[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Come up with minor changes to make things better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8
File: Introducing....jpg (22 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
Introducing....jpg
22 KB, 425x292
>You can now use evolutionary stones and similar stuff on pokemon in the PC box
>>
>you can now not be the OP, thus not being a faggot
>>
>>24789628
>Can now see other players online
>Can walk up and trade with other player
>Can walk up and battle with other players
>Can advertise messages in a text bubble
>Real pokemon leagues at a Colosseum
>Update and increase base states of weaker pokemon
>Multiple regions and constant DLC for new areas
>New pokemon planets, Where new pokemon exist as well as new human colonies.
>Pokemon Universe the handheld MMO
Shit man this list could go on and it would be the best pokemon game game freak would never release.
>>
level 1 only Wonder Trade
>>
Move relearning/deleting can now be managed from the box, without expense

Pokemon can use an HM in the overworld simply by having it in your bag

>>24789646
>minor changes
>MINOR
>>
File: pikaduck.jpg (11 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
pikaduck.jpg
11 KB, 249x202
>>24789628
>Ash starts to get older
>Ash grows a beard
>Ash still goes on random adventures with chicks
>Ash gets in romantic relationships with these chicks
> like DR.who, he ditches them to go to another region
>Ash takes a big fat shit on pikachu after eating a thunderstone turning pikachu into raichit
>>
>>24789658
that would be to convinent for game freak though. Things have to be out of the way and waste time somewhat. But i would love to see this activated after completing main story line if such a thing happens.
>>
>You can buy Elixirs in marts
>>
>Using the green multi-selection in a PC doesn't need an empty space, but can swap
>L = A, R = B
>Hold item to 1/2 all egg steps
>>
>legendaries can't be traded if their level is lower than the one you can catch them
>>
>>24789628
All defensive attacks have a priority.
Suddenly defesive pokemon have chance!
>>
>>24789680
>Making stall even more broken
pls
>>
Just bring back the Poketch.
>>
Any pokemon with a complex evolution method can also evolve by stone evolution:
>Umbreon = Moon Stone
>Espeon = Sun Stone
>Leafeon = Leaf Stone
>Glaceon = Dawn Stone
>Sylveon = Shiny Stone
>Milotic = Shiny Stone
>Magnezone = Thunder Stone
>Probopass = Dawn Stone
And so on.

The incenses are now all just rare items and you can get your desired baby form by normal breeding.

Giving one of the parents a type-enhancing item while breeding may teach the baby an exclusive move that it couldn't normally learn.
>>
File: Pokemon FR.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FR.png
4 KB, 240x160
>status conditions don't fucking cover the level
>you don't have to check the summary to find out what level your poisoned/burned/sleeping/frozen pokemon is
Seriously, it's such a minor fucking thing, but it bugs the hell out of me that the games STILL do this.
>>
>auto run
>>
>>24789646
>>New pokemon planets, Where new pokemon exist as well as new human colonies.
Autism.

>>Pokemon Universe the handheld MMO
No.
>>
File: 1337109875.jpg (227 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1337109875.jpg
227 KB, 717x880
>>24789659
>Dr. Who
>that image
>"Ash takes a big fat shit on pikachu"
>raichit
>>
>>24789730
Acceptable only if their potential moveset changes. So, if you use a stone, you get access to less level-up moves.

>>24789658
Nah. HMs are supposed to make you think deeply about your team. They're perfectly fine.

>>24789777
This.
>>
Pokemon centre machines are now self service and take one second to use

Caught pokemon can now be inspected, and if necessary, released instead of being boxed

>>24789934
HMs make me think deeply about why Gamefreak decided that you have to choose between having your party members stuck with trash moves or switching out for HM slaves
>>
>>24789628
Different EV caps for weaker Pokémon, allowing them to be not as bad in comparison to stronger mons in walkthroughs.

For example, instead of 510, give Delcatty a 762 EV limit, so it could have maxed stats in more than its mediocre Speed and Attack.
>>
>>24789646
I agree, but the danger in catering so hard to the multi experience is losing the single player experience.
If the same single player experience we have today had all of these features ADDITIONALLY with a af and other post game, I would be jizzing so hard I had and endless cumflow
>>
Trees are gone forever once cut.
>>
>>24789628
Normalize learnsets and basestats for some mons to make them less shit.
>>
>>24789628

simplify IVs and EVs and have to game introduce them to the player so everyone has an idea of what they are.

I should be so lazy that I just whip up a hackmon breeding and EV training should be fun and rewarding.
>>
>>24791273

shouldn't*

Make breeding and EV training more satisfying.
>>
>you can swap which pokeball your pokemon is in with another pokeball in your inventory except master balled pokemon

Game now better.
>>
the game starts with a difficulty option.
>>
>>24791294

premier balls are so cool but they're fucking shit. I wish this was the case.
>>
A lot of you people don't seem to understand what "minor" changes are.

>>24789628

>GTS now lists abilities and other important shit
>genies just straight up banned from ranked
>all field effects, like trick room and tailwind, have persistent animations like weather/terrain
>held exp. share brought back, party exp. share only available in postgame
>some method to see exact IVs in game
>Fairy no longer resists Bug
>Ice now resists Flying
>Scald nerfed to 60bp
>Wild Charge buffed to 120bp, and Volt Tackle to 140
>Power Herb now skips the recharge phase as well, i.e. hyper beam, blast burn
>Solar Power only drains health on attacks, like Life Orb
>Healer effects the user as well
>new category for "beam and cannon" moves, buffed by Mega Launcher
>early route shitbugs now get egg moves
>add environments and backgrounds to amie
>>
>>24791239
Why?
No matter how many times you seem to cut yourself, you keep coming back
>>
>>24789628
Add a butthole to every pokemon
>>
>>24791703
pokemon don't defecate
>>
>>24791715
it's not for that but
>Darumaka
>>
get rid of Eventmon in GTS
>>
>HMs only require that you have a pokemon which CAN learn the move in your party to use them outside of combat
>Difficulty settings at the start of the game
>Trainer customization becomes a permanent feature (different regions could sell different types of clothing options)
>>
>>24789730
the only pokemon that evolve with dawn stones also have gender restrictions so it doesn't work

milotic already has 2 methods to evolve

also the incenses would make shit more annoying

imagine:
>breeding roselias
>all the eggs are budew instead of roselia
>have to go through the effort of evolving budew to get a roselia to keep breeding

that's a fucking chore
>>
>>24789628
>artifact evolution methods are revamped
>artifact items get removed
>You can buy evolutionary stones from the marts
>HMs are an extra attack slot that you can't use in battles.
>HM deleting can be done by the player (can't think of a stuck scenario here, since you can teach the mon the move again, only problem would be releasing)
>no incenses

>>24789659
>like Dr Who
B-but /vp/ told me the anime is already Dr who!

Also
>Ash still existing
>making things better
It's too late to save his character.
>>
>>24789686
>even more
Stall is almost dead shitposter kun
>>
>>24791741
You can choose an option to remove those wishing for "special pokemon" when you search, you know
>>
>improve the search/filters of the GTS, give you the ability to see the summary of the mons before trading
>held item trade evolution changed to be held item level up evolution, normal trade evolutions also get an item to make it possible (possibly with a requirement, like having already own the resulting evolution)
>Trick Room, Tailwind and such have field animations that are dependant on how long they've been active (ex: last turn of trick room, the 'room' seems more unstable than the first, last turn of rain there is less rain than the first, and so on)
>checking the summary of your pokemon during a battle shows you the current stage of a stat, if a change was made (ex:a blue 2 next to attack if it was raised by 2 stages, a red 1 if it was lowered by 1 stage)
>add some quest or something to make the IV/Hidden Power Judge give you a key item or teach you, so you can judge IVs/HP by yourself at the summary or something.
>add the option to see the summary of a pokemon right after you catch it, before sending it to the box
>pokedex shows you the " base stats" of the pokemon/form you want, provided you already own it and allows you to compare it with other pokemon (not the actual numbers, but the 'shape', like they show in super training)
>pokedex registers the moves your pokemon learns so you can check at which level that species learns what move and what not
>pokedex keeps track of your breeding, like you can check which pokemon you have already bred together and which moves they passed onto the child, etc, allowing you to have a register of "egg groups" and stuff like that
>change the animations of things like Xatu or Skarmory that are just gliding there, looking dumb
>>
>>24789628
>incubator box in the PC
>"psychotherapist" NPC that changes the nature of the pokemon you have
>>
>you now earn experience points while walking
>>
>DIFFICULTY
>SETTING

-and-

>upon starting New Game
>DO YOU WANT TUTORIALS IN THE GAME?
>yes
>no
This way, May or Tierno or whichever cacnerous NPC wants to stop you every 4 seconds to tell you what Potions do or something WON'T and you can just play the game like RBY.
>>
>>24792417
Nature is already so easy to manipulate i wonder if this is really needed
>>
File: tumblr_nefjaa4cc21tv6zypo1_500.gif (1016 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nefjaa4cc21tv6zypo1_500.gif
1016 KB, 500x368
>>24789628
>make a new game with more exploring and a plot less shoved in your face like RBY except with essential stuff like phys/spec split, EV's, Natures etc.
>approx. 200 completely new pokémon
>pretend all 6 generations that came before never happened, especially mega evolution and parallel universe lore bullshit
>remove IV's

>tl;dr: reboot the pokémon franchise maintaining essential mechanics
>>
>acrobatics still gets boosted if the user holds a permanent item
>you can use the pokedex midbattle on pokemon already registered
>veil abilities function if the user is not present on the field and healthy
>instant option for text speed
>egg mons can learn one egg move if it travels with a compatible pokemon
>you can hop to neighboring towns and routes with bounce
>safeguard is boosted by light clay
>a gimmickmon that actually benefits from terrains
>>
File: bars.png (18 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
bars.png
18 KB, 333x250
Stats displayed as bars that show IVs and EVs like pic related (taken from google lel)

When breeding, chances of inheriting a stat follow a distribution curve with the peak being the average of the two parents' stats
>>
>>24793494
For example:

dark green = base stat
light green = IV
yellow = EV
>>
Mentioned this one before but

>Grinding mode
If your first poke is 15 levels or more higher than the wild pokemon in the area, you can turn on grinding mode
when you've done that, you won't encounter wild pokemon, but for every few steps your first poke will gain xp, lose HP, and PP, as if it just finished a battle

Yes/No?
>>
Turning battle animations off removes all ALL superfluous animation from the game and makes text instant.
Holding B auto scrolls text.
>>
>>24795145
>but for every few steps your first poke will gain xp
see: Pokemon Daycare

>>24795155
I like Battle animations, but they're sometimes too long, Gen IV in particular. I would love if they could be sped up.
>>
>>24795160
I don't like battle animations. Any time is too much time. When I select "battle animations off" I expect there to be no battle animations at all yet they still have some.
>>
>>24789648
thanks bb
>>
>>24789648
underrated
>>
>>24789888
trips confirm top kek

>>24789934
>Nah. HMs are supposed to make you think deeply about your team. They're perfectly fine.
>a pro-HM bootlicker
fucking end yourself
>>
Replace repels with the encounter slider from Bravely Default.

>slider has 5 options
>starts at +/- 0% which leaves the game as normal
>can go down to -50%, cutting the number of encounters in half, or -100% making it so you never encounter wild Pokemon
>can go up to +50% or +100% to get encounters every few steps
>does not affect trainer battles, which will happen regardless of what you set it too
Seriously, one of the best features of bravely default was being able to get rid of random encounters, and just have it be "Grinding Mode On/Off". Would make caves much better, make it easier to hunt down rare Pokemon, etc.
>>
>>24795160
>see: Pokemon Daycare
Yes, but then you won't get to bring them with you, and you won't have proper control over the moves they learn
The fact that it's so near daycare makes it even easier to implement too
>>
>>24789670
>R = B

It's like you don't even know what L = R is for
>>
>>24789730
They can't retcon the eeveelutions like that because then the problem of "why couldn't I do that in previous gens???" Comes up
>>
>>24792513
Random shinies, nature locked events and Blaze, the lvl 100 Charizard from FireRed say hi
>>
>>24795942
Its already happened in previous gens and literally nobody cared.

Swinub could learn Ancient Power as an egg move since gen 2, but that didn't become an evolution condition until gen 4. Literally everyone understands just fine that the reason you couldn't do it in prior generations was because it wasn't an option.

There is even already a prior case for changing the requirements of an evolution, as they changed Milotic's evolution method.
>>
>>24791454
>A lot of you people don't seem to understand what "minor" changes are.
>makes a long list of changes bigger than most that were mentioned

Good job being a hypocrite. Half of the changes you listed are dumb as fuck anyway.
>>
>new type of pokeball that is "see through", where its colors match the pokemon that is inside
>auto levels again
>nicknames slightly change color palettes
>>
>>24789628
Your dad is in your house with your mom
>>
>>24789646
litterally no one would be happy with a game like all of this.
>>
>>24789940
yeah itd be cool if like more pokemon had the whole spida effect,like you could catch one that has a cool birthmark/scar
>>
>>24792465
but what about newly introduced features/items
>>
>different color schemes aside from shinies that aren't insanely rare
>a way to turn off wild encounters
>new game+, where you can save your PC but start a new game.
>let players switch pokemon into different pokeballs
>let us turn off fly/cut/surf pre-animation or speed up
>speed up shit(berry picking, leveling, hatching animations) or let us skip them all together.
>>
>>24796399

name a single major change in that list
>>
>>24789648
>everyone trades their breeding leftovers for other breeding leftovers + occasional hacked lvl 1 legends
>>
>>24799205

Congrats for getting the point of it. Well maybe not legend, but it's a fun way to see what others are raising and get ideas.
>>
>odds of encountering a shiny increase 100x when you are out of pokeballs
>>
File: 1421738924405049235[1].jpg (20 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
1421738924405049235[1].jpg
20 KB, 285x200
>>24789628

One word
>>
>>24792709

That defeats the purpose of acrobatics
>>
I'm not sure why you can't catch fainted Pokemon other than to continue the gimmick of them needing to not be fainted.

I mean it makes the most sense to try to catch something when it is totally incapacitated.

HMs need to go. Seriously. It's 2015.

Easier breeding. I'm not spending 900 hours hatching a good team with great moves. I like Pokemon, but I also have a life.
>>
>>24801615
>Play Pokemon
>Have a life

Chose one
>>
>>24789628
Defog is a TM or there's a defog move tutor.
>>
>>24801615
I don't care about IV breeding, I'd rather rehaul EVs so wild pokemon give just points that can be distributed as you see fit and double the total cap but not the individual caps.
>>
>>24789628
HM's are now unusable in battle but don't take up a move slot. overworld puzzles only.
>>
>>24801615
That's basically rape, then.

>900 hours

Sure, maybe in like Gen 3. It takes a couple hours now tops.
>>
>>24801615
>On /vp/
>Has a life

Good one.
>>
>>24799545
i think he meant for mega stones and such, mevos do not get the acro boost because they permanently hold the stone
>>
Explanation/interruption dialogs are now all played out in 3D higher quality cutscenes instead of just over world models. Evolutions and eggs hatching now all have their own little cutscenes too.

Which you can skip
>>
>>24799152
Not that anon but

>two type chart changes
>nerfing a move by 30bp
>buffing two moves that don't need buffed
>early route bugs getting egg moves without the dexnav

The anon didn't say they were 'major' changes just that the first anon complained about a lot of people who posted before him not knowing what 'minor' changes are, then posting changes bigger than most that were previously posted. And he isn't wrong. I just named 4 big changes listed.
>>
>>24801635
>double the total cap but not the individual caps
So, sets only depend on moves anymore?
>>
>switching out when the opponent uses Protect does not make the Protect fail, thus rewarding good predictions
>>
Lots of extremespeed distribution to normal types

Hurray. Now normal isn't so shit.
>>
>>24791454
The room animation does not exist because so many rooms can overlap and it would look shitty. Still, some indication would be nice. Also, while we are speaking about giving the player more indications, it would be nice if there woud be some small menu showing you all the data of the battle like showdown has on-screen (but without the cluttered HUD) like boosts, opponent's move set etc. Basically when choosing wether you fight, switch pokes, use items or run you also get to click on your notebook or something where everything that happened in the fight has been written down, or atleast more info about the current turn.)
I am a spoiled brat, I know.
>>
REMOVE THE DAYTIME LOCK ON SKYMIN
>>
>>24801781
Make e-speed an egg move for Linoone atleast. I want to finally use it in-game.
>>
>>24795942
almost no one will give a shit that a new game makes an old one seem less convenient in order to improve itself.
>>
>>24798802
let the retards who can't figure it out suffer.
>>
>>24795942
Just say thet're mining Evolutionary Stones from a better deposit for higher quality stones.
>>
Skip flying/soaring animations
>>
You can re nickname Pokemon when you reach max happiness in Aime with it

Daycare Center man can store up to 30 eggs at a time in an egg box. Eggs can be withdrawn at leisure.

Egg moves can be learned through a tutor. Having to get rid of a Pokemon because it was given a new breeding exclusive move two gens later is retardation.

Starter Pokemon have 31 perfect ivs, have a 40% higher chance of being shiny. No reason to drop your fucking starter.

Tutor can switch to hidden abilities. Can only be used once every three days.

Rare candy gives Pokemon half the experience it needs to level. Can only be used 4 times a day.

Optional following Pokemon. Grants bonuses in Aime.
>>
>>24793504
I actually love this idea
>>
>>24799261
>GF implements dodging
>smegone fags on suicide watch
>>
File: le current year man.png (9 KB, 283x298) Image search: [Google]
le current year man.png
9 KB, 283x298
>>24801615
>It's 2015
>>
>>24799261
So, evasion?
>>
>Ice resists water
>Fairy type no longer resists Bug
>All fully evolved Shitmons get minor BST boosts
>Knock Off BP decreases
>Parental Bond nerfed
>Sticky Hold doesn't take boosted KO damage
>Kyurem-B gets Icicle Crash
>>
Release all selected pokemons/Eggs at once
Eggs Could be sold at the Daycare
>>
>>24802459
>Minor
>>
>>24789628
The ability to change IVs on a pokemon
>>
>>24802802
So, remove them entirely?
>>
>>24803019
Not true, 0 IVs are sometimes needed too :^)
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.