[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90% of Pokken is bipeds, most of them being full fledged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1448162800101.png (268 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448162800101.png
268 KB, 640x640
>90% of Pokken is bipeds, most of them being full fledged humanoids

I know they're simply picking popular pokemon, loading up the game with mascot worthy fan favourites, but it feels so boring and a little disappointing that this is the first time we're getting fully fledged 3D movement and animations, and they're all similar bodytypes and moves.

is it just coincidence the most popular pokemon are humanoids anyway?
>>
>>24803198
Antropomorphism, we have easier to relate/care about human like things.
>>
>>24803198
Also because it's a fighting game and in's generally conceptually easier to make movements and attacks for bipeds.
>>
Gardevoir is amorphous
>>
Aegislash would be really neat in Pokken
>>
>>24803351
>you can throw the shield and bounce shadow ball off of it at different angles
>hakumen style counters with king's shield
>>
>>24803198
Since I already got Sceptile in the game, I really don't care who gets added next. I'd be fine with anything.
>>
let's introduce Pokemon we'd like to see on the roster and come up with playstyles or movesets

>Forretress
>slow but uses stuff like Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball to attack, also shits out every entry hazard for zoning

>Porygon-Z
>entriely ranged beam moves

>Crobat
>really fast with not a lot of direct power, but a few annoying moves like Confuse Ray

>Weezing
>has short-ranged, semi-wide aoe Flamethrowers/Sludge Waves and things like that, maybe something like Explosion

damn it's hard to imagine a lot of stuff functioning well in a fighting game
>>
>>24806252
>hawlucha
>grappler with lots of aerial mobility but frail to make up for good speed and power

>the hitmons
>lee with heavily quick based moveset, extending legs for longer range but weaker attacks but able to use bullet/mach punch to close in
>chan with mostly punch based moveset, swapping between the elemental punches for various effects on the opponent.
>top being basically eddy from tekken, using all sorts of spins and leg sweeps.

>krookodile
>can't really think of anything, would just love him to be in
>>
>>24806995
>quick based moveset
fuck meant KICK based
>>
>>24806995
>more humanoids
>and fighting types

Wow anon, so original.
>>
File: 1433064680076.jpg (15 KB, 499x382) Image search: [Google]
1433064680076.jpg
15 KB, 499x382
>>24807007
well sorry that they happen to be amazing mons
>>
>>24807018
That's probably the exact same thing that Namco is thinking when they're making this roster.
>I WANT SCEPTILE IN
>WHERE'S BLAZIKEN
>HAWLUCHA WHEN
>here you go
>WHY IS EVERYTHING A BIPED
>WHERE'S THE VARIETY?
>>
>>24807018
So bipedal humanoids is only "boring and a little disappointing" when it's Pokemon you personally don't like.

Got it.
>>
>>24807030
i never complained about the amount of bipeds and the boringness of the roster family
the only things i hate about the roster is OWTHEEDGEtwo and two pikachus
>>
>>24806252
>vespiquen
>fights using those mini bees seen in attack order

>Scrafty
>typical punk fighter relying on cheap shots and headbutts

>eternal flower floette
>mostly uses range moves but uses the flower as a weapon up close
>>
I can't wait to play this against all the pokebabies who have never touched a fighting game before smash is not a fighting game
>>
>>24807085
If Smash isn't then this one isn't a fighting game too
>>
>>24807088
By what metric do you gauge that anon
>>
>>24807109
this is a nonstandard 3D fighting game while Smash is a nonstandard 2D fighting game,discounting one for not strictly adhering to traditions discounts the other one that goes against tradition.
>>
>>24807109
It's got party mechanics like supports
>>
>>24807132
>tekken is nonstandard
l
m
a
o
>>
>>24807135
someone go tell Yipes that MvC is a party game holy shit what a revelation
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 512x288
>>24807085
>pokebabies
>smash is not a fighting game

Just piss off back to /v/.
>>
>>24807138
>free movement is standard
sure thing buddy
>>
>>24807154
>smash is a fighting game
Are you 10?
>>
>>24807376
>le underage meme
>>
>>24806252
>magcargo
>he's actually super fast and has a bunch of moves where he spins like a wheel
>doing burnouts and ramming into people
>>
>>24807085
Literally who cares if Smash is a fighting game, though? It's stupid to get butthurt over the genre of a game.
>>
>>24809071
Fighting in this context is synonymous with "genuinely competitive, on the level of traditional fighting games like Street Fighter". Everyone knows that Smash is a videogame where fighting takes place.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.