[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst colored shiny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: wow it's fuckin nothing.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wow it's fuckin nothing.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
What's the worst colored shiny?
>>
>>24799526

Shiny Garchomp.
>>
File: whatpepe.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
whatpepe.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>>24799602
I wonder why didn't they change it, they have so many options when it comes to making an interesting shiny. Is it laziness?
>>
>>24799652
How else are they supposed to encourage you to use Mega Garchomp?
>>
>>24799526
Depends on what you would think would be worse, something like Dewgong with practically no noticeable difference, or something like Espeon where you wish you could burn your eyes when you see it.
>>
>>24799602
Not anymore in Gen VI. It's fairly noticeable now that its no longer just a different shade of blue and orangish-red, but distinctly gray and orange instead.
>>
>friend shows me a shiny gengar
>"Is that really shiny" I ask him
>"Yes"
>check wiki, it's just barely different in color and pose from regular gengar besides the mega
>more than a few shinies are exactly like that, little to no change
What the fuck is the point?
>>
>>24799790

Shiny Gengar is black for maximum edge.
>>
File: BR_Gengar-Shiny01.png (64 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
BR_Gengar-Shiny01.png
64 KB, 720x576
>>24799790
>>24799828
>tfw it'll never look this distinct again
>>
Ones with little difference are lame. I wouldn't have noticed the Persian I ran into in Firered was a shiny if I wasn't looking at the screen at the time.

Honestly, though, most of the shiny palettes aren't great. There's only about two dozen standouts.
>>
Shiny Leafeon looks almost exactly like the regular one. It's just a slightly more off color of white.
>>
>>24799752
>but distinctly gray and orange instead.
No it isn't.
It's still blue and orange just slightly washed out.
>>
Why would they do this?
>>
File: persian anime.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
persian anime.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>24799852
It's even worse when a shiny looks like the normal coloration in a different depiction.
Shiny Persian is really only distinguishable by its pink inner ears. Yet this is the standard in the console games and in the anime.
Something similar can be said about how shiny Garchomp in Gen IV and V is now the standard color scheme in Gen VI. Or how inconsistent Elekid is between the art, sprites and models.
>>
>>24799652
They uhh....
They did change it actually. But VERY slightly (the biggest difference is the stomach's orange is far darker). Mega Garchomp actually uses the exact pallet as a Shiny regular 'chomp

Garchomp has a shit load of colors, and theyre all very different from each other (several shades of blue from lightish to dark, Orange, white) and they probably didnt like any other pallets or felt they made sense/were reasonable.

And hey, they couldve made it piss yellow like Lucario. Or hue-slider it to pink/purple, like they did for Shiny Mega Chomp
>>
>>24799790
At least Shiny Mega Gengar looks rad as fuck.
>>
>>24799899
>They did change it actually. But VERY slightly
It doesn't help that in D/P the regular one was darker while the shiny was a smidge lighter and the opposite in Pt/HG/SS
>>
Dragonite
>>
Shiny legendaries look really fucking stupid to me. It's either reversed colors or some tacky eye-rape white shit.
>>
File: shiny_dewgong.png (25 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
shiny_dewgong.png
25 KB, 167x200
>>24799526
Shiny Dewgong needs more imagination
>>
>>24799884
>Friendship evolution
Saw it coming.
>>
>>24799987
Ran into a shiny one of these here motherfuckers. Almost ran away out of anger that they made this shitty of a shiny.
>>
File: platinum-back-shiny-frame2.png (498 KB, 2240x1440) Image search: [Google]
platinum-back-shiny-frame2.png
498 KB, 2240x1440
>pokemon, shiny or not, will never be this vivid again
>>
>>24799987
Dewgong in general needs more imagination.
>>
Glaceon

Fortunately you have the option to just not make it a Glaceon
>>
>>24800218
Why is pikachu waving at me?
>>
>>24800218
yeah, I loved the vividness too ;-;
>>
>>24799884
>not liking sisbat
I can't believe it's CURRENT YEAR and people still fucking do this.
>>
>>24800248
to match with wobbufett
>>
all the green ones
>>
>>24800218
>Good shinies
Charizard
Caterpie
Metapod
Rattatta
Sandslash
Nidoking line
Psyduck
Polywag
Polywhirl
Ponyta
Muk line
Cloyster line
Ghastly
Weezing line
Tangela
Staryu
Gyrados line
Ditto
Eevee
Porygon line
Dratini
Dragonair
Mew
Ferraligator line
Crobat
Mareep
Azumarill line
Polytoad
Yanma
Umbreon
Shuckle
Entei
Ho-oh
Celebii
Treeko line
Lotad line
Ralts line
Shroomish line
Whimsur
Delcatty
Eletrike
Gulpin line
Relicanth
Metagross line
Lati@s
Fug
Rampardos line
Spiritomb
Toxicroak
Yanmega
Giratina

Not pictured:
Shiny Deoxys

Everything else is boring, or utter shit. So many of them are just very blatantly hue shifts/colorized.

Fire Pokemon are almost universally terrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 800x800
>>
any green shiny is insta bad
also those that dont change that much are also shit
>>
>>24803618

>all the "better than the originals" are red and black/grey
>>
>>24803618
My favorite are the green ones especially those that looks like puke like Dragonite and Mamoswine.
>>
File: 1406890486734.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1406890486734.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>24803604
>genwun is 50% of the list
>C R O B A T
>>
File: perfection.gif (216 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
perfection.gif
216 KB, 500x281
>>24799717
>having shit taste
>>
>>24803762
Genwun is just because it's shinies had better coloring. The Pokemon themselves I couldn't give a shit about. Also, I prefer gen 3 shinies more, because it was often entire evolutionary lines, instead of just a ton of NFEs that look shit when they evolve.

Also
>it's CURRENT YEAR and people still don't like pink brobat
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>24803862
>>24802634
>uses a forced meme
>thinks their opinion matters
>>
>>24799790
>barely different in colour and pose
>different pose
What
>>
>>24799526
Shiny Mandibuzz has a more reddish tone on her neck, which is cool considering the birds she's based on is a scavenger.
>>
>>24799652
First time seeing that Pepe

Mind if I save him?
>>
>>24800224
This 2bh with my family
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.