[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your festive feud going so far? I won 2 matches against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: Throh used Wide Guard..jpg (97 KB, 600x260) Image search: [Google]
Throh used Wide Guard..jpg
97 KB, 600x260
How's your festive feud going so far? I won 2 matches against a Mega Charizard and a Mega Gardevoir so far, but lost the 3rd match against a Mega Venusaur and a Pachirisu that managed to paralyze half my team and then got lucky with RNG.
>>
I won 4 and lost 1, learned the hard way that Dark Void gives no fucks about Wide Guard
>>
>>24808772
Yeah, japs and their smeargles... I usually lead with Meowstic and another priority mon for that reason, but Smeargle cant even be swaggered and thunder wave only does so much...
>>
I have' finalized my team yet. The only ones I have so far are Tyranitar, Togekiss, and Smeargle.

>>24808904

Can't Meowstic-M learn Taunt?
>>
>>24808929
>Have'
*Haven't
>>
>>24808929
>Can't Meowstic-M learn Taunt?
Im not gonna sacrifice dual screens, swagger and t-wave for taunt which isnt all that useful in those fast paced matches.
>>
>>24808952
>Dual Screens, Swagger, and T-Wave.
>On the same 'mon.
>No attack to prevent yourself from being Taunt bait on the first turn.

Holy shit, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
I'm currently 3-1 with my sun team. I've faced 2 M-Gardevoirs and 2 M-Tttar.

Why not share some replays?

KBJW WWWW WW37 S5AZ
>>
>>24808972
People just dont run taunt in an all out offensive game mode, and if I see a taunt user I swagger him right away and pray for RNG anyway. You have put a few speed EVs in your prankster users, haven't you?
>>
>>24809046

Yep, but I research what the standard Speed EV placement is and I adjust mine so that my Prankster 'mons always outspeed my opponents Prankster 'mons (unless it's Thundurus, then I just let the RNG do its thing).
>>
>>24809046
I haven't faced anyone using taunt yet, but i've seen tailwind whimsicott everywhere it's as common as tyranitar.

My Tyrantrum has been able to DD and kill everything beacuse no one expects DD in a triple battle.
>>
3-3 here.
My first event of this type though, and my first competitive experience as well, so my team is shit and there's no real structure behind it.
>>
>>24808979
That is one unconvetional team, though such a big focus on sunlight in a tournament where Despotar is one of only 3-4 viable megas is a big risk. But that Porygon2 would have saved your day.

This one was a pretty close match:
N8LG-WWWW-WW37-TBU7
>>
>>24808904
I faced scarfed Smeargle paired with Quick Guard/Safeguard Mewostic and Bravest Bird today. Good luck beating that with your prankster.

>>24808772
Wide Guard doesn't block spread status moves. Very misleading (and disappointing) considering that Quick Guard stops all kinds of priority.
>>
I went 3-0, but I'm done. I forgot to put a Mega Stone on my Tyranitar, so I'm not really interested in playing further now that I earned the prize (was there a certain amount of games you had to play anyway?).

My team was: Tyranitar (Supposed to be Mega but forgot item), Slurpuff, Talonflame, Whimsicott, Tyrantrum, and Gallade.

Slurpuff was MVP. Sweet Veil fucked over Smeargles and it didn't have the rock weakness Togetic and Togekiss do.
>>
>>24811641
>Was there a certain amount of games you had to play anyway?

Yep, you had to play a minimum of three matches.

But I can't remember if it was for the entire tournament or per tournament day...
>>
Everybody uses intimidate Scrafty, which I think should be yellow instead of red. Talonflame is common. Dark Void in 25% of my matches. Trick Room of all things in 40%. One Regigigas so far. Gardevoir is also common, so is Amoongus and pranksters. I already met teams that have 2 or 3 of my team (Gallade, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Jellicent, Tyrantum, and Delphox).

I didn't read about pentagon only, and those were the only 6 that are battle ready that are colored red or green or white. Serebii didn't mention that in his generalization.

I hate Fake Out and Trick Room.
>>
So I've gotten my team together, but I'm still having trouble on deciding on 1-2 more
Pokemon.

So far, I have...

>Dark Void Smeargle
>Mega Tyranitar w/ Rock Polish (No access to Dragon Dance, unfortunately)
>ParaFlinch Togekiss
>SubSeed Whimsicott with Taunt or Encore.

And I have a Huge Power Sitrus Berry Azumarill and a Mega Metagross on standby until I finalize the team.
>>
>>24813015
With all the scizor and tyranitars running around, Togekiss isnt that good really. If you want a flying type against all those Amoongusses take Fiaro instead, but after my 10 games yesterday Ive to say Amoonguss isnt really very common.
Whimsicott really seems to be a great support in this one though, Im using Meowstic myself for screens and swagger, and Fiaro for Tailwind, but I feel 2 slots just for support (plus a wide guard Throh) are quite a commitment. Still won 7 out of 10 games though.
>>
File: 1428193675348.png (438 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428193675348.png
438 KB, 1280x720
>I beat Dark Void Smeargle
>>
File: 1409534368597.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1409534368597.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>24814192
>that moment when you realise it's a max speed DV smeargle with a Scarf and its too late
>>
>waited all this time for a triples competition
>haven't felt like playing Pokemon lately
god dammit
>>
Doing alright. Am presently 7-4, although only 1 of those 4 losses was legit. The other 3 was my internet cutting out, I was well ahead in the games at the time.

I'm using a Trick Room team. Haven't faced a Smeargle at all yet, been wondering about that.
>>
Running a Rain team. 13-2 so far, which is really good compared to some of my earlier competitions. Will do the rest of the battles tomorrow.

Unfortunately the person who sent me a Scraggy fucked up big time and instead of sending me an Intimidate Scraggy he gave me one of his Shed Skin ones. I locked my Battle Box before I even noticed. It's not all that bad though, it managed to save my ass a few times against DV Smeargle, Flame Body Volcarona and Will-O-Wisp users.
>>
>>24814192
>always have a Magic Coat user on the team, even when Magic Bounce users exist
>mfw always works because it's less predictable

noice
>>
Tyranitar standoff in the end, I was really afraid the opposite Tyranitar had Low Kick, but luckily it was paralyzed before I found out.

3DUG-WWWW-WW38-2GTJ
>>
So how common is Reflect and Light Screen? I haven't joined yet, but if they're common then I'll put Imprison on Meowstic first.
>>
>One of your Pokémon cannot participate.

Goddamn it.

>>24815185

Pretty fucking common, someone here already said there running dual screens.
>>
>>24815210
If that's the case I'll probably do something like
Dual Screens
Safeguard
Imprison

After that I'll just have to adjust EVs to outspeed other defensive Meowstics
>>
>>24815236
>No attacking moves.

Enjoy being Taunt bait.
>>
>>24815236
Imprison Meowstic fucked me over in a match today, made me switch out far too often. So go for it, with the amount of Meowstics and Whimsicotts running around it can be worth it.

>>24815246
13 matches in, still havent seen a single taunt. I said it yesterday already, taunt is not used very often in 3vs3 anyway for various reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 316x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 316x434
>>24815210 here, turns out the issue is Azumarill not being in any of the approved color groups.
>>
>>24815210
I was about to run a Simple Beam set up with Audino before finding out that pokemon isn't approved. Good thing that happened since Xatu is probably better for the job
>>
Good matchups for Abomasnow and Rotom Wash?
>>
>>24815314
Any grass type that doesn't WoW for Rotom and Bravest Bird for Obama
>>
>>24815314
Rotom-W is probably the biggest pain in the ass in this tournament. Amoonguss is basically non-existant, same with Venusaur, and 2 of three dominant megas and a lot of popular Mons are week to Hydropump and Thunder Wave.
>>
>>24815326

Isn't Whimsicott a threat? SubSeed+Giga Drain is a pretty nasty combo.
>>
where are all the spread moves, I didn't put this Wide Guard Regigigas on my team for nothing
>>
>>24815379
Most Ive seen ran something like tailwind, encore, worry seed, sometimes with a screen, rarely with giga drain. But even then they are most likely defensive and shouldnt do too much damage.
>>
>>24815379
subseed is ass outside of singles, Whimsicott is one of the best supporters however
>>
>>24815387
dunno, Dark Void has been pretty common for me :^)
>>
Bump.

Hold on, I'm posting my team in a minute...
>>
First Regigigas Ive seen so far, not doing too well though.

EHNG-WWWW-WW38-7ZHA
>>
>>24815387
>Opposing Smeargle used Dark Void
>Xatu's Magic Bounce bounced it back
Every time. I can't help but wonder why no one is using Xatu here. The Air Slash/Simple Beam/Roost/Ally Switch set I'm using has been really helpful
>>
well I'm finished, more triples comps please, it's fun as fuck
>>
>>24819271
I wanted to stay away from Flying types since I thought Tyranitar and other Rock Sliders would be very common.
>>
>>24808584

i just want the event delibird...but i missed contest registration... D:>
>>
>>24819511
To be fair, the tournament wasnt that fun. Triple battles are graphically more of a slide show, turns take forever, and many of my battles went the full length of 20 minutes. Also the variety of Pokemon was pretty lackluster, Scizor, Tyranitar and Talonflame in every team, joined by the obvious choices like Gardevoir, Charizard, Rotom, Politoed, Meowstic, Whimsicott, and a few rarer Mons.
>>
Why are Japs such faggots?
>Opposing Smeargle used Dark Void
>Xatu's Magic Bounce bounced it back
>Connection error.

Fuck these faggots, at least accept defeat and run.
>>
>>24819775
The framerate drop is awful, but besides that this tournament is enjoyable.
You must be unlucky with your matches, because there is some nice variety (Gallade, Kingler, Regigigas, Maractus, Scolipede). I'm using none of the mons you mentioned and manage to hang around 1590 (lack of Taunt/Magic Bounce screws me).

Camerupt paired with Cradily is pure sex.
>>
>>24819945
I ended up around 1600 aswell for similar reasons, I wish I had taunt in my team, and offensive Rotom-W constantly fucked me over too. I saw some uncommon pokemons like Vileplume, Gallade and Regigigas (>>24819011)
but more often than not it was nearly a mirror match.
I ran a team of M-Tyranitar, choice band Scizor, AV Politoed to switch into M-Charizards, Meowstic for screens and swagger, Talonflame and defensive Throh with wide guard. In the end I should have used Rotom-W instead of Politoed. Also Meowstic should have learned taunt, and Throh could have been scrapped for another fast special attacker.
But still Im okay with the outcome, it was my first Triples experience ever and built my team more or less blindly. Looking at the replays, I still made a lot of missplays, but whatever. It was fun.
>>
File: audino.gif (17 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
audino.gif
17 KB, 200x150
3 more hours to battle, just a heads up.
>>
>>24820172

I already got my 3 battles in, I'm not sure if I should keep going.

Oh, and I saves Battle Videos.
>>
And here are the videos...

1st Battle
>BSUG-WWWW-WW38a9WDV

2nd Battle
>KM8G-WWWW-WW38-9WD8

3rd Battle
>638G-WWWW-WW38-9WB6

And yes, I know I'm a jerk. I don't care.
>>
>>24820336

And right after I posted that, I entered two more matches...

>Communitcation between the other player has been interrupted.

At least I have more Pokemon than they did.
>>
Was using a team with Xatu, Talonflame and Meowstic as leads in that order. The idea was to get up Tailwind while Meowstic sets screens/Imprisons/or Safeguards and have Tflame U-Turn into my Regigas who would take a Simple Beam from Xatu and proceed to rec face with Power-Up Punch, Drain Punch , Knock Off and Return (should run Rock Slide though). I had Mega Medicham and Krookodile in tow for some extra muscle.

It worked out pretty well all things considered. Ended up breaking even in terms of wins/losses so I'm done.
>>
>>24820017
Throh is an interesting choice, did you use Circle Throw? It screws up so many strategies.

>>24819945
Overall I managed to finish with rating around 1690 with my Trick Room team:

Cradily + Camerupt as a water-absorbing core
Gallade with Quick/Wide Guard and Disable support
Bronzong +Jellicent for Trick Rooms and spreading status
Scrafty for Fake Out and general coverage

Faced many crazy things like Surf Tyranitar or Aerial Ace Togekiss. I know people enter this for Delibird but still.
>>
File: ff2.png (63 KB, 699x491) Image search: [Google]
ff2.png
63 KB, 699x491
Welp, that's it for me. I think I did 12:8, though two of those i could have won if I predicted right, and two were cheap wins because one kid had a magikarp and a charmander with them, and the other person just forfeited as soon as the match started.
>>
>>24821014
>and the other person just forfeited as soon as the match started
Oddly enough that happened to me aswell. Im not sure if it was some kind of technical issue, or if the person just realised their team consisting of mostly fire/flying/grass isnt that good against my Talonflame-Tyranitar lead.
>>
>>24820943
>Throh is an interesting choice, did you use Circle Throw? It screws up so many strategies.
Good suggestion, havent really thought of this actually, since its only job was to provide wide guard the other attack were ice, fire and thunder punch for super effective hits on stuff like Scizor, and for some lucky paralyzes and burns. There were a few situations were a random burn really helped me out.
>>
12-1 in the end
>>
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 2048x1536
And I got 7-0 in the end. I probably would've netted a few losses and more wins if I had finalized my team yesterday or earlier.

And in addition to the Battle Videos I posted in >>24820336, here are two more...

>TYPW-WWWW-WW38-9YGX
>7WXG-WWWW-WW38-9YJ8
>>
>>24821156
>Steel Wing Talonflame
Why. No wait don't even answer, there's no good reason for this.
>>
File: ff.png (82 KB, 742x589) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
82 KB, 742x589
>>24820670
Here's the team. A couple of bad moveset choices really hurt (really should've had Rock Slide on Krook and Regi).
>>
>>24821204

It actually did some good for me against an opponent's Mega Tyranitar, so there's that.
>>
>>24821272
U-turn is better for T-Tar though. Does decent super effective damage and you won't have to eat a Rock Slide
>>
File: festive feud.png (171 KB, 1094x883) Image search: [Google]
festive feud.png
171 KB, 1094x883
Finished 18-5, didn't feel like doing the remaining battles. Triples just take way too long to complete. Many of my battles ended in time out which was tiresome.

Anyway, here is my team with the fucked up Scrafty I mentioned here >>24814770. Overall Intimidate would have definitely been more useful, although Shed Skin came in handy in some weird situations, like not activating Bisharp's Defiant which lessened it's damage output, and many more.

Here are some of the nicer battles I had, with the first two being my favorite:

Y7KG-WWWW-WW38-9K9G
Featuring Flareon and Solrock

K4NW-WWWW-WW38-9KA6
Featuring Kecleon, Mega Camerupt and Moody Octillery

T2FG-WWWW-WW38-9KBY
Fire Pledge/Grass Pledge combo in action

TMMW-WWWW-WW38-9KC7
Shed Skin coming in handy

SF7W-WWWW-WW38-9KDY
Shed Skin coming in handy again... well, sort of

QWCW-WWWW-WW38-9KCN
Perish Song shenanigans
>>
>>24821286

Fair point, it also would've let me pull out one of the annoyances in my team.
>>
>>24821301
I was thinking about putting Scrafty in my team, but I figured in Triples it would be much harder to switch in since Bisharps can stay much longer in the game and whatnot. In the end I only saw so few Bisharps though.
>>
>>24821339
I ran into three Bisharps in total. I guess with Tyranitar being so popular many players didn't feel comfortable with putting a second 4x Fighting weak Pokemon in their team.
>>
I really wish they buff Wide Guard in the next generation. Dark Void in Triples is just ridiculous.
>>
File: bb.png (128 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
128 KB, 500x509
>>24821014
>>24821156
>>24821263
>>24821301
>>
When can we except the rankings to be released? I wanna know where I placed. Also interested in usage statistics.
>>
>>24821402

Some time before or after Christmas.
>>
>>24821301
I loved eating all those Rotom's Sitrus berries wit Scizor's Bug Bite.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.