[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of creampuffs, they should make fairy types out of mythical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 18qjrdpuxq0i7jpg.jpg (34 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18qjrdpuxq0i7jpg.jpg
34 KB, 636x358
Instead of creampuffs, they should make fairy types out of mythical creatures.

Some ideas:

>fairy/fighting satyr/fawn
>fairy/poison chimera
>fairy/steel minotaur
>fairy/flying pegasus or griffin
>fairy/dark werewolf
>fairy/bug pixie

The type has a lot of potential, but it's being wasted. The name is fine, but it would be better off being used as a sort of catch-all type for mythical or fantastical creature based pokemon.
>>
>>24778388
i agree. this would make the type appear less "gay"

in its current state I only appreciate Togekiss and Gardevoir (but also only because I've already liked them before). And maybe Swirlix
>>
>>24778388
>Catch all type for mystical
Oh like most pokemon?
Everyone knows a werewolf would be dark/Fighting and a minotaur would be ground/Fighting.
I get what you mean by making fairy more diverse but to have it as "anything mythical = fairy" doesn't work concept wise.
>>
>>24778390
>>24778388
>fairies
>less "gay"
>being underage
Kek
honestly there's nothing wrong with fairy being a somewhat more feminine type tho as it's part of their nature to be ethereal and endearing, however game freak has given no solid direction to the type similar to dragon so who cares it's open to interpretation and people needs to stop being autistic about it
;)
>>
File: fairyenergy.png (594 KB, 943x659) Image search: [Google]
fairyenergy.png
594 KB, 943x659
>>24778388
>>24778437
This. Also I'm 100% sure GF knew they were making a type that was more generally "feminine"/cute than the other existing types. I mean, look at pic related, it's a fucking pussy. People like girly stuff, and GF is delivering.
I understand where OP is coming from though it's not like we don't already have "mystical" (a highly arbitrary term in regards to pokemon design imo) existing fairy designs currently. We already have Florges, Gardevoir, Xerneas, Mawile, Mega Altaria and Togekiss. It's only been one gen, anon, GF is easing us into the type. Give it time and you're bound to see more fairies reminiscent of fantastical monsters, just be patient.
>>
I like Fairy type the way it is and there are 17 other types for people that dislike the cuteness/femininity of the typing.

That said I wouldn't mind any of those ideas if they looked like a mature Fairy type (ex. Xernas).
>>
See here's the huge problem with that, you can't just make everything based on myth or legend fairy type. Otherwise a good fifth or fourth of the pokemon in the game would be fairy type, and it would hog one of the spaces for a type actually indicative of the mythical creature.

Salamence doesn't have room to be dragon/fairy, froslass doesn't have room to be ice/fairy, and in the future things would get very homogenous very fast if every mythical creature were fairy type.
>>
File: MESSIAHMOON.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
MESSIAHMOON.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>>24778388
I swear if more people understood that fairy type is basically "Sailor Moon, the Type" we wouldn't have these threads popping up anymore. If you've ever watched Sailor Moon, you'd get it. GF created the fairy type partially as a love letter to the SM franchise. The type as a whole is basically a toss up between actual fairy lore, cutesy nonsense, and references to the magical girl genre.
>>
>>24778388
fairy/dark dullahan when?
>>
>we'll never have a fire/fairy Rapidash evolution
Fairy type is literally the worst thing to happen in pokemon
>>
>>24778505
this symbol remember me the madokami one

>fairy/ghost when?
>>
>>24778586
Except that's not what people want though. And not every Pokemon has to be every type that it represents. Sableye and Spiritomb clearly have rocks on their bodies but aren't rock types. Beedrill flies and is bug/poison. You wouldn't need to make Dragonite Dragon/Fairy because it has two types it already wants to be more. Hell, Gremlins were fairies and nobody wants Sableye to be part fairy at all.

The part that doesn't apply for is things like the Banshee, a legitimate fae in folklore. Or a Boggart. Or a Gnome. Or a brownie. Those can all be fairies. There were a bunch of things legitimately called fairies. Just like pixies or some forms of chimera (origins of the chimera would even make it different, like a Chimera from Mother 3 might not be a fairy)
>>
not really on topic but why did they make jigglypuff fairy?
>>
>>24782172
It looks like a stereotypical cute pixie without wings
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.