[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am getting a New 3DS XL for Christmas. I'd like to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 45656etyhe67567etu.png (463 KB, 595x631) Image search: [Google]
45656etyhe67567etu.png
463 KB, 595x631
I am getting a New 3DS XL for Christmas.

I'd like to get a Pokemon game for it.

The last Pokemon game I played was Red/Blue for the Gameboy.

I read that the most recent ones are X/Y and a remake of an older game called Ruby and Sapphire?

Is one better? Are X and Y different?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>24792898
You want Super Mystery Dungeon.
>>
invariably there will be arguing in this thread.

x and y are pretty dang fun though. i'd go with those. the story isn't really that great but the sheer variety of pokemon and the setting makes it fun.
>>
>>24792917
Well, I'll take your word for it then.

X or Y?
>>
>>24792898
Pokémon Z
>>
Play these games in this order:
>Heart Gold and Soul Silver for DS (emulate if they're too expensive for you)
This game is really good. Like, really, really good. It's the only pokemon game that let's you see your pokemon follow behind you. It's a remake of pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, which are the sequels of Pokémon Red/Blue.

>Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 (Again, emulate if you want. If you care about plot, read up on Pokemon Black 1 and White 1. Wouldn't recommend playing them very much, though)
Pretty good games. Have a high number of Pokémon and a lot of good story.
If you aren't feeling those games, try playing Pokémon Platinum instead (see below).

>Pokémon X/Y
Also fine. Worth playing for the new content alone.

>Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Well done remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Interesting mechanics and a very lively region.

I skipped some games but you should definitely try them all. I'll post them in order from least recent to most recent. Note that all these games will have lower numbers of pokemon in them because they hadn't been created yet. I'll list them here.
>Pokémon Crystal
This is personally my favorite Pokémon game. However it has a lot less Pokémon in it. Also, it was remade into Heart Gold/Soul Silver, which I recommended above. Was made after Pokémon Gold/Silver, kinda like how Pokémon Yellow was made after Red/Blue, so there's no reason to play those.

>Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green
Remakes of Red and Blue. Not much more to say.

>Pokémon Emerald
The third in the trio of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, much like Pokémon Crystal. Beautiful region, but was remade into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, which I already recommended.

>Pokémon Platinum
Amazing game, a beautiful region, and a lot of lore. Not on the direct recommendations because I wanted to keep it as short as possible, but really, this is a great game. The third in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum trio, like Emerald and Crystal.

There you go.
>>
>>24793000
Shit doesnt have a confirmed release date yet
>>
>>24793047
Thank you very much for your advice. I appreciate it.
>>
>>24793051
Still. We know, It's coming.
>>
File: pokemon rankings.png (1 MB, 1087x1870) Image search: [Google]
pokemon rankings.png
1 MB, 1087x1870
>>24792898
People will disagree but Gen VI has been pretty lackluster in my opinion.

This is my (obviously subjective) opinion on the games. Anything in "Good Tier" or above I'd say is worth playing.

If Red and Blue were the last games you played, then I'd either start with FireRed and LeafGreen (remakes of Red and Blue) or HeartGold and SoulSilver (remakes of Gold and Silver, which are sequels to Red and Blue; all the other regions are standalone, just to note, and can be played independently of each other). I recommend waiting for Z instead of getting XY.
>>
>>24793047
>Well done remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Interesting mechanics and a very lively region.
kek
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.