[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crawdaunt is being retested in UU http://www.smogon.com/for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 342Crawdaunt[1].png (158 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
342Crawdaunt[1].png
158 KB, 431x431
Crawdaunt is being retested in UU

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-uu-stage-6-slow-hands.3557948/

>As you know, recently we're receiving new drops in the form of mega base-form mons. In addition to this, we have decided to hold a suspect test. The mon being tested is Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt is a very potent offensive mon, but the metagame has changed drastically since it was last tested.

Has the metagame changed enough for Crawdaunt to be let back in, or are its Knock Offs still too much for the tier?
>>
>>24773497
Cant say but they'll retest crawdaunt and not Lucario or Aegislash? Seriously?
>>
well crawdaunt is somewhat worse than feraligatr in OU so it makes sense
this is as much megas as the tier has had in a while so no knock off boost against them. plus zapdos dropped so that's a check somewhat too.
idk i still think it's way overpowered, but really all the opponent needs as to deal with it is a fast special attacker. i still think they should retest m-pidgeot instead but hey whatever
>>
>>24773497
When was crawdaunt banned?
>>
>>24773504
UU dude
not OU
>>
>>24773504
>retested in UU
>in UU
>UU

Ahem.
>>
>>24773507
>Feraligatr is better than Crawdaunt in OU
You sure people just don't use it more because "muh starter"?
I don't a see single reason besides Conkeldurr's Mach Punch to use it over Crawdaunt.
>>
>>24773527
feraligatr is B+
crawdaunt is B
feraligatr has more initial speed, more power in coverage (crunch and ice punch), more special bulk, and minimally usable special attack
>>
File: BL.png (65 KB, 867x730) Image search: [Google]
BL.png
65 KB, 867x730
>>24773509

Back when kokoloko was in charge.
>>
>>24773527
That's only a small factor. If it was a significant factor, Typhlosion would get even more obnoxious usage (look at how much Smogon hates it on its analysis), and Mega Sceptile would be revenge killing all sorts of shit in OU.

Also, Feraligatr is generally easier to use for some people because it's naturally faster, and pure water typing + decent bulk allow it to set up without fearing being revenge killed too often.
>>
>>24773527
also conkeldurr is shit right now

>>24773532
forgot to say feraligatr also has more opportunities to switch in
>>
>>24773538
typhlosion should've never been banned from NU imo
>>
Adaptability + Base 120 Attack is certainly something. It hits like a tank and also has access to Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance. Unlike Gatr, it can actually run Aqua Jet no problem.

63/85/55 bulk is atrocious and its speed is horrid. Getting it into the battle will be fairly hard to do.

While Knock Off is going to be feared, I think it'll do alright in UU. At least, I'd hope so without actually doing any calcs to back it up.
>>
>>24773504
It's a UU retest, and the only thing that changed after the Aegislash retest in OU is the addition of both Hoopas
>>
>>24773507
crawdaunt and feraligatr are two very different mons in OU. feraligatr runs DD (if you're a competent player) and is more similar to mega gyarados or other charizard X. crawdaunt runs SD to function as a wallbreaker, more like bisharp (albeit missing sucker punch). it's a slight bit more unique in this regard, but its abysmal bulk/speed hold it back from being a dominating force. (note that daunt shouldn't use DD on account of its measly speed tier even at +1 in conjunction with the huge advantages to +2 attack from SD)
>>
>>24773515
>>24773518
Obviously not suggesting Aegislash be tested for UU. If theyre going to re-test and potentially unban Crawdaunt (from BL to UU) why not do the same for the "broken" mons that arent broken now that more tutors, counters, and even more obnoxious megas exist to counter them like Sableye
>>
>>24773889
>why not do the same for the "broken" mons that arent broken now that more tutors, counters, and even more obnoxious megas exist to counter them like Sableye
I don't think there has been enough of a major paradigm shift to justify a lot of the new Ubers to come back down. A lot of them will come back within good time, i'm sure, but not yet.
>>
>>24773915
Eh. I guess I just never thought Aegislash in particular deserved the ban and IF they ever retested Parental Bond Chimera, I dont think he'll actually come down. That thing is crazy strong and I seriously doubt Mega Sableye could ever put a stop to it.
>>
UU is so garbage
>>
>>24773923
>+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 130-154 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Seriously. Lucario sets up and its fucking over, and since Sableye is king on Stall-teams, it has plenty of chances to do so. Forcing something out may be a different story (and getting rocks down against a M-Sab) but when it DOES happen... This is ignoring that Iron Tail exists and OHKOs after a SD, even before rocks
>>
>>24773881
>not using CBdaunt
Like you'd ever set up an SD
>>
>>24773929
Secondly, worst case scenario with a swords dance - Will o Wisp on a physical lucario.

>+2 252 Atk Adaptability burned Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 160-189 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Worst case scenario for the sableye though - mixed/special Lucario

>252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Mega Sableye: 146-172 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Note; Unboosted Flash cannons KO sableye on the switch with rocks on the field
>>
>>24773889
There are different councils for different tiers. Either way, bitching on /vp/ doesn't tell anyone on smogon that there is interest in retesting aegislash

also it has 720 bst and was only checked by mandibuzz, fuck that shit
>>
>>24774405
Wait how the fuck did mandibuzz check spooky sword?
Never really got into the singles meta.
>>
>>24775110
>resists ghost
>doesn't give a fuck about most neutral flash cannon, sacred sword, or iron head
>foul play isn't affected by king's shield
>higher speed means usually faster foul plays
>aegislash's only good move against it is head smash which is an uncommon terribad option
>isn't a waste of a team slot due to good team support options and typing
>>
>>24773533
>Diggersby
>Hawlucha
>M-Pidgeot
>Togekiss
>Zygard

Why?
>>
>>24773929

I always liked special M-lucario a lot better.
>>
>>24773571

>utter shit everywhere
>becomes really good in its tier
>gets banned
>now completely fucking unusable everywhere

typhlosion...had a hard life
>>
>>24775215

I think magmortar is better, just less used.
>>
>>24775247

Meta was complete cancer with Typhlosion in it

Firespam was everywhere, everyone had Assault Vest Hariyama on their teams just to deal with it
>>
>>24775287

magmortar hits way harder, has more bulk and has a widely better movepool. I don't know if you play a lot of NU but its one of the most commonly used pokemon in NU. A lot of special walls lose to it because it has the option of running physical moves as well to moderate success.

Everyone runs some kind of thick fat or special tank for it anyway. I can't tell you how many times Magmortar wars happened in my matches. Of course I run tech psychic (for haryiama non the less) as well as a more defensive spread so I personally have to switch.
>>
>>24775138
>Diggersby
Stupidly strong Earthquakes, shits on their precious balance and stall teams.
>Hawlucha
No idea. I might understand if Flying Gem were released, but it's not, so Hawlucha being banned puzzles me too.
>M-Pidgeot
They go butthurt over confusion making things too luck based from Hurricane spam
>Togekiss
Not enough counters, Nasty Plot and stallbreaker sets hoses their precious stall teams
>Zygarde
Some nonsense about it boosting and being too hard to phase.
>>
>>24775676
>Hawlucha
Power Herb Sky Attack is strong as fuck and after Unburden it outspeed everything.

Thanks to Unburden it can Run Adamant and invest in some Bulk to not be paper-thin. It's almost a one trick pony but its a trick too good.

At least that was what they said, it's true that that makes Hawlucha good, but I don't get why it's banned; if it runs Roost or Stone Edge, it can boost its attack, hell, without Stone Edge it's already walled. And the Swords Dance variants can't pull of SD without trouble, either.
>>
>>24775676
>Zygarde
He would be good if he had the same base speed as at least Garchomp.
>>
UU banned everything that could be OP and the started letting them all in and testing them to see if they should stay BL or come into UU, the goal being to never have an unbalanced meta

>>24775130
Don't forget that before bank it was probably the only viable user of defog
>>
>>24775138
>seriously asking about Togekiss
U serious? Togekiss is THE BEST non-mega fairy right now. The "why" should be directed as to why isn't it top used in OU right now, it's amazing there.
As for the others, Diggersby and Hawlucha are ridiculously strong (even in OU they're nothing short of amazing), Zygard is too strong for the current UU meta, and M-Pidgeot was banned for some stupid thing (Confusion hax)
>>
>>24775287
typhlosion had extrasensory to deal with hariyama anyway so that wasn't the issue
typhlosion was never hard to deal with, it just changed too many things around it and because of this they thought it was best to ban it when feraligatr got to UU
>>
>>24775809
>walled
by what? It's stabs are unresisted outside of Aegislash and Zapdos, Thundurus and Rotom-Fan/Ghost afaik
>>
>>24773504
>Still being this salty over edgedog of 0 balance and le sword and shield of 50/50/50/50/50/50 of cancer
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>24775836
It IS objectively pretty good by itself; the ChestoRest set in particular is destructive. It just has competition with shinier sweepers and gets cu.ke.d by Fairies if it presses Outraged.
>>
>>24775900
Doublade, fat Psychics, and Mega Ampharos. The latter two need to be kept very healthy to have a chance though.

It's dumb because its counters are limited, and it has a surprising amount of set-up fodder (Krookodile, Mienshao, -2 Hydreigon, Megahorn-locked Heracross, etc.). Once it starts sweeping, what's really going to stop it?

It might not be as bad now that Zapdos is here, but we also don't have Mew and Slowbro anymore.
>>
>>24776025

slowking can burn it and easily take a HJK.
>>
>>24776073
paralyze*

And it's shaky considering Slowking can't switch directly into a boosted attack and take Acrobatics to the face too.
>>
>>24775887
Clefable has better abilities and bulk (calm mind) and Mega Waifu and Flesh Ribbons have more immediate power. if people want a special set-up sweeper in Ou then then more often than not they are going to go for manaphy, who is cancer
>>
>>24776088

scald

30% = 100%
>>
>>24776234
>scald

>30%=0%
ftfy faggot
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.