[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hoopa Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (48 KB, 239x244) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 239x244
Is there something I'm doing wrong for the Hoopa at McDonalds?

I live very far from the city, let alone a McDonalds but I managed to get some time today to grab one for X and AS but was unable to due to "no gift was found" when trying to get it.

I went to settings, found the McDonalds Free Wifi, connected but the connection test for Internet never passed despite being inside the establishment. I tried anyway thinking maybe it just needed a moment and selected via wifi, didn't work, then via Internet, and got the same error message.

I sat there with my 3DS stuck in the finding phase for the mystery gift for a good 3-4 minutes and nothing. Does it sometimes not allow you to connect because of volume of people using it or something (it was a little packed in there)?

I just don't know what I did wrong, other than waste my time at a place I don't even eat at. All I wanted was to get a legit Hoopa. And before it's mentioned I cannot use my phone as a hotspot for it because you can't change the name on iPhone, and the wifi I have at my house is currently not hooked up to a computer because all of that is packed (in the middle of house construction from moving).

Surely this is a common problem that can be easily fixed? Please help.
>>
Here, is this what you want, anons? You guys like this right?
>>
>>24787701
First thing, you 3DS auto-connects to McD's WiFi since they are a Nintendo Zone. No need to set up a connection. Can confirm.

Second, make sure when you're under Mystery Gift, you choose "via Internet" not "via Local Wireless"
>>
>>24787766
Not Sexual arousing, since It's Fanon.
>>
File: Hoopa (Pokémon).jpg (40 KB, 651x500) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa (Pokémon).jpg
40 KB, 651x500
>>
>>24787809
Oh really? I thought for sure you would have to manually select their wifi since I didn't have any internet before I checked the area. I will try again when I can make the long ass drive again. Thank you, anon. I just don't want to miss it, really trying to stay on top of distributions.

So I just walk in, turn on 3DS, load up the game, and select via Internet, and that's it?
>>
I'LL
>>
>>24787885
Yeah. You'll see the bar in the top left of the home screen turn blue and say "Internet" when it connects. Also make sure the physical Internet switch on the right side of the 3DS is on if you still have issues.
>>
>>24787912
It did read that it was connected to the Internet however. Also this is N3DS if that makes a difference, no wifi button on the side, but I do still have my standard 3DS if that would work better?
>>
>>24787701
Oh, sweet. I'm not the only one having problems. So when I go into my McDonalds, my 3ds does auto connect, but when I select mystery gift "via internet," it shows up as "no gift is available."

I can do everything else that is internet related while I'm there. Internet browser, youtube, multiplayer, you name it, but the event still isn't showing up. What gives? Is my McDonald's wifi stupid and doesn't realize that it's a McDonalds and not a residence?
>>
>>24787927
The Wifi probably didn't have the right name.

If I remember correctly, the 3DS checks for a specifically named unsecured Wifi network to give you the Hoopa.
>>
>>24787933
Side note: it's not just me having issues at my local spot. There were some kids that came in trying to do the same thing and they couldn't get it to work either.
>>
>>24787927
It'll work either way, as long as you get that blue bar to appear. I guess the N3DS never can be switched off if there is no switch, so that's probably better.
>>
>>24787945
Hmm, well there were two other open wifi connections available, would that fuck with the process?
My 3DS read that it had internet with full bars but it would cut out momentarily and nothing again. It did this throughout the whole time I was there.
>>
>>24787945
...I think that might be the issue. For some reason the wifi spots where I was, (and there were two for some reason), were named "atwifi" and "WaypointAccess." McDonalds hosted spots...but not actually named "McDonalds"
>>
>>24787950
It can be turned off via the settings at the home screen. Just less convinient, but it was on regardless.
>>
>>24787970
The one I manually tried connecting to said McDonalds Free Wifi and still had this issue. Don't know if it's because of multiple open wifi connections or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>24787945
This is why if you are having problems, you can do it yourself without McDonalds

If you edit your router settings or make a hotspot with your phone, all you need to do is set up a hotspot with an SSID of

McDonalds Free WiFi

Exactly as I have it above. Make sure it is set to Open security, then connect your 3ds to it. The mysterygift servers will think you are at McDonalds and will give you Hoopa.
>>
>>24788017
>Didn't read the OP.

But yes this is an option for people if they don't want to trade it.
>>
>>24788025
My bad, missed that part of the OP. Sorry that wasn't of any use.

And I'm guessing you don't have a laptop freely available because of the move, right?
>>
>>24788071
That's correct, my only option is the McDonalds. It was a nicer one too so I figured they would have it for sure, even though I live way out in the middle of nowhere. I wish they'd do away with this whole system, just put it in the game somewhere FFS.
>>
>>24788092
You mean like how they did with deoxys?
>>
>>24788119
For sure, make these Pokemon apart of the story, post game involved quests, puzzles, God damn near anything other than this archaic system for making certain Pokemon available for a limited time at a place no one would want to go to anyway.
Ugh this is frustrating.
>>
>>24788092
Well, even with the tips I mentioned earlier about the blue bar and "via Internet", if that paticular McD is fucking weird and their free WiFi router isnt named exactly "McDonalds Free WiFi", then it wont work. Even though you don't have to set up a connection, you can attempt to do so just to see if "McDonalds Free WiFi" is an option. If not, you're fucked and will have to find another McD
>>
>>24788188
Yeah im kind of confused Hoopa doesnt appear somewhere given that his rings are literally fucking EVERYWHERE
>>
>>24787701
>grab one for X and AS but was unable to due to
I had this exact problem with the opposite games (Y and OR).
Except I got it on Y just fine. but OR got the connection like it was Flygonite
>>
>>24788234
No no it was named that, and what I attempted to connect to but with no success, even though it indicated it was infant connected from the blue Internet bars up top the screen. But the connection test never went through, but if you say I don't have to do anything setup wise I guess I'll try that.
>>
>>24788279
Yeah, I first tried to connect to it as well. The connection test won't work. Then I read about the auto-connect and I've gotten a Hoopa in all 3 of my cartridges.

All signs look good for you from what you're telling me. Just take the tips from the thread and you should be fine next time you go to McD
>>
>>24788240
Arceus killed event mons in game
>>
>>24788315
Oh nice! That sounds promising, I will just waltz in and load the shit up next time, thank you.
>>
>>24787898
Obligatory
https://youtu.be/jWxkqcwqnp8
>>
GUIDE FOR THE SOCIALLY ANXIOUS SPERGS OUT THERE:

1. Change your WiFi name to "McDonalds Free WiFi" (without password)
2. Connect on 3DS
3. Go to mystery gift
4. Get via internet
5. Enjoy your Hoopa
>>
File: 1417383148210.jpg (49 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
1417383148210.jpg
49 KB, 500x478
>>24788254
>but OR got the connection like it was Flygonite
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.