[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Private habits thread! Given that a huge chunk of Pokemon is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 16714703.jpg (156 KB, 400x501) Image search: [Google]
16714703.jpg
156 KB, 400x501
Private habits thread!

Given that a huge chunk of Pokemon is solo gaming, I know a lot of us come up with some weird little rituals or habits we got into doing because no one was watching. Whether or not you believe they give you luck, some of them we just do because they feel right, and/or we've been doing them since we were kids.

Pic related, it's the most common one I've heard of - but not the only one. Here are a couple of mine:
>Always go indoors before saving, because fuck if I'm sleeping outside
>Step away from the PC after using it if I need to use the start menu, because I wasn't born in a barn and I don't like blocking public access
>Never nickname proper legendaries because if there's only one then its species name feels more like its real name and it feels cheap to change it to George or whatever
>>
I never save with my character facing diagonally cause I think it'll corrupt my game or something
>>
File: 1397893964560.png (285 KB, 376x440) Image search: [Google]
1397893964560.png
285 KB, 376x440
>>24778414
>memegenerator
>>
>>24778414
I thought I was the only one who saved twice every single time. Whew.

The only other one I can think of is that I always close my eyes when I throw a Pokeball and open them when something happens.
>>
>>24778418
Didn't have a more relevant thread topper saved. Not partial to them myself either

Also,
>take off itemfinder when talking to people because I don't want to look like a goddamn idiot
>>
File: 1448470087469.jpg (150 KB, 1046x716) Image search: [Google]
1448470087469.jpg
150 KB, 1046x716
>>24778414
>memegenerator

I tend to save twice, just to be sure, not only when fighting legendaries, but whenever I feel like it has happened a long time since I last saved or I'm about to stop playing.

Other than that, I don't remember any habit in-game.

>>24778418
>not using this version
>>
I try to have a good mix of genders on my team because i feel like its weird if the team is all one gender
>>
Dark Pulse always feels extremely weak even though it's actually decent just cause of the attack animation
>>
>>24778414
>literal autism: the thread
>>
File: pk1.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pk1.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>not finding a town to live in and a house for yourself, and when playing in post-game always going back there before saving

plebs
>>
>>24778465
I decided mine was in Sinnoh/Canalave. Every other region I headcanon staying at Pokemon Centres
>>
>>24778464
Nothing wrong with that, anon.
>>
>>24778465
This is a great idea. Where do you live, anon?
>>
>>24778434
I wish npcs would acknowledge little things like this. Doesn't brandan/may joke about it looking cool when you first get it? It would be nice if it felt like i were actually interacting with characters in the game rather then treating everyone and everything like a billboard
>>
I dunno if this counts but i like to close my eyes when a battle starts and try to guess what sort of pokemon it is based on its cry.
Im usually completely wrong
>>
>>24778510
I've wanted this for a long time! I only have a passing interest in battling, and I'm garbage at the competitive side. More of a RPG element would be cool. The dress-up stuff in X/Y was a nice touch, but nowhere near enough.

At the very least it'd be cool if you could choose what kind of a person you wanted to be and weren't forced into the whole Gym challenge/Elite Four thing unless you wanted to do it.

They spent a lot of time establishing the existence of Rangers and Breeders and the like of other trainer classes, but you're shoehorned into being a Trainer because that's tradition. I'd like to be something that suited me more, and have NPCs react accordingly.
>>
When I'm bored I put on my team a Ninetales, a Swellow, a Politoed and a Diggersby to feel like I'm playing Star Fox on 3DS.

Now that we can choose the music before online battles I remade my team from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova 2 for Alpha Sapphire to feel like I'm playing a 3D version of those games. The music I put to my Old Hoenn team is the "Primal Battle".
>>
>>24778414
>Mew the George
>>
>In boxes (apart from my competitive mons and legends), I box my mons depending on their habitats.
>I don't nickname my legendaries
>Keep certain mons gender specific like female Audino, male machamp, male starters, female sylveon, etc
>In X/Y, changed my clothing depending on the season IRL
>>
File: tfw not spooky.png (8 KB, 763x438) Image search: [Google]
tfw not spooky.png
8 KB, 763x438
>>24778958
>>
I have all the megas with correct Nature, Ability, Moves and EV Spread with its respective Mega Stone even if I don't use it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.