[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Smogon is finally starting the voting for Mega-Sableye and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 03c.png (24 KB, 834x700) Image search: [Google]
03c.png
24 KB, 834x700
So Smogon is finally starting the voting for Mega-Sableye and Shadow Tag. What do you guys think? Judging by the discussion thread, M-Sableye probably won't get banned but Shadow Tag will.
>>
>banning shadow tag instead of testing gothitelle
>when it will ruin the totally balanced wobbuffet
>and by doing so doing a complete 180 on the whole "collateral" issue
Seriously "we can't just ban baton pass because it's muh dry pass celebi" but it's okay to ban shadow tag entirely when it's only a problem on gothitelle but not wobbuffet?
>>
>>24803051
It seems like its one of those things Smogon just wants to remove from ever having to worry about it again. They banned M-Gengar because it was obviously powerful, even without shadow tag. Goth without Stag is weak.

Gotta look out for that new Wynaut meta yo.
>>
>>24803039
>M-Sableye probably won't get banned but Shadow Tag will

I hear the same thing from the thread and the OU chatroom, which I'm relieved about. Gothitelle was getting really annoying to address. I don't really care one way or another for Mega Sableye. I'd be happy to see it go since it's the cover page and binding of stall, but I don't think it's broken enough to warrant a ban.
>>
>>24803062
I'm mixed, because I use M-Sableye on a Balance team. M-Sableye, Clefairy, Slowbro, Serperior, Gliscor, Jirachi. He's not there to stall to hell and back, he's there to help the three offensive guys to get moving.
>>
i honestly don't see a big deal with banning m-sableye from OU, it's my main mega in ubers and its amazing there
it's not like fucking mawile
>>
>>24803116
Yeah I understand. Mega Sableye helps expand the number of Pokemon I can use for fun in higher level play like defensive Moltres who actually puts in a lot of work in the absence of Stealth Rock. Walls Mega Lop, Bisharp, Char-Y, Mega Garde, Serperior, (Mega) Scizor, etc. This was before defensive Talonflame became a thing, but Moltres still has the better bulk to do so, which M-Sab allows.
>>
>Banning Shadow Tag

No surprise, Smogon is full of switch fags.
>>
>>24803116
I use it in balance too, and I prefer M-Sableye in OU, so I can still learn how to use it as the meta evolves. What set do you use?
>>
>>24803259
This has to be the dumbest comment I've read all day. Are you one of those players who has out a healthy Talonflame on the opponent's healthy Tyranitar and although you have a healthy Hippowdon in the back, you stay in and click Steel Wing purely because your coverage came in handy?
>>
>>24803259
>STOP SWITCHING
you're that guy
>>
>>24803051
How the hell is Gothitelle a problem? Are you seriously telling me you don't just OHKO it whenever it comes out? Why would you even use a pokemon that can't even 2HKO Gothitelle anyway? Defensive teams are garbage, banning Gothitelle just makes defense more viable, and that's bad. Battles should be over quick, and anything more than 15 turns is just wrong. Everyone should just play HO.
>>
>>24803570
>why can't I hold all these garbage opinions?
The reason why the majority of HO players can't get past 1300 on the ladder is because of shit like this. The complete inability to beat stall because they don't realize that their TG manaphy doesn't OHKO everything on the opposing team

Frankly, idc if both stays or goes, but it sounds like anon over here hasn't actually seen how good goth is because he hasn't met the balance and stall on the higher ladder, so I kinda hope it stays so that the HO kiddies eventually get their shit kicked in
>>
That's the best outcome given the choices, but really it should have been a Goth suspect and not a ST suspect. Yes, ST is "uncompetitive." But in practice, nobody thinks that Wobb is broken in the slightest. It's simply not a practical ban.

>>24803259
underageb&
>>
>>24803259
>not banning stealth rock
they obviously hate switching.
>>
>>24803295
Recover/knock off/WoW/Toxic. No one expects the double status. They send in talonflame and I counter with toxic.
>>
>>24803259
>my friends legit complain about how much i switch
nigga if i have a fucking chesnaught out against talonflame like hell am i keeping that shit in, i ain't shielding your fucking swords dance
>>
This is why I never play singles.
Stall is cancer and all archetypes have a chance in doubles.
>>
>>24807360
But you see more than 5 Pokémon in singles.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 487x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 487x469
>>24807360
>all archetypes have a chance in doubles.
>CHALK: The Metagame
>The entirety of VGC 2016
Have a (You) lad, you got me good
>>
>>24803039
As long as they still post VGC sets I don't care.
>>
>>24807482
>VGC
No.
>>24807477
Lando might be ubiquitous but basically any weather team or Tailwind team annihilates CHALK.
>>
>>24807516
CHALK is an archetype in itself.
After seeing replays and other shit, comments, reports and analysis.
Jap players dominated because they were with a proper archetype to fight; wereas everyone else prepared their teams to "counter" the great "threats" that appear in Indianapolis and Germany.

They bring up counter-teams but what they were supposed to counter never showed-up. That mentality needs to stop, sure, you need to be prepared, but being over-prepared against a specific pools of Pokémon is stupid and that's why the Japs dominated 2015: They weren't prepared against specific Pokémon, they bring teams that could just put up a good battle; western teams just fall apart because they were focused in countering, not for battling properly.
>>
>VGC is dead
>Goth stall is dead
This gen is over to me, time to move over to other competitive games until gen 7 launches.
>>
Gothitelle and Mega Sableye is just stallfaggotry, and only stallfags wants Shadow Tag and Mega Sableye to stay unbanned.

I approve of both bans.
>>
The fuck? I find regular Sableye more annoying than the Mega just because it gets Prankster Recover. Why is Mega Sableye so bad? Because it makes it hard to shoot Sneaky Pebbles? What next? Ban Mega Absol, Mega Diancie, and Espeon?

Banning Shadow Tag is stupid too because Gothitelle is a hard counter for one type of mon. They are upset it ruins their stallfaggotry so they're taking it out on an entire ability? Come the fuck on.

With this and the VGC16 rules competitive Pokemon looks increasingly like a joke.
>>
File: 1408754842550.png (84 KB, 495x398) Image search: [Google]
1408754842550.png
84 KB, 495x398
>>24807958
>>
File: delcatty.gif (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
delcatty.gif
12 KB, 250x250
>>24807912
>implying Sableye isn't good on balance
>implying Wobbuffet isn't used on every archetype besides stall
(You)
>>
File: talonflame meta.jpg (89 KB, 500x695) Image search: [Google]
talonflame meta.jpg
89 KB, 500x695
Stallfags should burn in hell desu senpai

btw which teammates are the greatest for the bravest bird?
>>
>>24807988
Meloetta is banned.
>>
>>24808521
Breloom
>ayy lmao water
>ayy lmao rock
>ayy lmao electric
>ayy lmao heatran to an extent.
>>
Tbpf both m-sableye and shadow tag and cancer and I hope they get banned.
>>
>>24808521

Tentacruel to spin away rocks and switch in on water moves.

Breloom for reasons stated above.

Also any anti-Slowbro pokemon partner great with Smogonbird.
>>
What's with the surge of underage fags complaining about stall?
>>
>>24808521
Mega sableye is the best teammate by far. Talonflame Walls every relevant fairy and most of the fire types.
Mega sab prevents Rocks and stall ruining your day.

Tentacruel is a Nice mega sab counter and defeats
Clefable.

Dugtrio traps the bulky rock types + heatran.

Talonflame is ironically at its best in semi-stall.
Checking powerfull wallbreakers zich as zardY and mega waifu. Revenge killing dem frail karenmons.

Happy team building Anon. see you in hell family ;√)
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.