[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just won my regional VGC tournament. Looking for a replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: mamoswine.jpg (26 KB, 236x181) Image search: [Google]
mamoswine.jpg
26 KB, 236x181
Title.
My team was:
Mega Manectric
Mega Blaziken
Scizor
Garchomp
Rotom-W
Mamoswine

The first 5 carried me alone, I only got to use Mamoswine once and even then, I lost. He was supposed to be my anti Thundurus/Landorus combo lead but nobody pitched with that kind of team. Do I keep or is there a better alternative?
>>
>mega manectric
>mega blaziken when regular, life orb blaziken is better
>>>>>>garchomp

Was it a BO1 shitter tournament or what?
>>
>>24773245
>when life orb blaziken is better

VGC has item clause and a pokemon that doesn't have a near equivalent mega would appreciate the life orb more mate.
>>
why not eviolite piloswine tho
>>
>>24773185
Scarf Jynx is a weird but effective idea
>>
If you won a regional then you surely won't benefit from asking /vp/, but in any case, your Rain matchup isn't the best, Trick Room seems like it could give you problems and other than Scizor, you can't really beat Cresselia reliably (at least going by the mons, maybe you have your own ways, though). I'd say keep the mamo if you don't like playing against genies, they will appear sooner or later (probably sooner)
>>
what tournament, exactly? your team is pretty complete garbage, it feels 'anti-meta' in a really sloppy and poorly executed way. maybe include a good pivot somewhere, and have less type overlap.
>>
>>24773185
>anti Thundurus/Landorus combo lead

Try Cloyster.
White Herb Shell Smash with Skill Link
>>
>>24773185
>Winning a regional with that shit of team
I totally believe you, after I heard that the stupid who won Mexico Regional was using a Rock Slide Terrakion
>>
>>24776613

What's wrong with RockSlide Terrakion
>>
>>24776613
>Rock Slide Terrakion
Whats so stupid about that?
>>
>>24776592
you know it completely fails against a double genie lead, right? intimidate burns the white herb, and thundurus can just t-wave or t-bolt
>>
>>24776592
>cloyster
>OHKO'd by any thunderbolt
>needs to be fast, no lum to stop paralysis
>>
>>24776635
>>24776640
I forgot to tell that it had King's Rock and was spamming Thunder Wave and Swagger.
Every. Fucking. Game.
>>
you should replace it with a different ice coverage mon. I'm madly in love with Lapras in doubles right now. Clefairy would be good with ice beam or icy wind because fairies are all the rage. Latios maybe. Ludicolo milotic azu maybe bisharp
>>24776592
that isn't good in doubles. double targeting is easy w lando spread moves
>>24776582
brah his team isn't that bad. The meta is a lot more fluid than you think
>>
>>24776699
king's rock doesn't stack with rock slide
>>
>>24775620
>If you won a regional then you surely won't benefit from asking /vp/
This.
>>
>>24776718
but with Close Combat it stacks;-;
>>
>>24776744

So... what was wrong with using that Terrakion again? Other than the stackless flinch modifiers
>>
Porygon2, you can pair it with Garchomp

Ice Beam for genies or Flying types, Discharge for Flying/Water, paralysis and hits all on field. Last two moves will depend on what you have or need, I run Recover and Magic Coat
>>
>>24776998
a wasted item is a big deal anon
he said it also had swagger w thunderwave support
>>
>>24773265
>>24775597
don't listen to these two
>>
>>24776592
Please don't do this
>>
>>24776998
I don't think there's anything wrong with terrakion. That anon is probably complaining about how the guy played the "i'll just rock slide you and thunderswag you" game, which is kinda a legit strategy in this fucking game, but there were other good non-faggot plays he could have made, especially considering he had terrakion/thundurus against kanga/milotic (at least game one which is the only one I watched)
>>
Whimsicott.
Taunt
Encore
Tailwind
Protect

Good anti-genie lead.
>>
>>24779593
>Whimsicott used whatever
>Thundurus used Hidden Power. It's super effective
>Landorus used Rock Slide. Whimisicott fainted.
>>
>>24779730
Eh works for me.
>>
>>24779593
>being this retarded
have fun with your free kill/dead weight
whims is good at some things but handling genies is not one of them
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.