
What Gen6 games? Oh anon, your still at the denial stage.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>24813133
sounds like a gossip at best

i heard the japanese absolutely hated it though
>>
File: 1310428349083_0.png (194 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1310428349083_0.png
194 KB, 500x333
>ONLY 71 POKEMON
>>
>>24813361
>What Gen6 games?
X2 and Y2, anon.

Are you ready for Mega Xerneas to be banned from AG?
>>
I don't get it, isn't the corocoro leaks supposed to be released at 15 december?
>>
>>24813087
This.
Even more than any previous gen.
>>
>>24813013

Yeah, if theres no 3rd game, I think this is the worst gen BY FAR.
>>
>>24813376
No, the magazine is. The leaks always come a few days earlier.
>>
>>24813087
XY lore is pretty uninteresting, though. Everything is either made too vague (like the sundial), or are just historical events and places.

As for ORAS, it probably has the deepest lore in the entire series, thanks to Sea Mauville.
>>
>>24813396
> Sea Mauville
>deepest

>sea
>deepest

hue hue hue
>>
>>24813400
This is 9gag tier and you should feel ashamed.
>>
>the Sugimori looks better than the model
???
>>
>>24813306
>>24813310
>>24813313
fan of other generations might call you a faggot or accuse you of having a shit taste, but they generally don't go on autistic tirades about how gen X is the best thing to ever happen for reasons Y and Z

with unovabortions it happens pretty much all the time I noticed

i guess it must come with the brain defect of unironically liking the worst region
>>
Let me think.. In terms of hints and things being left alone we have
>AZ Floette
>The thing the backpacker gives
>the town you can see from victory road
>Anistar in general
>ZYGARDE
>it's two moves
>puni-chan from the anime
>Ash Greninja
>the extra pentagon slot
>powerplants
>couriway train
>volcanion doesn't have another forme/mega
>maybe the Rhydon race track
>closure for the ghost girl
>lack of any proper battle place, especially when GF hinted its coming soon in oras

What am I missing?
>>
>>24813083
>baits while playing the pseudo baited victim
fuck off, glad gen 6 saved pokemon from the stagnation
>>
>>24813455
>the extra pentagon slot
two slots actually

we're either getting a dual release ala BW2 or one of them is occupied by Go

>maybe the Rhydon race track
i've been wondering about that one too

the way it's portrayed in-game makes it sound like another scrapped feature, like Soaring or Pidgeotite in XY

hopefully they haven't entirely forgotten about it yet
>>
So much for the 20th anniversary.
>>
File: 1281219403594.jpg (29 KB, 272x299) Image search: [Google]
1281219403594.jpg
29 KB, 272x299
>>24813453
>that victim complex
>that 'us vs them' mentality
Is everything okay, anon? Where did that awful gen 5 fan touch you?
>>
>>24813510
I touched his ass with my strap on
>>
>>24813488
>They made it possible to release new games, which means we'll get new games for sure!

Yeah, ok. Muh patterns, etc.
>>
>>24813126
league = end of generation
battle frontier
episode N + delocore islands
>>
>>24813013
Pokemon design wise, it's probably my favorite ever. But game wise, yeah it sucked shit.
>>
>>24813001
If there's hope, maybe Tomy will release new Kalos pokemon.
>>
>>24813126
>mfw if Z game ever happens is going to be based on the anime
>>
>>24813396
>not linking XY lore to OR/AS lore
>>
>>24813013
Yep, but if there is and it's far better than the other games we've had this gen then Generation 4 is still the worst.
>>
All this denial in this thread, gen6 is over
>>
File: Like a fuckin' orange.jpg (77 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Like a fuckin' orange.jpg
77 KB, 500x347
This month we get Volcanion being officially announced.
Next month, we'll get Movie Details and a possible tease at Mega Volcanion or whatever the fuck it'll get.
February will hopefully be when we actually see Z-related News.
>>
>>24813699
>February will hopefully be when we actually see Z-related News.
Yeah, just like how we were hopefully going to see it at E3.... or the World Championships.... or Pokenchi.... or this month's CoroCoro.
>>
>>24813703
anyone expecting the game to be revealed from June-December was always setting themselves up for disappointment, games are always announced in the first half of the year and released in the second half
>>
>>24813278
Fuck dude just admit you're wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 640x853
ORAS were enjoyable games that added enough polish to the original content to feel refreshing, they just felt incredibly lazy and anemic compared to XY

GF built an entire 3D engine from the ground up for the first time in their history which made the scant content in XY feel forgivable, but the amount of things missing from ORAS despite a few nice additions felt like a real slap in the face considering how many liberties HGSS took to create a polished and properly finished experience based on some of the pretty primitive material in GSC

Hoenn is an incredibly evocative region and despite a lot of good visual design choices in ORAS it felt squandered on a game that was over in half the time it takes to finish a standard title

This gen has brought a lot of cool interesting things to the table and has resulted in arguably the best looking Pokémon games since HGSS after a few aesthetic nightmares during Gen V, but the lack of meaningful and rewarding content along with an increasingly unbalanced metagame has meant the first games in the series that finally feel visually and technically up to speed with the rest of the games industry are going to in hindsight be remembered mainly for their missed potential
>>
>>24813734
>a few aesthetic nightmares during Gen V
Examples please
>>
File: 1422673463610.png (104 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1422673463610.png
104 KB, 399x388
>>24813001
Just woke up at 2.30PM on fucking saturday... the day was going fine until I saw this fucking shit.

>revealing shit that was datamined 2 years ago as it was new
GameFreak
a
m
e

F
r
e
a
k
>>
I don't lurk /vp/ much, but what if there's an emerald instead of a Z? What if it had battle frontier and volcanion is part of team magmas plot
>>
>>24813871
I don't think want more Hoenn games. I mean, this is gen 6, not gen 3.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6245044
>>
>>24813871
>the Delta Emerald meme is still alive
For what purpose?
>>
>>24813883
Go strawpoll your ass.
>>
>>24813881

I gave up on Pokemon delivering what I wanted years ago.

>>24813884

Pls no bully. I've been bored with Pokemon for awhile so I haven't been around. Guess I'll just lurk more
>>
>>24813885
How about I insert a dildo up yours
>>
>>24813883
Speaking of strawpolls, I remember the one about CoroCoro that was floating around /vp/ some days ago, where "movie news" was the one with less votes out of all the options.

And considering how pretty much all CoroCoro leaks in december have been about movies in the last years, it shows how deluded /vp/ is. Or maybe they just like to get BTFO.
>>
>>24813897
Ok?? Why would I dislike that.

I think strawpolling one's ass would be a lot more painful.
>>
>>24813835
>data mining and then complaining about shit being revealed to the public

As someone who thought Volcanion would never be available and that GF would forget like they did with Azure flute, im hype
>>
>>24813004
Right. Just like Gen 4 didn't end until we got the Azure flute and Hall of Origins.
>>
>>24813999
>>24814016
Arceus was still released in another event of the same gen. I know what you mean but it would be beyond retarded for them to simply bury an entire pokémon species because "it's too complicated".
>>
>>24813999
>thinking they would skip over an entire Pokemon like they did a single item
>Arceus in Gen IV wasn't even skipped over, only the Azure Flute
Holy shit you're an idiot.
>>
>>24813022
it's bst is 1 lower than florges, and it can't evolve
>>
>>24813488
It was two slots before ORAS, now there is only one.
>>
>>24813175
what about lucario and shellos/gastrodon?
>>
>>24813758
Everything looked like shit, especially the sprites that looked like they were having convulsions.
>>
>>24814284
What do you mean? They have nothing to do with gen 3
>>
>>24814172
>giving you a GOD over the counter in a pokemart is the same as going up the staircase to heaven
>>
>>24814283
No Gen 6 has 6 slots XY/ORAS/??.
>>
>>24814283
... No you retard. There were 6 slots. X
Y
OR
AS
???
???

The 6 slots were discovered from the ORAS Demo.
>>
>>24813013
Gen 2 is still the worst though.

Gen 3 at least had Emerald, which was god-tier, and FRLG, while garbage and genwun pandering, were far more than uh... Crystal?
Sure Crystal introduced a lot of stuff like Move tutors and battle tower but other than that, GS were mediocre in comparison to BW or even XY, Crystal was barely any better, and no remakes to speak of.

Gen2 had nothing. NOTHING. and 3 wasnt all that great either.
>>
>>24814245
>>24814172
I never implied that Arceus was never distributed.
I implied that the Azure Flute never came out, and theres a 99% chance Volcanion is behind a door that doesnt exist in the Power Plant in Kalos.

Which guarantees that we'll get access to it, in-game, in Z. Or we wont get it at all. an official CoroCoro reveal points to the former.
Volcanion wont be an Event 'mon.
>>
>>24813013
Yes.
No matter if you prefer shit like 1 or shit like 5, 6 will definitely be the worst so far.
It introduced game changing things like Fairys and Megas but that doesn't ultimately change much about the generation as a whole
>>
>>24814519

but gen 2 has the best designs. also crystal animations were the best until BW which is ridiculous
>>
>>24815571
>doesn't even know how to quote
>>
>>24814519
>Gen2 had nothing. NOTHING.

It introduced genders and breeding, shinies, night and day, daily events, held items, new types, and new evolutions.
It expanded a lot on Gen 1.
>>
>>24815686
>Didn't deserve a (You)
>>
>>24815715
Good job taking the bait.
>>
File: klk.jpg (3 KB, 124x96) Image search: [Google]
klk.jpg
3 KB, 124x96
>>24813013
I agree with this.
X&Y were way too easy to provide any thrill, and too much of a step down story from Gen V to be enjoyable.
ORAS could have been good if the difficulty was dramatically increased and the Battle Frontier had been present. Dexnav was really neat, flying on Lati@s was neat, and the extra lore was a respectable improvement over the fairly lackluster RS. The game is entirely salvageable because of this, but the lack of any challenge makes the main story boring, and the lack of an expandable postgame beyond a 10 minute Ride-To-Mega-Fug™ gives me nothing to look forward to upon forcing myself through the snore of a plotline. Really, the ONLY things ORAS would need to be good would be a Battle Frontier and about +10-20 levels to every enemy trainer's Pokemon, and full teams to Gym Leaders / E4 Members.
>>
>>24813126
Ash has beaten the league a few times before the next game was released. They make filler arcs for a reason.

iirc
The entire Orange Islands arc
After Hoenn, Ash went back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier.
BW had episode N
>>
>>24813013

Pretty much. I gave XY the benefit of the doubt because doing something big is very hard to expect from Gamefreak, but they did make IV breeding and Soft reseting for legendaries much less tedious (even though I'd just prefer if they got rid of IVs in general, but we know they won't so might as well take the second best option) but ORAS had no excuse being what it was.

>BUT MUH 1 YEAR

I've seen companies put more effort into video games with that much of a time frame and even less. And I'm sure Gamefreak has a near infinite budget and timeframe seeing how Pokemon is Nintendo's second best selling and highest grossing franchise, and is a multi-billion dollar franchise in itself.
>>
>>24813287

Except literally every infant fanbase does this, from Genwunners and Johtodders right down to Kalosperm and soon to be Bongzygotes (or whatever the new region+infancy stage will be called)

But that's mostly due to /vp/ being in a nuclear meltdown state from lack of news of the new mainseries games.
>>
>>24813001
what the fuck is up with its right eyebrow though
>>
>>24814526
>still thinking we'll find Volcanion behind the Power Plant doors when both the events in XY and ORAS have confirmed it to live in the wilderness
>>
File: The_End_of_Pokemon.jpg (56 KB, 508x675) Image search: [Google]
The_End_of_Pokemon.jpg
56 KB, 508x675
>>24813001
Thank god, this gen fucking sucked. they did nothing new and it even made pokemon worse. Its more for 2 year olds now then for 8.
x and y had shit content it was 99% old pokemon were you can get everything off the internet then ruby came out and it was the same shit all over. both had awful end games with shitty level 60 max trainers which made grinning a fucking chore every day. and even though its a game aimed at 10 year olds x/y was even MORE for kids , the random useless kid characters,the joke villains and plot. And to top it off we got the worst and most boring pokemon gen remade and not even its third game.
please lets just move the fuck on?
maybe add 16 fucking gyms again?
maybe do something out of the the box and add two areas, you know like what you did 20 years ago?
put some fucking effort into creativity?
>>
>>24816057
>I've seen companies put more effort into video games with that much of a time frame and even less.

such as?
>>
>>24816112
And dont forget their own game getting 2 fps, even though its a fucking nintendo first party and its a turn based game. While we have monster hunter 4 online.
What the fuck game freak.

Really am I the only one who thought this whole 3ds gen was awful? Can we go back to having 10 year olds with baseball caps flipped backwards at least?
>>
>>24816126
>Can we go back to having 10 year olds with baseball caps flipped backwards at least?

Only if I can make him black and choose his clothes.
>>
>>24813013
yep

even megas couldn't do shit to save it
>>
>>24814016
>tfw we will never, ever get closure on ??? Arceus
>>
>>24813001
This is enough to make me doubt gen 7 in all aspects considering how shit 5 and 6 are
>>
>>24814519
>Gen 2 is still the worst though.
>actaul like gen 3, the whole fucking reason we got the same game 50 times in a row.
gen 3 was complete shit.
gen 2 was the last thing to have soul and actual it was the top of creativity for gamefreak, game design wise and idea wise.
gen 3 went fucking backwards and was fucking boring.
>>
>>24813126
>7 badges
>Team Flare shit going on like in the games
Not even fucking close
>>
>>24813001
senpai you forgot me!

FOUR YEAR GEN
O
U
R

Y
E
A
R

G
E
N
>>
>>24813418
Everytime.
>>
>>24813013
>If theres no Z then can we state Gen 6 to be the worst generation yet?
No, gen 2 and gen 4 still exist.
>>
>>24816625
>Gen V is bad meme
Hang yourself.
>>
>>24819291
>I have shit taste so anyone with good taste is a meme
>>
>>24817052
You'll get given that at a pokemart some time in 2016. That's all. You think it'll get its own movie?
>>
>>24813083
Don't expect intelligent thought from /vp/. These are the same people that unironically think that Gen II and Gen IV was bad.
>>
Christ, I know /vp/ is full of underagefags, but you seriously think Z is not going to come out? You think just one year of no news means Pokemon is dead? Did you forget that a Pokemon game was just released, almost a year ago?

In almost every generation, there has always been a year with no new main series Pokemon game. Nothing in 2007, nothing in 2011. People might forget that, because 2007/2011 was when the games were released in English.

Z is going to come out in 2016. News about Z will come out a few months before it releases. Like always.
>>
>>24820595
>being this desperate
>>
>>24819104
I honestly think we can come to the conclusion that even-numbered generations are pretty lackluster in terms of the games themselves.

So hey, I might as well get hype for Gen VII. If they start to simplify the crap they've thrown in over the years like they said, focus on providing a decent story and lore like BW and what was hinted through ORAS, and then keep up the quality of Pokemon of XY, then we're good.
>>
>>24813013
Worst games, best anime.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.