[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you change him to make him viable, /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (43 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43 KB, 250x250
How would you change him to make him viable, /vp/?
>>
>>24803665

>him
>>
>>24803665

>him
>>
>>24803665
>him
>>
File: 24926228_p0.png (357 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
24926228_p0.png
357 KB, 800x800
> Power: Strange Language
Adds +2 buff for every letter corresponding to unown in the name of enemy specie i.e. Unown-A will be +6 against SaLaMaNCE [Ax3x2=6]
>>
>>24803721
+2 to what?
>>
>>24803721
>JP Pokemon
>>
>>24803665
>him
>>
>>24803672
>>24803677
>>24803715
>getting upset at using 'him' as a gender neutral term
Back to tumblr with you, samefag.
>>
>>24803739
To all stats like Ancient Power
>>
>>24803756
>him
>>
>>24803665
>him
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 700x475
>give it Ancient Power, Secret Power, and Nature Power
>give it an ability that makes hidden power always considered super effective against the target
That said, I have always liked the fan idea of having 7 different evolutions for it, based on what its highest stat is, with the evolutions based on the nazica lines.

>>24803721
Wouldn't work between languages.
>>
File: s.jpg (321 KB, 630x840) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
321 KB, 630x840
Hidden Power now can be learned only by Unown
>>
>>24803800
>it
>>
>>24803756
>him
>not it

Pretty ironical that you mention Tumblr when probably no one was thinking of that.

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>24803665
Make it actually have a learnset beyond just hidden power. That's pretty much it. The scaling is crap but it would still be usable in the base game and not just a literal collection pokemon.
>>
You don't.
>>
>>24803803
That won't make him viable, it will only make other Pokemon shitter.
>>
>>24803809
Just add hidden power II, hidden power III, hidden power IV each one double as powerful as previous
>>
You can use only your first slot attack against Unown. Now everything is royally fucked by its presence.
>>
>>24803836
Oh man, I actually really like that. Shuts down a lot of strategies, gives it a lot of potential as a disruptor without actually throwing away its gimmick.
>>
>>24803836
>Implying it matters for most mons
>Implying attacks that fuck up Unown won't just get put on the first slot

Back to being shit
>>
>>24803800
>>24803836
Combine these two.
>Hidden Ability - The opposing Pokemon may only use their first move.
>Hidden Power - lvl 1
>Secret Power - lvl 15
>Nature Power - lvl 30
>Ancient Power - lvl 45
>>
>>24803913
What about a confusion like ability, that causes the opposing Pokemon to use a random move each turn?
>>
>>24803947
That would be better, but RNG gimmicks aren't that good.
>>
I've been working on a way to make Unown more interesting and useful. It should absolutely remain a mediocre gimmickmon, but accentuating its "mysterious" aspects would go a long way toward making it more likable.

In a new region, Unown usually appear in horde battles. The Unown in these horde battles always spell out a five-character word; there are 151 different possible words wild Unown can spell. Because they are usually encountered this way, certain Unown are much more rare than others, such as Z and Q. Vowels are common.
Various Wild Unown words:
>H-E-L-L-O
>P-L-A-Y-?
>S-M-I-L-E
>F-R-O-W-N
>P-A-N-I-C
>H-E-L-P-!
>F-I-G-H-T
>C-A-T-C-H
>T-R-A-D-E
Certain doors can be unlocked by assembling the correct five-character word of Unown in your party. Yes, they have to be in order. 5 is a significant number in the game's story and lore; assembling Unown that spell B-L-A-C-K or W-H-I-T-E will reveal Zekrom/Reshiram respectively, among other secrets.

Mega Unown is added to the game. In terms of appearance, it's a constantly-moving swarm of Unown with its primary letter at the center. Mega Unown remains a gimmickmon, but its gimmick is marginally more interesting. Its stat spread:
HP 48
Atk 72
Def 48+25 = 73
SpA 72+25 = 87
SpD 48+25 = 73
Spe 48+25 = 73
>Ability - Mysterious Power: Hidden Power's BP is doubled, and it gets one of six added effects based on its type.
The type effects are as follows:
>Fire, Dragon, Ghost: Burns the target
>Poison, Bug, Grass: Badly Poisons the target
>Electric, Ice, Rock: Paralyzes the target
>Psychic, Dark, Fairy: Confuses the target
>Fighting, Normal, Steel: Hidden Power's BP is tripled instead of doubled (BP 180)
>Water, Ground, Flying: Lowers the target's Accuracy

>>24803836
I like the idea of locking your opponent into one attack, but forcing it to be the first slot is too taxing. Would be more fair if it just choice-locked the opponent when they choose their move, but an ability like that wouldn't be a good fit for weak Unown.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.