[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever encountered this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
Have you ever encountered this?
>>
Wait, is this the cringe thread?
>>
if I ever have a kid I am not gonna ban them from something until I actually check it out myself and decide I don't like it

its amazing that you have these people criticising something they are ignorant about

I blame the older generation not playing video games, they never bothered to look at the medium which is why all this crap came up back in the day
>>
>>24788251

When I was younger and the trend first took off people really looked at pokemon that way.

As for the kid, the kid hates his mom for throwing his favorite stuff out and probably thinks his pokemon stuff will get thrown out too.
>>
>>24788251
Back in the 90s? Yeah, a lot. Nowadays? Not really.
>>
>>24788262
No. Yes. Hell yes. Hell fucking yes. Cringe Thread: 90s Edition, is go!
>>
>>24788443
If you switch Christians with SJW's, not much has changed.
>>
>>24788251
Have I ever encountered someone baiting for replies on the internet? Yes, this thread is a perfect example.
>>
I was never allowed any kind of game system until I was something like 15, and I had to buy it myself. But that was more because my mom was a bitch than being extremely religious
>>
>>24788251
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn7TcsT91C8
>>
>>24788251
Obviously fake and gay. Too grammatically correct.
>>
>>24788251
I haven't experienced that.

I would like to explain how what in the post isn't true but I have been playing Pokemon since I was five and Im Pagan now so I don't think my argument would be valid.
>>
File: 8765.png (51 KB, 231x170) Image search: [Google]
8765.png
51 KB, 231x170
>>24791292
ignore this b8
>>
File: gone forever.jpg (143 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
gone forever.jpg
143 KB, 425x600
I went to a Catholic school on the side (in addition to regular school) when I was in elementary school.

The nuns there believed Pokemon was evil and such, and when they caught some of us trading cards they just took them all and said it was the devil's work and would never give them back. No lies.

I remember they took my holographic Chansey, which I was going to trade for like 3 cards because a kid thought it was crazy it has over 100HP and could survive Charizard. He didn't believe me and said if I showed him he'd give me a ton of good cards for it, including as I recall, his holographic Scyther.
Pic very much related
>>
>>24791312
Not b8.
Completely serious
>>
>>24788251
People from USA are so dumb and terrifying at the same time
>>
>>24788251
SHE'S NOT ENTIRELY WRONG, THOUGH. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, BANNING THINGS LEADS TO FRUSTRATION AND ULTIMATELY REBELLION AGAINST YOUR TORMENTORS.

THE ONLY THING SOCIETY AS A WHOLE HAS YET TO FIGURE OUT IS THAT BANS ALWAYS MAKE A SITUATION WORSE, DUE TO ESCALATION.
>>
>>24788453
Lol ok. The SJW boogeyman
>>
>>24791332
Do Catholics like completely ignore what their pope says or whatever? The pope at the time of the Pokemon craze pretty much said "Pokemon is pretty alright".

I've also met Catholics who question evolution, when the pope has acknowledged it actually being a thing.
>>
>>24788251
There's so much wrong with this, even from a Christian standpoint, I don't know where to begin.
>>
File: 1440103448495.png (175 KB, 1337x527) Image search: [Google]
1440103448495.png
175 KB, 1337x527
>>24791372
>>
File: A GIRLS BEST FRIEND.png (95 KB, 488x616) Image search: [Google]
A GIRLS BEST FRIEND.png
95 KB, 488x616
>>24791497
Most people are lukewarm or just cultural Catholics.
>>
File: 1449554058041.png (3 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1449554058041.png
3 KB, 249x249
>>24791527
Wasn't this where someone from /v/ started a thread about SMT on a Christian board and then some people replied with SMT lawfag avatars telling them to repent?

That was a riot.
>>
File: image.png (259 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259 KB, 750x1334
>>24791497
This was probably before the Vatican was like "chill, Pokémon's cool".

The POPE never said anything. It's just the church eventually had to be like "look, the game is about friendship, everyone calm the fuck down" when stuff like pic related started actually gaining steam.
>>
>>24791549
I can't understand why SMT hasn't caused an uproar.
Yet pokemon, which is very innocent does.
>>
>>24791549
Yeah, that was it. Some guy from a Christian game review site also dropped by.
>>
>>24791577
SMT is very niche so not many of these guys, who are ill-informed at the best of times, have heard of it.
>>
>>24791552
Isn't Landover Baptist a parody group?

Granted I get your point, I remember a lot of this kind of shit.

>>24791577
It's because it's not popular. It never really became a fad with kids like Pokemon or Harry Potter or the Backstreet Boys. So most of those who would be outraged by it don't know about it or don't think it's a threat because it's not a widespread thing.

It's easier to get someone to panic with your alarmist if something is more widespread. If you just know your kid is into some weird Japanese game with funny looking creatures, you might think it's a little weird, but you won't think too much about it until a preacher tells you that those creatures are actually demons and Pokemon is Japanese for "I love the devil".
>>
>>24791611
>with your alarmist
*with your alarmism
>>
>>24791552
if my pastor implemented a blow torch and a broad sword into his church stuff i would probably attend church more.
>>
>>24791662
I don't think that post is true
>>
>mom remarries
>stepdad is former drug addict turned moderately religious guy
>they go to NC to visit my mom's recently comatose friend
>the pastor of the church we went to in CT had a sister who's husband was a pastor of a church in the same town they were going to in NC
>they come back a few weeks later and say we're moving to NC because "God called us to move there"
>9 year-old me is sad at this news, but I still have my Pogemanz to keep me happy
>after a couple years down there stepdad's love of God and the new church has reached cult-like levels
>I remember being 11 and flat-out telling my family back in CT it was like a cult
>he gets more and more religious
>suddenly no more Pokemon, Yugioh, or Duel Masters
>I flip out
>says that how mad I was at him for taking my games and cards away if proof they have control over me
>motherfucker doesn't understand that I've been playing Pokemon since I was 4 and he's just taking away my enjoyment
>no more Halloween either, have to go to church's "harvest night"

Those were a crazy and boring couple of years. He ended up turning back into a pill head and I beat the shit out of him when I was 15. Now I'm 21 and live in CT again, he's 52 and also lives in CT again, but with his mom, and he has throat cancer.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next Pokemon game and he's awaiting the kiss of death. Check mate, nigga.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.