[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
while we wait for the leaks what is the cancer that is killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 119wjdw.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
while we wait for the leaks

what is the cancer that is killing pokemon as a franchise?
>>
>>24805256
normies
>>
/vp/
>>
Junichi Masuda
>>
/vp/
>>
>>24805256
If by killing it you mean making it lose sales, there is none. Pokemon is selling just as good as always.

If by killing it you mean making it decrease in quality, the answer is children who don't care and /tr/ainers who buy the games anyway.
>>
>>24805256
Honestly?
Nor-

>>24805273
This
>>
>>24805308
So the cancer killing pokemon are the buyers that make it successful?

Mmm.
>>
File: patrickjazz.jpg (6 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
patrickjazz.jpg
6 KB, 250x186
We subconsciously long for the old days. However, the increased difficulty /vp/ longs for isn't as compatible with the current, over-saturated video games industry (especially with the advent of mobile gaming with younger audiences as one factor among many.)

We want the old days that can no longer exist on metaphysical, symbolic, and practical levels.
>>
/vp/
>>
>>24805363
>the increased difficulty /vp/ longs for isn't as compatible with the current, over-saturated video games industry
Yes it is, you fucking retard. Dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's called.
>Easy Mode
>Normal Mode
>Hard Mode
>>
Mega Evolution

This has done so much damage to the game it's absurd.
>>
>>24805256
Gamefreak.
>>
>>24805374
>(especially with the advent of mobile gaming with younger audiences as one factor among many.)
Did you even read the rest? A good amount of the audience of Pokemon (enough to be the majority GF/Nintendo want to attract) is kids. Every little kid has an iPhone/iPad these days, and they all have games that are mindlessly addicting without the effort or thought of a full-fledged Pokemon game. GF is going to keep making piss easy games to compensate for this effect until they realize that kids today have more immediate things to play than they did in 1998.
>>
I don't know. Everything about Gen6 is all fucked up. Gen5 was the best ever and now everything's so mediocre. I'm just waiting for it to turn around again.
>>
genwunners

they refuse to let the series progress anywhere
whats worse is many of them don't even play the game.

so its not like they play the old games and wish for the series to return to its roots or something, they literally just nostalgia over gen1&2 and spout shit they dont even believe themselves
>>
>>24805419
>genwunners not playing the old games
This is why I hate genwunners. They claim Gen 1 Pokemon are the best/real Pokemon, but can only name the ones featured in the anime or 1st movie. Pikachu, Mewoth, Mewtwo, Mew, Charizard, Charmander, Squirlte, Blastoise, Bulbasaur, Ekans, and Koffing are the only Pokemon they can name. Show them a Picture of Electabuzz, say its from XY and they're believe you.
>>
>>24805344
>Brett gets triggered at the word children
Hmmmmmmm

>>24805363
*tips respectfully in your direction*
>>
File: 1446745611413.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446745611413.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>24805256
Game Freak apologists
Metagamers
Megasfags
>>
>>24805374
That's only one part of difficulty. Ingame battles can be made harder artificially by this means, but we will never see difficult overworld challenges again. Ex, rock tunnel (complemented by the fact that you had to explore the overworld to find the scientist who would give you the hm flash, and only after you caught a certain number of pokemon, to boot) was full of dead ends and passages that served to confuse you or throw you off to trainers who would chip away at you. In the new games, you and I both know it's likely you'd be handed flash on your way to a cave, and then meet one or two nurses that would heal your party as you explore a mostly linear cave.
>>
>>24805654
The seafoam island puzzle is another great example. I remember how satisfying it was to finally make it to articuno after so long as a kid.
>>
>>24805363
Kids are just fucking stupid now adays pretty much thw dumb ones would use 100 of rare candys so they can sweep throu thw gamw thwn whine how thwy get 1 shotted online
>>
>>24805663
Yeah i rmember those times..good eh? But those times passed and we should move on and not be a retaed like genwunners
>>
>>24805806
Ok but in regard to OP's question I think that it's a big factor that people don't always notice. I think even GF has forgotten about the importance of the overworld by now. There is so much focus on the battles and the new pokemon, but GF no longer seems to appreciate the fact that an enjoyable and memorable RPG also presents a challenging journey that requires problem solving. These problems make the world you explore feel alive because the npcs are the ones you would go to for hints.
>>
>>24805806
Genwunners are just casuals who happened to start with gen 1 and have an unhealthy attachment to it. The same is possible for hoenbabbies and sinnohfetuses; the only reason genwunners are so prevalent is because Pokemania was so huge back then.

The point about Seafoam Islands puzzle stands; Pokemon overworlds, particularly the puzzles, have gotten easier over the years.
>>
>>24805256
waiting for leaks
>>
In terms of balance? The genwunners are holding back the developers, and thus the devs would rather go the safe route than take risks.

In terms of difficulty? The imaginary scenario of the average child being literally too retarded to throw themselves at something and eventually figure out how to surpass it. No, I'm not talking about battles, those were piss-easy from the start. I'm talking about overworld puzzles.

In terms of general quality? Retards who want the devs to shit out mainline turd after turd without realizing that doing so would leave a horrible taste in everyone's mouths.
>>
>>24805897
I don't agree that genwunners are holding GF back. I think it's more that GF struck gold with their formula presented in RBY and if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Changing things up too much just for the sake of it is unnecessarily reckless when you have proven that your first idea succeeds generation after generation.

That said I think GF, in addition to what has been said, created a decline in quality and lost credibility when they decided to voluntarily remove features -- good features that people liked. It reeks of laziness and shows that GF are not committed to making their best, but they are instead content with mediocre games. You can't help but lose confidence in a brand here
>>
/vp/
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.