[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What assets from each game would you take and mash together to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10
File: odpHqYf.jpg (109 KB, 649x159) Image search: [Google]
odpHqYf.jpg
109 KB, 649x159
What assets from each game would you take and mash together to create the ideal Pokemon game your eyes?
>>
>>24776994
gen 5 with better graphics
>>
>>24777000
double trips confirms
>>
I'd probably just have to take my favorite things from each game. Gen 1's actual story of just becoming a pokemon master, followed with gen 2's level of post game, with gen 3's post competitive battling system, gen 4's character design and music, gen 5's music quality levels to amp up gen 4's jazz, and gen 6 3d models.
>>
>>24776994
Gen 5 character sprites with gen 3 environments. Higher quality versions of gen 1 pokemon sprites.
>>
>>24776994
Story of Gen I
The plain and simple story with an abundance of side-story junk was great, better then when they tried to force story too hard, *cough* gen V *cough*

The feel of Gen II
G/S/C has a weird vibe that just, hhh, hard to explain but damn

The BIKES of Gen III
2 bikes that can bunny hop and pull wheelies when?

Music of Gen IV
Cmon, this gen had the best music

Graphic of Gen V
Simple, the graphics look best at this time

In my mind, the series ended at BW2, Gen VI doesn't exist in my mind
>>
>>24776994
Gen 1 atmosphere, Gen 2 presentation, Gen 3 framerate, Gen 4 music, Gen 5 phenomena, Gen 6 battle mechanics
>>
Just a pokemon game that's actually a challenge. Have an "easy mode" for kids who can't handle the difficulty. Seriously gen 5 was awesome but damn gen 6 is too easy. Way too easy.
>>
>>24776994
Gen 1's simple story with added mystery for fanon. No forced box legendary bullshit.
Gen 2's rural Japan inspiration.
Hoenn's diversity between cities and its amount of non-compulsory explorable areas.
Battle Frontier/PWT.
A fuck load of evos and prevos (or even megas) a la gen 4.
Rollerskates and 2 bikes.
Apricorns.
Safari game.
Gen 3 contests.
Gen 5 EXP system.
Post-game region like Johto/Kanto but with more depth. Imagine Delta Episode and the XY post-game but spread out over a new (or old) region, with badges.
>>
>Genwun
Basic plot. I don't care for stopping the evil team from abusing the box legend every time and getting stopped by NPCs everytime I enter a new area.

>Gentoo
A variety of cool events occurring that makes the world feel alive (lapras appearing on fridays, bug catching contests, etc.)

>Genthree
Interesting optional areas full mystery like the Sealed Chamber/Tanoby Ruins

>Genfore
The music

>Genfive
A huge new roster of Pokemon with minimal appearances from oldmons

>Gensicks
The high level curve. Maybe add settings for the EXP share.

these Tbh.
>>
File: 1402697293574.jpg (605 KB, 1700x800) Image search: [Google]
1402697293574.jpg
605 KB, 1700x800
Gen 1 Pokemon quantity, Gen 2 game corner, Gen 3 everything not stated elsewhere, Gen 4 level of old-Pokemon evolutions, Gen 5's "no old Pokemon til you beat the game" thing, Gen 6 graphics, mechanics and Amie.
>>
Gen 5 story and characters
DPPt's mysterious? Atmosphere
Gen 4+5 music
BW2's graphics but even better
Gen 5 style pokemon
I'm a sucker for the DS gens, doesn't mean I hate the previous gens though.
But I hate gen 6 with all my heart
>>
I would have:

- the simple bad guy team of RBY (Team Rocket)
- the diversity and history in the cities of GSC (port cities, lake areas, Ecruteak's towers, Ruins of Alph, etc.)
- the diversity of natural landscapes of RS
- the Battle Frontier of E
- the side-quest island chain of FRLG
- the comfy music and deepest lore of DPPt
- the following pokemon and Pokeathlon of HGSS
- the in-battle graphics and use of gym leaders in the story of BW
- the sequel goodness of B2W2
- the diversity of wild pokemon of XY
- the DexNav and special episodes of ORAS
>>
>Genwun:
Nothing...?
I guess I like how you just start in these games and get your Pokemon really quick and can start your adventure soon.
>Gentoo
Easy. Multiple Regions. 16 badges. 3 or more seems like too much but being able to continue your quest, opening up new areas and Pokemon to catch after E4 is my favorite part of this gen.
>Gen3
Contests + Berry system. I'm also very fond of the monster designs of this gen.
>Gen4
Well, uhm... it DOES have a good/cozy atmosphere. Cool areas. Those sorts of things. It introduced the phys/special attack split, so mechanic wise it's great.
>Gen5
EVERYTHING.
-Main points-
Gameplay wise:
I like how the battles are faster than previous gens (i.e. less time taken for attack animations, less time for a wild pokemon to appear)
Story wise:
I liked the amped up story and characters. Some NPCs like N that you want to befriend and change his outlook and watch him develop. An evil dude like Ghetsis that you would take pleasure in stopping. Side quests like Yancy/Curtis and a loli gym leader/champion. Or the PWT.
-Else-
Monster designs are the best in the series imo. And of course the music. Fuck the music from BW2 was amazing.
Again. Everything.
>Gen 6
3D obv. Trainer customization. Meh
>>
>>24778272
>Special episodes of ORAS
>Episodes

Was there more than one? I didn't really play post-game in ORAS.
>>
>>24778358
No, but I would take the concept of "special episodes" and use it in a new game. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>24776994

>Gen 1 story and character, however less convoluted and more optional
>Gen 5 and 3 Pokemon designs
>Gen 6 EXP SHARE and graphics
>Gen 6 Pokedex
>Gen 4 length and pace
>Gen 6 online battling with gen 4 leveling your pokes to 100
>>
gen 6 mechanics and engine
gen 4 music and difficulty
gen 3 content and postgame
+gen 2 postgame
>>
>>24778190
>basic plot
Isn't it the same? The only difference is that there is no legendary and the NPC are just the props to cut/move that can talk.
>>
Gen 1 style attack animations and sound effects.
Gen 2's multiple regions and time-sensitive stuff.
Gen 3's contests, Berry Blender (with multiplayer).
Gen 5's better BGM with vocals, smacktalk in gym battles, BGM changing when HP gets low, seasonal stuff, PWT, visuals.
Gen 6's mechanics, trainer custom if they could make it work with sprites, rollerblades with unlockable tricks (fuck you, I liked it).
Also the DOO DOO DOOO DOOO of the pokeballs racking up at the start of battle.
>>
>>24778584
Holy shit the pokeballs at the start of battles were one of my favourite things shit was so hype
It was disappointing when they removed it in gen 6
>>
Let's see what people like the most about the gens:

>Gen 1
basic storyline
>Gen 2
postgame
>Gen 3
expansive areas, many of which were optional
>Gen 4
music
>Gen 5
graphics
>Gen 6
3D
>>
>>24777000
Gen 5 was the worst in the series.

>>24777020
>Gen VI doesn't exist in my mind
Shut up retard.
>>
>>24778595

Gen 5 had the objectively best pokemon designs though. I can say that because it's my least favorite gen and i have yet to pass through any gen 5 game because of shit they are. So we should keep whoever designed these pokes and less barneys.
>>
>>24778603
>gen 5
>not gen 6

Shit taste tbqhfäm
>>
>>24778603
Fuck off, their opinions are just as valid as yours.
>>
>>24778610

"gen 6 doesn't exist" isn't a valid opinion, it's juvenile delusion
>>
>>24778615
I'm not talking about that part obviously.
But even for the other thing he specifically said in his mind. It's up to him.
>>
Preface: I have yet to play gen 5 and 6 so my knowledge of them is lacking
>Graphics of gen 3 or 4
>Reuseable tms
>Power creep to gen 4 levels
>2 areas like gen 2 but each area is not as barren
>Mixed trainer pokemon champion like Cynthia and Dicks
>physical and special split
>Pokemon Emerald battle frontier
>things like the trick house
>revitalized Team rocket
>battle tents like in emerald
>not gen 2 or 3 music
>>
>>24778654
>team rocket AGAIN
They're pretty cool
>>
>>24778603
>Gen 5 was the worst in the series.
>worst

You spelled "best" wrong.
>>
File: 1409114392694.jpg (85 KB, 595x574) Image search: [Google]
1409114392694.jpg
85 KB, 595x574
>>24776994
>Gen I
Openworld factor, caves/dungeons actually being multifloor dungeons, and legendaries hiding in their own dungeons tat you have to actively seek out and find
Also have Missingno/Glitch City-like glitches that don't actually harm the game but add fun to it, along with just general oddities that contribute to urban legends and deepest lore theories.
Having the rival always be one step ahead.
Sprites that actually show action and not just static poses.
Move sound effects.

>Gen II
Having a sister region you can travel to post game with full 8 badges, but make it actually difficult and full of things to do.
Caves that have multiple exits in the vein of dark cave and Union cave, but no shit like Dark Cave's "you can only actually traverse the exits when going down so this cave is pointless".
Having a rival

>Gen III
Definitely take the overall speed and fluid transitions between routes and cities without loading screens, also secret bases and contests.
More hidden shit like the Regis, Battle Frontier, region that actually feels connected and makes sense with beautiful environments.
>>
>Gen IV
General battle mechanics such as stat spreads and type match-ups are taken here to avoid the powercreep that exists in Gens V&VI and Gen VI's stupid steel nerf.
Underground was cool so add that, Poketch apps, standardized gym leader rematches (how the fighting dojo was in HGSS)
Add too the way Sinnoh had a rich culture/lore to the region that was also reflected in the very layout of the region iself (lake trio triangle + Spear Pillar)
Hidden areas of the map that only expose themselves when you discover them + routes that have multiple connecting routes and cities.
Pokemon following you

>Gen V
Hidden abilities, graphics, story depth and character depth.
Cheren and Bianca like rivals, characters like N and Colress, Pokemon World Tournament, full character sprites, countless new pokemon native to the region with no appearances of older mons in the first run through.
Implement the key system but in a way that actually works with a challenge mode and New Game+ options.

>Gen VI
Better implemented fairy type, certain megas becoming evolutions (Mawile, Bannette) while others just plain don't exist,
Post game side-quests akin to Looker's and Trainer customization.

As a general note, designs should be on the level of V and III with some I sprinkled in.

Things I would like to add that haven't technically introduced include:
Character portraits when talking, anime cutscenes (think BW2 teaser)

And then more unrealistic things:
All the regions, ability to switch between models and sprites, get to mange your own gym, rival that joins the evil team, enhanced character creation, actual GB player- not just chiptune, much more general personalization, the ability to remove your hat.
>>
>>24778759
>>24778763
Read all of it and that's fucking perfect, good job.
We had very brief moments of character potraits with N in Gen V, but that was more of a special scene kind of thing. I'd love to see more of that.
>>
>>24776994
Gen V base

+Gen I Glitchmons
+Gen II dual regions
+Gen III Battle Frontier
+Gen IV Music
+Gen VI changes to moves/abilities
>>
>>24776994
Literally just gen V and no further. I hate this pseudo 3D crap, its bland, ugly, and empty. Sprites offered so much more visually.

I can't even stand Gen 6 because of it.
>>
>Gen IV graphics
>Gen II music
>Gen I story
>Gen VI mechanics(battle mechanics, TMs, EXP Share, etc.)
>Gen I speed(or whichever game is the fastest)
>Gen III Pokemon design
>Gen IV difficulty, adjusted to match EXP Share
>Gen I fun glitches
>>
>>24776994
ORAS had a great amount of post game content and made it easier than other games to capture the legendaries. i really just want a chance to capture all pokemon with no bs of having to go to gamestop for events or hooking up with a second copy

what i really want are ghost, fighting, and normal type starters.
>>
>>24780086
>ORAS had a great amount of post game content
Oh boy
>>
File: 1436442122730.jpg (78 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1436442122730.jpg
78 KB, 750x750
>>24780086
>>
>>24780086

catching a bunch of legendaries that a ton of people already have that are put in random shitty locations because the devs were too lazy to make new dedicated areas for them is not good post game
>>
>>24779367
Gen 4 and 5 already had 3D overworlds, only characters were 2D. Gen 5 battles look awful.

>pseudo 3D
What are you talking about?
>>
Rival naming from gen 1.

The multiple regions/badges and time differences of gen 2.

The Vs Seeker, contests, trick house and Battle Frontier from gen 3.

Gen 4's music and Platinum's story. Oh, and following pokemon and a customizable Safari Zone.

The PWT, reusable TMs and hard mode from gen 5.

Similar graphics to gen 6 (maybe with a bit of an update), game mechanics, online features, and trainer customization.

In addition to all of that, I'd probably want a lot more variety in the pokedex as well as the ability to choose a starter from any trio of starters. I don't understand why so many people would prefer a simplistic, uninteresting, uninspired story over one with more depth and excitement.
>>
>>24778740
>>24777000
You guys are literally underage or just have shit tastes. Gen 5 was the games that turned Pokemon into linear bullshit. You literally go around the region in a straight line, there is no room for exploration until postgame. There's no backtracking and it's like the people of the region hold your hand and guide you through the region like you are some little kid lost at an airport.
>>
>>24780607
Everything else was great though
>>
>>24780616
You're gonna have to elaborate
>>
>>24780607
Kanto is equally as linear as gen V in terms of story, it's just geographically non-linear.
>>
>>24777020
>Gen VI doesn't exist in my mind
Fuck off.
>>
>>24780633
Music, mons, graphics, aesthetic, characters, etc were all great
All the gens before Gen 5 were also pretty linear though, so not sure what you're talking about
>>
>Remake every game.
>Make them all look like Silver/Gold/Crystal
>Make them all sound like Silver/Gold/Crystal
>Great profits.
My potatoes are mashed.
>>
>>24780607
>linear bullshit

So... every Pokemon game.

Yes, the region was a simpler design than the others. But it wasn't actually any more linear in terms of deciding where to go next and how to get there. There have been very few instances in the series of having any meaningful option as to where to go next, and B/W is barely different, if at all. If you want to complain about the simpler physical layout, fine, but I don't see B/W being substantially more "linear" than any other game in the series. It's not a open-world series, and never has been.

And even if you disagree with that, I'd think that B/W2 would have addressed most of your concerns. It added a good deal of complexity to the layout, and even some backtracking (though frankly I don't quite know why you're saying that backtracking is a such a great thing).

And, even if you disagree with both of those and insist that B/W and B/W2 are substantially more linear than any other game in the series, I happen to think that it's a minor complaint. Everything else about the games was great. I suppose that's a matter of opinion that you're free to disagree with, but in my view everything else about those games worked, and region layout and "handholding" ultimately just don't matter much to me.
>>
>>24780639
>it's just geographically non-linear.
That's the point. The story can be as linear as it wants to be but the way you went about traveling in Gen 5 was just bad. Unless you manually backtrack, you visit each town besides the postgame towns of Unova only once before the game is over. You do whatever quest you need to do in that town like gyms or evil team shenanigans and then you leave. You aren't allowed to do other things until the game is over.
>>
>>24780626
Stop spamming asshole.
>>
>>24780725
>you visit each town besides the postgame towns of Unova only once before the game is over

Why is that such a terrible thing?
>>
>>24780725
I dislike backtracking so honestly it was nicer to be able to keep progressing
>>
>>24780743
Not that anon but only visiting each town once makes things less significant. The reason why you should visit a town is because there is something interesting about it so touching it once and most likely never again (like that desert town in BW2) makes it seem pointless
>>
>>24780725
At least it lets me backtrack.
I'd rather manually backtrack to towns I like if I wanted to rather than be forced to backtrack here and there.
>>
Genwun story and lore- basically 0 story and no constant rival interruptions. Gentoo multiple regions and comfiness but without the gentoo restrictions that made Kanto halfassed. Gen 3 dive. Gen 4 region design no babbies allowed. Gen 5 tons of new mons. Gen 6 type chart and move/ability changes.
>>
>>24780769

But in what way is Gen V different from any other game in the series in that respect? There are plenty of reasons to return to particular cities in B/W. Just because you're not forced to make second passes through cities doesn't mean that there aren't reasons to do so. You said it yourself - "The reason why you should visit a town is because there is something interesting about it." Being forced to pass through again because of region design isn't itself interesting, is it?

And how many times you pass through a city notwithstanding, I think that the Unova cities are the most interesting in the series. They all have unique character, and are more distinctive from each other than in most other cases in the series. Even only having to go though each city once, I found most of them to be very memorable. Just as an example, I remember Accumula Town, a random early-game city with nothing notable in it, much better than similarly placed cities in other regions.
>>
File: 1448819594214.jpg (71 KB, 442x552) Image search: [Google]
1448819594214.jpg
71 KB, 442x552
>>24780671
It's all a matter of opinions anyway. I thought the BW aesthetics were just a hot mess, especially the battles. Too much things on the screen and too much things going on. Things like the camera moving, sometimes even so far it wouldn't even show the whole Pokemon, all the HP bars filling the screen, BW2 adding "EXP" to the bar for no reason, your status for online or AR, weather, Jesus Christ it was all too much

Like did we really need the battery, wi-fi signal, and TIME on the battle screen? And then those blurred battle backgrounds.

And oh god don't even get me started on the C-Gear
>>
>>24780850
I thought those were pretty cool, but yeah, just opinions.
Some people prefer more minimalistic styles and I can understand that.
>>
>>24776994
no omega ruby?
>>
>>24778190
>getting stopped by NPCs everytime I enter a new area.

My.. You're right. Wtf is this shit.
>>
>Gen 1
Game Corner
Generally open world
Hyper Beam mechanics
Interesting glitches (Mew, Missigno)

>Gen 2
Calendar events (X person appears on Thursday)
Special stat split to SpAtk/SpDef

>Gen 3
Graphics
Areas for exploration that aren't required
Bikes
Abilities

>Gen 4
Music
Underground
Watch thing

>Gen 5
Reusable TMs

>Gen 6
Nothing
>>
>>24780863
Not if you liked those NPCs it isn't shit honestly
>>
>>24778272
>the diversity of wild pokemon of XY

Exactly
>>
>>24776994
If anything people should take from Gen 6, it's the interactibility with Pokemon

Riding, Surfing, Diving, Flying, all of that shit is cool as fuck
>>
The water color design of gen 1. Gen 5 with sinnoh's level of map composition. BW's lack of monsters from other regions and I'll count the spinnoffs too because they're better than the genned games. So, coloseum's gameplay and mystery dungeon's story telling.

I didn't count any other gens because I only stated the relevent ones.
>>
>>24780907
>i only stated the relevent ones
Ouch man
>>
>>24780866
Name EVEN ONE likable NPC who stops you.
>>
BW2/XY-tier maingame dex variety
Platinum-tier Gym difficulty with XY-tier level scaling (because E4 at 70s is my kind of game) with BW EXP system
Hoenn puzzles
BW landscape (because fuck water, and the caves were cool as hell)
HG/SS endgame
BW tier plot
Mystery Dungeon/Colosseum tier music
HG/SS minigames (Voltorb Flip, bug catching, and Pokeathelon)
Emerald contests (with BW accessories, and online this time)
ORAS grinding (dem hordes and those eggs)
PBR online
XY Customization

I feel like I'm missing something but that's mostly everything I want
>>
>>24780939
Sure. Which game?
>>
>>24780939
>>
>>24780963
Woah, is that official?
She's really cute there.
>>
>>24776994
8-directional movement, pre gen 6
>>
File: HRHLcJo.png (283 KB, 317x441) Image search: [Google]
HRHLcJo.png
283 KB, 317x441
>>24780967
Yeah, art is 90% of the reason I play TCG.
>>
>>24778574
>Isn't it the same?

no. Being stopped by natural objects is a lot better than le randum dancing men. Gen 1 was also a lot less linear than everything post-gen 2.
>>
>>24776994
I want Gen I and Gen II move animations + sounds. Rest can be Gen 5 plus Gen 6 balance mechanics.
>>
File: 5738348.png (156 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
5738348.png
156 KB, 245x342
>>24780979
I thank TCG for giving me art of my favourite characters that barely had any in the first place
>>
>>24780991
>gen 6 balance
Fuck that. Gen 4 balance, Gen 5/6 movepool and ability fixing, and Gen 6 weather.
>>
>>24780963
>>24780979
So TCG too went from using the official art to pandering to degenerate otaku. Disappointing but not unexpected.
>>
>>24781002
So no fairies?
>>
>>24781015
>complaining about more art
It's not like those characters don't have cards with their original art anyway
>>
File: 1399464609-84388200.jpg (29 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1399464609-84388200.jpg
29 KB, 350x350
>>24781015
TCG is official art, and only the shitty Sugumori-drawn cards used the official Sugumori art, which were always the most boring cards in the set.

If you actually took off your nostalgiagoggles, Misty's Tears was the same thing.
>>
>>24780607
I agree with you, but it also has some great stuff that other games don't. I really miss that though.
>>
>>24780671
>graphics
The overworld is nice (I don't like how big the sprites are though), but the battles are the worst that any Pokémon games. The sprites are ugly and it seems to be designed to give you an headache. Gen 6 animations might be less detailed, but it does look better.
>>
Gen 5
add proper depth effects in the overworld so everything stops looking like it was resized in paint
make proper animations that don't just look like they were turned in paint
>>
>>24781063
I liked the pixel animations, but I do agree the way they move can sometimes look pretty off.
I particularly liked the trainer animations though, how they gave even minor NPCs a slight hint of personality. I prefer those over the single art slide ins from Gen 6.
>>
>g1
no ivs, evs don't have a shared total, simple evil team, an actual rival, jumps right into the adventure, 'special' side areas that you can explore postgame to find legendaries
>g2
dual regions, day/night cycle, apricorns being the main way of getting non-generic balls, sprite design, large caves, day specific events (bug contest, week siblings, lapras, etc)
>g3
simpler battle screens, berries, battle frontier, secret bases, large routes
>g4
phys/special split, following pokemon, day/night music
>g5
seasons (week long maybe instead of per screen), big/small court, world tournament,
>g6
tall grass silhouettes/cries, trainer customization, soaring, berry breeding, special episodes, almost every mon available is in the wild
>>
>>24781205
>no ivs, evs don't have a shared total
DVs are way worse than IVs, and making no stat cap because you can just put 255 into every stat just ruins all balance.
>>
>G1
Dick rival, no IVs
>G2
maybe more than one region, but that depends on execution
>G3
secret bases and battle frontier
>G4
p/s split
>G5
Literally everything else
>G6
Trainer customization, post-game stories.
>>
>>24776994
Simplistic story of Gen 1, 2 regions form gen 2, gen 3's frontier, gen 4's open-ness of the region, BW2's postgame and 2.5 aesthetic (but with high res sprites), gen 6's overall mechanics and game speed minus megas.
>>
>>24776994
Story of Gen II

Feel of Gen II

Overworld of Gen III

Music of Gen IV

Graphic of Gen VI (XY)
>>
>Gen I's original story, taking place in Kanto with all the same locales, all the fundamentals
>Gen II's radio, times of day, berries, apricorns, breeding, and pretty much everything really, maybe a Johto postgame
>Gen III's contests, dive spots, secret bases, bicycles, Emerald Battle Frontier, Sevii Islands
>Gen IV's music changes at different times of day, GB sounds, Pokeathlon, underground, gym leader rematches, following Pokemon,
>Gen V's seasons (without obnoxiously reminding you of it all the time), Pokemon World Tournament, difficulty settings, some equivalent of the Pokestar Studios, rotation battles, triple battles
>Gen VI's engine, graphics, presentation, riding Pokemon, XY's vastly varied Pokedex/Pokemon availability, Friend Safari, all of ORAS's online features, sky battles, soaring, Pokenav Plus, Mirage Islands, Trainer customization
P E R F E C T
>>
>>24776994
POKEMON GAME FROM HELL INCOMING

>Gen 1's Sprites
>Gen 2's running legendaries
>Gen 3's story
>Gen 4's slow battles
>Gen 5's transfer minigame
>Gen 6's washed out colors
>>
>>24781672
doushite
>>
>>24779367
5 is by far the shittiest looking gen
>>
>>24780639
>B-b-but Gen 1!

Can Gen 5 fans just fuck off? No one likes your bullshit anime games. Only good things from Gen 5 are the levelling system and reusable TM's, everything else Gamefreak aught to just retcon out of existence. Only true autists like those games.
>>
>>24780607
>implying exploration is important before postgame
>implying pokemon wasn't linear before gen V
>>
>>24782711

Actually it seems like quite a few people like those games.

You don't have to like them. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But it's kind of shitty to insult everyone who does, which is a lot of people.
>>
>>24782711
>no argument so im gonna call them weabs! That'll show them!
>>
>>24780866
>Muh likeable NPC's
>>
>>24780983
Like the naturally thirsty guards and hungover old people.
Also RSE is the least linear game.
>>
>>24782723
>But it's kind of shitty to insult everyone who does

Oh no, wouldn't want that

>which is a lot of people

Funny guy

>>24782725
Kanto is the least linear region. Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and even Kalos are also pretty well layed out and not literally a line.

Defending Gen 5 by saying Gen 1 did something is the biggest non-argument in the book. As if bringing every other generation down to your level of shit is better than defending the merits you think Unova has.
>>
>>24782828
The original subject was about how it was linear. Of course we would be talking about that.
It was already discussed above as well.
>>
File: 1426731903497.jpg (11 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1426731903497.jpg
11 KB, 200x194
>special stat / Speed-affected Crits
>element punches as buyable TMs / 2nd region postgame
>frame rate / Vs Seeker
>Underground / following Pokemon
>moving sprites / general aesthetics
>customizable trainer / Megas
>>
>>24780607
>There's no backtracking and it's like the people of the region hold your hand and guide you through the region like you are some little kid lost at an airport.
Just like ORAS and XY...
>>
>>24782828

Come on, dude, don't we have enough shitposting around here? You can state your preferences without being a dick about it.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.