[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no Slugma in Burnt Tower >No Natu in Tin Tower >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: BeN4XX0IMAEieI7.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BeN4XX0IMAEieI7.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>no Slugma in Burnt Tower
>No Natu in Tin Tower
>No Houndour/Houndoom/Murkrow/Misdreavus in Dark Cave
>No link between Dragon's Den and a tiny bit of Mt.Silver so you can get Tyranitar pre-E4
>50% of Johto gym leaders use Kantomons as signatures
>80% of all new pokémon are garbage
>Those fucking levels
How anyone can consider gen 2 to be the best gen is beyond me to be honest, and I even started with Crystal
>>
>>24802979
Honestly op those are pretty good ideas, however imo larvitar is the prize the player gets for beating the game so I like how you only get it after.

You're discrediting the game based on the rare appearance of new pokemon. But you're not keeping in mind that up to that point in the "lore" these new pokemon are new discoveries to the pokeworld, so why would everyone have them? You may have heard it said before but johto and it's gym leaders are really a continuation or "expansion" of pokemon red and blue, it's a sequel of Kanto, it's not a feature presentation meant to be packaged completely on its own like new regions are.
>>
the point of pokemon back then was finding the new ones, including legendaries and not just getting them handed out to you
>>
>>24802979
It seems likely that they saved some new pokemon for Kanto because they wanted to add something new for the player to find when you revisited the old games. That said, I think they should have used other pokemon instead, because fire and dark types are not by any means commonplace in johto.

The low levels were needed to balance the postgame content (to negate having the post e4 gyms being too high leveled), but I agree that they could have created a better flow pre e4, especially between the 6th and 8th gym.
>>
>>24802979
Natu's secret grove in the Union Cave/Ruins of Alph complex was pretty good enough. Thank you very much.
>>
>>24802979
usable gen 2 pokes in crystal before batling the 4th gym:
phanpy
teddiursa
mareep
wooper
pineco
snubbull
marrill
heracross

now you can stop with your epic le gen 2 is le shit maymays
>>
>>24802979
>ALL THE NEW POKEMON ARE SHIT!
>WHY CAN'T I USE ALL THE NEW POKEMON?
>>
Gen 2 is pretty much the worst.
Awfully slow level curve, on some runs you barely get to fully evolve your starter before E4. (grinding is for fags). TM selection is hilariously bad: Protect AND Detect? Endure? Defense Curl? Mud Slap and Fury Cutter from gyms.
Level up moves mostly garbage as well. Meganium is stuck with Razor leaf and normal moves the entire game.
Kanto is half assed addon to the main game.
>>
>>24802979
God just shut the fuck up with your genwar pandering. Nobody wants to hear your whining about a game that you are lucky to have even played. Suck my dick
>>
>>24803402
Mareep isn't available in Crystal.
>>
>>24802979
I agree with your points being things wrong with gen 2, but when it comes down to it they're not actually that important and are small, niggling details. Dumb, sure, but I'm not surprised people still like gen 2.

>>24803649
>>24803423

Haha stay mad buttblasted fags
>>
>>24803792
Hey, fuck you buddy
>>
>>24802979
>50% of Johto gym leaders use Kantomons as signatures
This always really bothered me. Why not give Faulkner a Murkrow or Bugsey a Ledian or even a Heracross?

Morty is about the only one I can justify considering how much weaker Misdreavous is than Gengar and what part of the game you battle him at
>>
>>24802979
New Top Gear when?
>>
>>24802979
remember though op, gen 2 was only the product of fans wanting more games. didn't really matter how they did it, as long as there was at least some new content
>>
>>24803520
This. Only nostalgiafags think Gen 2 is good. I hope the shitty Johto starters never get Megas.
>>
>Get to Goldenrod
>Buy/catch Abra
Congratulations, you broke the game
>>
>>24802979
This is mainly why HGSS isn't good. It's not as bad as ORAS obviously since it's basically a copy + paste of GSC with a couple of new places to go albeit having that slow-ass Gen IV engine, but there's NO improvements of all the hideous mistakes of GSC. Pokemon distribution, level scaling, Jesus Christ, why the fuck am I battling level 4 Spearow in Cerulean city? Why the fuck are trainer's Pokemon only in the 20s when my guys are late 50s? Fuck me, what a fuckup.
>>
>people actually like HGSS
>>
File: 1426731903497.jpg (11 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1426731903497.jpg
11 KB, 200x194
>>24806266
>Get to Goldenrod
>Buy/catch Abra
>teach it all 3 element punches
Crystal a best
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.