[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Chimecho?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: chimecho.jpg (7 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
chimecho.jpg
7 KB, 186x271
I love Chimecho, but I can't for the life of me make use of it. Not really enough HP to justify a bulky special attacker set, and it doesn't have any gimmick to it either that I can figure out.

Anyone have any luck with Chimecho sets?
>>
>>24790011
You could give it a Focus Sash and Healing wish, to get another life out of one of your Pokemon?

I'd go full HP, Sp.Def.
>>
>>24790031
You could try a physically defense Calm Mind/Cosmic Power set or a cleric set with Heal Bell. It's one of the few Psychic-types with reliable recovery, go off of that.
>>
Mega Chimecho
Psychic

HP 65
Atk 50
Def 70 --> 125 (+55)
SAtk 95 --> 100 (+5)
SDef 80 --> 100 (+20)
Spe 65 --> 85 (+20)

Ability is a custom one for Chimecho that combines Infiltrator and Mold Breaker, with the 'downside' of making all of its moves Sound moves. Its moves ignore all opponent abilities other than Soundproof, which hard-walls it.

Now it's a cool stallbreaker (Taunt Recover Mold Breaker) that outruns all of stall and can even outrun Hoopa-U if it wants. It also has the potential to crack HO with a Cosmic Power Stored Power set.

Valuable support moves:
Taunt, Recover, Gravity, Heal Bell, Knock Off, Cosmic Power/Calm Mind, Stored Power, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, Healing Wish, Wrap/Bind, Heal Pulse, Trick Room
>>
File: Buttscab.png (53 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
Buttscab.png
53 KB, 500x316
>>24790136
Reminder to report this underage nigger whenever you see him
>>
>>24790011
Depends on the meta you're playing, but unfortunately it's outclassed in nearly every tier, even down in PU against Duosion. Maybe if you used it as a cleric? A fighting resist and ground immunity makes it an interesting choice over Lickilicky for that role even if its wishes pass considerably less. Its cleric abilities are really the only thing it's got over Duosion.
>>
>Meowstic support
>Max hp split defense
>Cosmic power, heal bell, recover, and stored power
>Rape
>Take out dark pokemon first if any
>>
>>24790140
But mold breaker ignores Soundproof.
>>
>>24790248
It's not Mold Breaker.
>>
>>24790182

ok anon

>>24790248
>>24790262

I like it. call it sonic...something
>>
>>24790182
>implying buttscab wasn't filtered that very day by every self-respecting member of /vp/
What's your fucking excuse for still reading his posts, anon?
>>
File: Chimechoshock.jpg (8 KB, 229x236) Image search: [Google]
Chimechoshock.jpg
8 KB, 229x236
>>24790232
Wow I like this.
Chain breeding Cosmic Power and Stored Power won't be easy, but I think definitely worth it.
I have a Scolipede with Iron Defense, Speed Boost, and Baton Pass, so potentially I could play that into Chimecho.
>>
>>24790232

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289198459

How can something so cute be such a murderer of six pokemon?

Tip: play ur card right
>>
>>24790704

or you could just have a retarded opponent
>>
>>24790704
>not having the number in your name be 47
Also, your opponent was really dumb to keep staying in with their Torkoal like that. Dusknoir could have probably done a number on you if they played it right and didn't let you set up.
>>
>>24790232
I bred one with this in mind only I swapped out Heal bell for Charge beam.
>>
I swept a dude with Chimecho on showdown because he let me Calm Mind 4 times trying to burn me, then I used Heal Bell and annihilated. If Chimecho can do 2x CM it becomes legit, it's just that Taunt will fuck you and anything else can also rape with 2 Calm Minds.

But yeah this is it's only option. Clear physical threats, switch in on a status mon, get a CM and heal bell on the switch out and go hard.
>>
File: tumblr_ny76pypAhY1um1mflo1_500.png (66 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny76pypAhY1um1mflo1_500.png
66 KB, 500x431
>>24790797
>>24790821

Screw you guys. All i trying to prove is that Chimecho has the potential to sweep if we play our card right.
Believe me, i got many late game sweep with this Pokemon. And Chimecho is fitting for the job.
I cant help if my opponent is a retard.
>>
>>24790856
The only problem is the opponent can toxic you. Then all effort can be in vain
>>
>>24790704

That guy was dumb as fuck for letting you set all that shit up and deserved what he got. Someone with a brain will just switch out to a mon that can outdamage Chimecho's Recover even through screens, of which there are a lot, forcing it out.

Chimecho CAN sweep, but I've swept with the dumbest shit and been swept by the dumbest shit. And when it happens it's either due to incompetent, cockiness, or bad luck.
>>
>>24791162
>>24790856
>>24791311

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289636626

Fine, I admit that guy is stupid as hell. Here another replay of Chimecho Sweep.
Unfortunately, I have to kill the Arbok with another pokemon.
U guy better criticize the living hell of my play.
>>
>>24791394

That guy did Thunder Wave when he saw you did Safeguard and then just started shooting 10% damage Signal Beams. Come the fuck on man.
>>
>>24790797
>>24790821
>>24791311
>>24791413

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289495113

Anon-kun, I think this is my last replay of my saved Chimecho Sweep.

I know that the first one is against a newbie player.

But I think the second one is quite decent. In my defense, my opponent isnt that retard.

I think he doesnt know what safeguard does (it is a rarely used move) and he shoot signal beam because he think that super effective move from electrode will manage to take Chimecho out.

I mean, all his action after that isnt that unreasonable.

This third one is against a player who underestimated the Mighty Chimecho. But a sweep nevertheless.

These replay is just to show you guys that Chimecho doesnt deserve a viability ranking of D. He deserve more. And people like you and me can prove that Smogonfag is wrong as fuck.

If this is not convincing for you guys, then you guys can go have some cookies to rethink of a strategy of making Chimecho viable.

Also, if you guys wanna criticize, be my guest. I dont give a anymore replay cause this is the last one
>>
>>24792779

I have swept with Chimecho too. I love Chimecho. But Chimecho is bad and needs help. It deserves that D.
>>
>>24792779
I always find it silly when an opponent keeps doing the same useless thing and lets something set up.
Also, that Bellossom set...eugh. Even SD Drain Punch would be better. I'm not even sure what good they thought their trapping would be against a normal team.
That being said, you at least are pretty good at seeing the right point to start setting up even if it is against low ladder people
>>
>>24794118
I'll have u know that my ranking in PU is at 1341, under the name of Pororoca Alien. Chimecho play an important role in helping me achieving this fucking rank. And yes these replay are against the low faggot because at the high ladder, Cihmrcho help me get a late-game Sweep(not raping the opponent whole entire family)
>>
>>24790011
Trick room and healing wish, max bulk.
>>
Chimecho Sweep 4 pokemon. Any comment on my play is welcome.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-290180698
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.