[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PokeFeels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: ss+(2015-12-06+at+05.50.35).jpg (41 KB, 596x587) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-06+at+05.50.35).jpg
41 KB, 596x587
Share close personal memories related to Pokemon. A lot of us grew up with Pokemon, so it'd make sense that it may have defined a large chunk of someone's youth.

The other day I started a new save file in r/s. The intro music started and I was reminded of what was probably the best few years of my childhood.

>Be in 4th/5th grade.
>Ruby Sapphire just came out.
>I'm stoked.
>Pokemon considered kiddy where I went to school, everyone was playing Halo or sports games.
>Anyone who still liked Pokemon in those grades were bullied pretty bad.
>I was afraid to be made fun of so I play in secrecy.
>At this time I also had a huge crush on a girl from school.
>Walk by her desk one day, see her drawing an Umbreon.
>Build up the courage to talk to her, we nerd out about pokemon, become instant best friends.

We spent the entirety of the year drawing our Ruby/Sapphire teams and building little gyms out of cardboard and making our own Pokemon board games etc. We would meet at a secret spot during school break and try to find each others secret bases. It was great.

At first we got made fun of by the assholes that used to be my friends, but at that point I didnt give a shit because I had a girlfriend and none of them did. From them on I was way more confident on wearing my interests on my sleeve, regardless of what other people might think.

Those were the best god damn years of my childhood. Its the reason why R/S is my personal favorite of all the gens.
>>
That's a really good story.

I can't be bothered to tell about mine, not as interesting as yours. Share more if you got em.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 417x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 417x318
Always inspired me to become stronger. Just finally started to lift in the gym last October.
>>
>>24778311
Gotto get stronk to catch em all.
>>
>>24778306
Are those supposed to look like MonHun symbols or am I losing it?
>>
>>24778328
They are
>>
I have fond memories of sitting in the local park with my neighbour, playing FRLG.

His parents never let him get any consoles or even a TV, so he used to borrow my sister's dumb pink GBA.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 579x570
>>
File: wormlight2.jpg (9 KB, 286x318) Image search: [Google]
wormlight2.jpg
9 KB, 286x318
>>24778336
Thats one of the best things about growing up with portable consoles. It was possible to work around my dickish parents by playing gameboy at school/friends houses.

When the SP came out that was a fucking godsend. Back lit screen meant I could play in my room while they thought I was sleeping.
>>
i was so happy when i got crystal versioncause cause i got to play as a girl
and didn't have to worry about being made fun of cause it was on my gb not some tv screen where others could see
>>
>>24778296
I had sapphire in late middle school. By then most kids my age had stopped playing and my younger brother wanted nothing to do with me. I was sent to another school after I stopped going since I couldn't handle the bullying. The new school was about an hour away so I'd play Sapphire the whole ride.

I met a boy with Ruby and we became friends. Every morning we'd play together and have fun trading battling and mixing pokeblocks. We became friendly rivals progressing through the game together, if one of us got very far we'd wait for the other to catch up and helped eachother through puzzles. We'd lend pokemon to eachother to help with type weaknesses in gyms. We stayed good friends until he moved, always playing gba games together.

To this day I've never had another friend who actually adventured with me like he did. I'll play with people who use guides or cheat codes to rush through or friends who only play once in a blue moon since they'd rather do thier own thing with online shooters. We shared that adventure together and I'll treasure those days always.
>>
File: the_grave_by_suikuzu-d5wm48j.jpg (126 KB, 797x1002) Image search: [Google]
the_grave_by_suikuzu-d5wm48j.jpg
126 KB, 797x1002
I've told this story once before in a thread about our favorite pokemon, but here it is again.

>Early grade school
>Red/Blue come out in North America
>Hear about the ability to make a squad of kaiju monsters and fight your friends, and love it.
>Get Blue version and pick Squirtle because Ninja Turtles.
>Play virtually non-stop after school and homework
>Squirtle turns to Wartortle, then eventually to Blastoise
>Eventually have the first level 100s at school
>Gain a reputation after being the first to catch Mewtwo
>Keep getting challenged to link cable battles at recess
>Go on an undefeated streak for the rest of the school year
>Feels good knowing I'm actually good at something other than school work.

>Gold and Silver come out
>Pokemon isn't cool at this point
>Get made fun of a bit
>Barely play my copy of Silver
>On top of everything else, discover my save file in Blue is corrupted and was wiped
>In my mind, Blastoise and my other pokemon were "dead"
>Stop playing pokemon entirely

Fast forward many years later...

>Diamond and Pearl come out
>New Nintendo DS technology allows for wifi battles and trading
>Sounds pretty cool, so I decide to pick up a copy in a fit of nostalgia
>Consider the starters
>Oh look, another turtle! A grass one. That's cool.
>Discover he evolves into pic related, a badass mountain turtle tank thing that sounds like a revving engine.
>Think this is the coolest pokemon ever, and takes me back to the Blastoise years
>Think aloud that it would be cool if there was a fire turtle to go with the grass and water ones
>Discover Torkoal exists
>TheMagicIsBack.jpg

>Today
>Have a bunch of Torterras in storage for battles
>One is a physical attacker, one is a wall that sets up spikes, another is a max IV shiny
>And then there is another one
>This one's moveset isn't optimal, no max IVs, and isn't even level 100
>But it still gets use every now and then
>Because it is the same Torterra that brought me through Pearl version and brought me back.
>>
File: GloryDays.jpg (29 KB, 428x402) Image search: [Google]
GloryDays.jpg
29 KB, 428x402
I don't know about feels.
The games just made me very happy when I was younger.

I'm glad I got to be there for the beginning.
>>
File: iAd6piz.gif (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
iAd6piz.gif
127 KB, 500x500
>Its second grade during GSC.
>Be known as the best pokemon player in the school cause no one in my grade could beat me.
>New kid transfers into my grade/class.
>This new kid had been talking about his "unbeatable" team all day.
>Eventually he heard about me and challenged me.
>Vividly remember EVERYONE in my grade trying to warn him.
>He challenges me
>I accept
>Everyone on the playground is in a circle watching as my Gengar wrecks his team.
>He got so mad I could see the tears of pure unadulterated salt welling up in his eyes as he LITERALLY SAWED his link cable with red kindergarten scissors.
>>
>>24778296
did you marry her OP?
>>
The days when PokeMania were in full effect were great. Trading cards with classmates, discussing strats, helping others out... it was great. That year was magical. I moved away and it was around the time Gold/Silver rolled in. The closeness was gone, and far less kids my age cared about Pokemon (there were holdouts, but the magic was dead.) Aside from a few conversations here and there, I hardly interacted with peers about Pokemon until high school when Gen 4 came around.

>Diamond and Pearl come out
>actually find other people who care about it
>Get a copy some weeks later
>trade, battle, etc. with classmates and people online
The magic was back! 07-09 was amazing for me.

Also
>8th grade
>topic of Pokemon comes up with the girl I'm crushing on
>tell her I'm trying to complete my Hoenn dex and I'm missing Jirachi
>she tells me that she has Jirachi (from Colosseum)
>she wants to touch trade.gif
Getting to trade with her at all is a good memory of mine.

Had some good times with Pokemon.
>>
Idk if any of you here ever dreamed of being a pokemon master and traveling the world. Now I'm grown up. Time flies by fast.
>>
>>24782846
Fingers crossed for Pokémon GO to be everything we ever dreamed
>>
Kinda lame, but whatever. I was outside my dad's church and I was playing Silver on the playground near it as it had just came out. (I guess I was six at the time?) This other kid who was a year or two older than me was playing it too and we bonded it over. He taught me the cloning glitch and I thought it was the coolest thing. I think he used a Gastly and had it hold a TM.

It's so weird to think that one point in my life I thought third graders were old.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.