[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>catch a Staryu >instantly nicknames it because there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Speedstar.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Speedstar.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>catch a Staryu
>instantly nicknames it because there's no abilities/natures/hidden abilities/EVs/IVs/egg moves to make it bad

What was wrong with just catching your pokemon? Why the series became an eugenics simulator? Will pokemon ever be fun again like in gen 1?
>>
>>24773938
You can still do that if you want.
>>
File: NO RELIEF.png (53 KB, 334x355) Image search: [Google]
NO RELIEF.png
53 KB, 334x355
>>24773938
Anybody can still do that, idiot.

Some people wanting to be the best in a competitive plane is fun for themselves, too.
>>
>>24773938

EVs and IVs existed in Gen 1
>>
>>24773938
>Staryu
>Egg Moves
>>
>>24774073
It's surprising how many people are unaware if this.
>>
>>24773938
>he doesn't want to be the very best
>>
File: 1448820310248.jpg (21 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1448820310248.jpg
21 KB, 576x432
>>24774073
Effort Values did not exist until gen 3, good attempt
>>
they need to remove IVs. they are cancer.
>>
>>24774082
A star can dream.
>>
>>24774152
What moves does it even need that it can't already get with level up + TMs, though? Calm Mind?
>>
>>24774138
Yes they did, they just had their mechanics changed in gen 3.
>>
>You'll never play a pokemon game where every fully evolved mon has 600 bst
>>
>>24773938
>wah additional depth is bad
>having to do anything but memorize type matchups is too much for my meager brain that hasn't advanced since i was eight

when is this meme going to end
if you don't like the game then why are you on a pokemon forum
>>
>>24774157
Energy Ball, maybe? Starmie has probably the best movepools out there as is it's almost criminal.
>>
>>24774144
>inb4 someone defends them
Even Wizardry, the prototypical RPG stopped doing random stat points because they realized it was retarded and nobody liked it.
>>
GameFreak brought the eugensics simulator upon themselves. Would it be better if weren't this way? Probably, unfortunately that's how the game works.

I'm not really a smogonfag, but I think it's funny how people blame Smogon for over-powered Pokemon. I realize it's up to the player to chose what Pokémon to use and how to play the game, but it's still gf's fault for making a fundamentally unbalanced game.
>>
im not gonna use an adamant staryu
>>
>>24774351
>randomness and tedious work = depth
>wanting depth in a children's video game

Well memed, friend.
>>
>>24774351
>depth

The implication that EVs and IVs need you to be more intellectual is also hilarious.
>>
File: 1410580403944.jpg (234 KB, 1223x1240) Image search: [Google]
1410580403944.jpg
234 KB, 1223x1240
>we'll never have a game without IVs
it hurts to live
>>
>>24774703
you'd be surprised by the amount of people even today that dont know what EVs are or that IVs even exist
>>
>>24774729
Well it's mentioned nowhere in the games until recently and even then it doesn't give much of an explanation. And most people probably don't care they just want to play through the game with their faves
>>
>>24774138
they were called Stat EXP back then
>>
Random Staryu is a pretty cool guy. Eh learns a lot of HMs, has Illuminate, and doesn't afraid of anything.

>>24774729
Which doesn't make them dumb, it just means they're not autistic to care.

If you care about the being the very best like no one ever was then you know about eugenics. If not then you don't.
>>
>>24774749
And common knowledge was "pokemon leveled with Rare Candies were weaker"

A much simpler concept than having to fight only the right kinds of pokemon
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.