[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rotation Battles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 54529.png (4 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
54529.png
4 KB, 256x256
Discuss your thoughts on it.
Also do you think that you can handle a Pokemon game that has every battle be a Rotation Battle?
>>
>>24784092
>Also do you think that you can handle a Pokemon game that has every battle be a Rotation Battle?
No
get rid of it and triples, make the trainers battle with their pokemon like in PBR
>>
Not something I want to play at sub 20 fps for sure.

Disposable on cartridge imo
>>
Not as good as triples. So much depends on luck, literally the worst of all battle types.
>>
>>24784092

what we need is rotation battles where all 6 pokemon are on the field and can be switched between freely
>>
>>24784092
I WANT MORE INVERSE BATTLES
>>
>>24784167
NOWF
NOWH
NOW4
NOWH
NOWR
NOWD
NOW5
NOWR
NOW7
NOWT
NOWE
NOWA
NOWS
NOWE
NOWS
>>
>>24784139
I enjoy the challenge but fuck if the AI screws you over. Especially when it is always rotating for 20+ games then suddenly stays in to do combo subpunches DDx3 Gyarados and your prediction is fucked
>>
>>24784153
YES
>>
>>24784092
It's fun online just for the mind games it causes, but too bad on cart it causes battles to become a slideshow. If it weren't for that I imagine more people would try it out on multiplayer even though it's gimmicky as all hell.
>>
>>24784092
Better than triples Tbh.
>>
>>24784318
This. All the fun of singles, none of the cancer of Multis, while also not using turns to switch to/from counters making entry hazards near-useless and making competitive 6v6 not potentially go for weeks
>>
>>24784223
what does it mean
>>
>no 4 trainer free for all
>>
>>24787478
the numbers Mason
>>
>>24784092

Keep it optional as side-line battles. Maybe give a chance for it to be a special case for a gym battle in a future game at best.

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting in it's own ways and gives new ways to battle. It just feels too much of a hassle if added too much in mandatory gameplay. Even find Triple battles a bit much, but at lest they keep them stationary like double battles. Till it found it's way to make it work or it's get altered to appeal better to players, best have it remain out of the way till people desire doing a rotation battle on the side.
>>
>>24784153

So basically the same but just having all pokemon out their pokeballs and on the field. switching out acting like rotation.

Sorta redundant to be honest.
>>
>>24784092
It's fun for in-game. Unfortunately there are none except that biker in Unova, right? I'd like to see a gym leader with a rotation battle. Maybe a Ghost-type.
>>
>>24788355
No, because you don't lose a turn, dipshit.
>>
Rotations needs to be replaced, it's not that interesting and is full of guesswork in competitive. It's almost non-existent in single player and online it's about as half as popular as triples which is already significantly less popular than singles/doubles. Hopefully they continue the pattern of new battle modes being introduced every second gen so gen 7 has something new.
>>
>>24784133
>get rid of it and triples

Fag
>>
Rotation battles made me unable to play Drayano's BW/BW2 mods. Fuck the grass gym
>>
>>24784153
conquest
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.